• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Tortoise and the Hare:

T

ThatGirl

I wasn't sure where to post this thread. I have been thinking about life paces and motivations lately.

For me personally, I am always told you need to slow down and pace yourself. I am reminded of tales such as The Tortoise and the Hare, in which the wise message is pace and moderation.

I have also been thinking about the world and how one perceives it. In a conversation with an old friend of mine in which I was saying that I just wan't time to stop. He said the closer something gets to the speed of light, the more things seem to slow down. And thats when it hit me.

The faster I run through life the more I feel in control. The more predictable things seem, and the less important other things become.

So I guess my question is this. Is there a Pace to life in which one Should be living in for maximum efficiency? And if so, what happens to people who do not naturally operate with in that element?

What is the ideal pace of life, and what is your preferred pace?

One more thought. Is it not true that it takes more force to make an object move than to keep it moving? So for instance once the ball is rolling, why would you want to slow it down, or stop it. However is there a speed in which the ball will eventually expand and therefore drop due to consequences of its own weight? Does this pertain to people?

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
That's funny, the message I took from "The Tortoise and the Hare" was not that of pacing and moderation. It was that a talented but lazy individual will lose out to an untalented but determined individual. It was a symbol of hope for those who find themselves poor at something they still wish to succeed at. Or conversely, a warning to those who are talented that they still need to apply themselves.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
That's funny, the message I took from "The Tortoise and the Hare" was not that of pacing and moderation. It was that a talented but lazy individual will lose out to an untalented but determined individual. It was a symbol of hope for those who find themselves poor at something they still wish to succeed at. Or conversely, a warning to those who are talented that they still need to apply themselves.

Really? I thought the message was to not take a god-damned nap during a fucking race. :dizzy:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think both messages are acceptable for the fable. I got both out of the tale, at different times in my life.

I think there is a minimum pace and a maximum pace, but that these paces are totally dependent on situations. I could see both extremes becoming a problem for that individual.