• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can we survive Global Capitalism?

coberst

Can we survive Global Capitalism?

There are negative feedback control systems such as a furnace/thermostat or our own bodies. There are positive feedback control systems such as an ordinary fire or our capitalistic economic system.

In a fire the higher the temperature the faster the fuel is burned; the faster the fuel burns the higher goes the temperature. In a business enterprise it is common practice to put a percentage of profit into advertising. More advertising creates greater sales, which mean higher profit.

A negative feedback system seeks out equilibrium; a positive feedback system has no equilibrium and is ever accelerating.

If we have a positive feedback system, such as capitalism being now abetted by Globalism, we face the horrendous situation that the greater the progress the faster the spiral of destruction when considering that the world and humans are negative feedback systems.

If we choose to continue with our present global/capitalistic program we must find a way to dampen the positive feedback system.

Biologists, and probably other sciences, inform us that human conceit, i.e. human ego, distorts our ability to comprehend our self. Egocentricities motivate us into irrational behavior thereby imperiling our survival; the human animal is arrogant and dangerous. Mark Twain was told that “man is the noblest work of God” to which he replied “Now, who found that out?”

Bernard James, author of “The Death of Progress” argues that perhaps a new moral order might be the solution to acquiring the means to avoid self-extinction. He argues that creation is a function of life. It is inventive acts that govern the evolution and survival requirements of human and ecosystems.

I suggest that we must find a new formula for the encouragement of creativity directed at this monumental problem. This is a problem that demands quick action and it seems to me that we cannot wait several generations for this to be accomplished. Today’s adults must recognize the problem and must energetically seek a solution. I think that an invigorated self-actualization through self-learning by adults is required. I am not talking about more schooling. Schooling has left us learning-handicapped already. This effort must be self-learning. Adults must begin a concentrated effort toward developing an intellectual life far beyond that which now exists.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
there are master's degree entitled 'Global Dominance'

so, we better be able to

coberst

Our (American) educational system teaches the student how to become a good producer and consumer. If the student stops learning after their school daze are over they shall never learn how to become a self-actualizing independent critical thinking citizen. I might add that the culture adds to this harmful mix by inculcating, through social osmosis, a strong anti-intellectual bias so that the citizen has a strong distaste for anything intellectual that cannot be defined within a set of algorithms.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Our (American) educational system teaches the student how to become a good producer and consumer. If the student stops learning after their school daze are over they shall never learn how to become a self-actualizing independent critical thinking citizen. I might add that the culture adds to this harmful mix by inculcating, through social osmosis, a strong anti-intellectual bias so that the citizen has a strong distaste for anything intellectual that cannot be defined within a set of algorithms.

you have a point.

which is why post-secondary education is of utmost importance