User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    infp

I've done this so many times as a teenager lol and no, nothing has ever happened, you know someone is pushing the board and playing dumb.

My aunty told me something happened to her, but only she knows if it really did.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

The last time I did Ouija was in college with a bunch of random folks in my friends room. Apparently we attracted a spirit from Afrika who really, really liked sex. She said that I would graduate from Rutgers or be at Rutgers or something in the next year. I have never been to Rutgers ever. It also incorrectly predicted the winning team of the super bowl that year.

But in general, no, I stay away from stuff like that. Bad mojo.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

It is all lies, there is no such thing as the supernatural. There is not even a shred of empirical evidence to support such nonsense. At most these are cultural archetypes.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Well, at least we know you're openminded and all
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    The last time I did Ouija was in college with a bunch of random folks in my friends room. Apparently we attracted a spirit from Afrika who really, really liked sex. She said that I would graduate from Rutgers or be at Rutgers or something in the next year. I have never been to Rutgers ever. It also incorrectly predicted the winning team of the super bowl that year.

But in general, no, I stay away from stuff like that. Bad mojo.
    Come on are you really that gullible? the obvious explain is it was one of your friends messing around with you.

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Well, at least we know you're openminded and all
    Open-minded person is someone who is willing to look at new ideas and willing to scrutinize them and accept them if they find reason to. This is what atheists do. The smarter they are the more likely they are to scrutinize everything throughout their daily life.

You are not close-minded just because you demand evidence for what you believe. It seems to me, to be irrational and childish to believe anything with no evidence or reason at all, based purely on faith.

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I've done this so many times as a teenager lol and no, nothing has ever happened, you know someone is pushing the board and playing dumb.

My aunty told me something happened to her, but only she knows if it really did.
    The human mind is susceptible to delusions.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by King T View Post
    Open-minded person is someone who is willing to look at new ideas and willing to scrutinize them and accept them if they find reason to. This is what atheists do. The smarter they are the more likely they are to scrutinize everything throughout their daily life.

You are not close-minded just because you demand evidence for what you believe. It seems to me, to be irrational and childish to believe anything with no evidence or reason at all, based purely on faith.
    Oh I agree, and I believe in looking at ideas with healthy scepticism, but I also refrain from making judgement calls (lies and nonsense and the likes) without trying something out for myself so I know what I'm talking about and even then..I haven't used an Oujja board, and I probably never will, but I know from experience that other things like it work just fine. So no, I don't base my judgements on faith, but on experience
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Banned
    MBTI
    InTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Oh I agree, and I believe in looking at ideas with health scepticism, but I also refrain from making judgement calls (lies and nonsense and the likes) without trying something out for myself so I know what I'm talking about and even then..I haven't used an Oujja board, and I probably never will, but I know from experience that other things like it work just fine. So no, I don't base my judgements on faith, but on experience
    Maybe lies was a little OTT, but it is still nonsense, which has no evidence, and thus we have no reason to accept it. So suggesting I am close-minded for the fact that I don't believe in something which has no evidence, is rather unreasonable.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by King T View Post
    Maybe lies was a little OTT, but it is still nonsense, which has no evidence, and thus we have no reason to accept it. So suggesting I am close-minded for the fact that I don't believe in something which has no evidence, is rather unreasonable.
    I'm not demanding you to believe. I'm asking you to learn how to say: I don't know. I don't have any way of knowing (yet). You see, you seem to worship a god called Science. The thing about Science is..it's the only god we know to be fallable as it was in fact created by man. This we do know for sure. Science may one day explain all these phenomena, and I look forward to that day. But I will not judge these things to be invalid just because Science tells me that he has no way of proving these phenomena and therefore validating them. That would be like refusing to watch TV as I have no clue exaclty how that thing works despite hearing rumors about how if you push the power button, something magical will happen.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★