• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ouija Board experiences

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I've done this so many times as a teenager lol and no, nothing has ever happened, you know someone is pushing the board and playing dumb. :D

My aunty told me something happened to her, but only she knows if it really did. :shock:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The last time I did Ouija was in college with a bunch of random folks in my friends room. Apparently we attracted a spirit from Afrika who really, really liked sex. She said that I would graduate from Rutgers or be at Rutgers or something in the next year. I have never been to Rutgers ever. It also incorrectly predicted the winning team of the super bowl that year.

But in general, no, I stay away from stuff like that. Bad mojo.

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
It is all lies, there is no such thing as the supernatural. There is not even a shred of empirical evidence to support such nonsense. At most these are cultural archetypes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, at least we know you're openminded and all :coffee:

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
The last time I did Ouija was in college with a bunch of random folks in my friends room. Apparently we attracted a spirit from Afrika who really, really liked sex. She said that I would graduate from Rutgers or be at Rutgers or something in the next year. I have never been to Rutgers ever. It also incorrectly predicted the winning team of the super bowl that year.

But in general, no, I stay away from stuff like that. Bad mojo.

Come on are you really that gullible? the obvious explain is it was one of your friends messing around with you.

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
Well, at least we know you're openminded and all :coffee:

Open-minded person is someone who is willing to look at new ideas and willing to scrutinize them and accept them if they find reason to. This is what atheists do. The smarter they are the more likely they are to scrutinize everything throughout their daily life.

You are not close-minded just because you demand evidence for what you believe. It seems to me, to be irrational and childish to believe anything with no evidence or reason at all, based purely on faith.

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
I've done this so many times as a teenager lol and no, nothing has ever happened, you know someone is pushing the board and playing dumb. :D

My aunty told me something happened to her, but only she knows if it really did. :shock:

The human mind is susceptible to delusions.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Open-minded person is someone who is willing to look at new ideas and willing to scrutinize them and accept them if they find reason to. This is what atheists do. The smarter they are the more likely they are to scrutinize everything throughout their daily life.

You are not close-minded just because you demand evidence for what you believe. It seems to me, to be irrational and childish to believe anything with no evidence or reason at all, based purely on faith.

Oh I agree, and I believe in looking at ideas with healthy scepticism, but I also refrain from making judgement calls (lies and nonsense and the likes) without trying something out for myself so I know what I'm talking about and even then..I haven't used an Oujja board, and I probably never will, but I know from experience that other things like it work just fine. So no, I don't base my judgements on faith, but on experience :)

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
Oh I agree, and I believe in looking at ideas with health scepticism, but I also refrain from making judgement calls (lies and nonsense and the likes) without trying something out for myself so I know what I'm talking about and even then..I haven't used an Oujja board, and I probably never will, but I know from experience that other things like it work just fine. So no, I don't base my judgements on faith, but on experience :)

Maybe lies was a little OTT, but it is still nonsense, which has no evidence, and thus we have no reason to accept it. So suggesting I am close-minded for the fact that I don't believe in something which has no evidence, is rather unreasonable.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe lies was a little OTT, but it is still nonsense, which has no evidence, and thus we have no reason to accept it. So suggesting I am close-minded for the fact that I don't believe in something which has no evidence, is rather unreasonable.

I'm not demanding you to believe. I'm asking you to learn how to say: I don't know. I don't have any way of knowing (yet). You see, you seem to worship a god called Science. The thing about Science is..it's the only god we know to be fallable as it was in fact created by man. This we do know for sure. Science may one day explain all these phenomena, and I look forward to that day. But I will not judge these things to be invalid just because Science tells me that he has no way of proving these phenomena and therefore validating them. That would be like refusing to watch TV as I have no clue exaclty how that thing works despite hearing rumors about how if you push the power button, something magical will happen.

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
I'm not demanding you to believe. I'm asking you to learn how to say: I don't know.

Why would I do that, when there is a whole body of evidence which it would be violating if it was true.
You see, you seem worship a god called Science. The thing about Science is..it's the only god we know to be fallable as it was in fact created by man

I don't think I worship science I am more inclined to accept a body of evidence which has been peer-reviewed then to accept anecdotal claims.

This we do know for sure. Science may one day explain all these phenomena, and I look forward to that day. But I will not judge these things to be invalid just because Science tells me that he has no way of proving these phenomena and therefore validating them.

This is like the fallacy of the "God of the gaps" argument.

That would be like refusing to watch TV as I have no clue exaclty how that thing works despite hearing rumors about how if you push the power button, something magical will happen.

You've lost me. :huh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly, I have. Unfortunate. I'll stop derailing now, but I'd love to see this body of evidence against spiritual practices someday.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
King's got his own religion, don't let him fool you. He's a materialist.

Materialists hold as a matter of faith that only what is physically tangible, or that which may be logically extrapolated from the physically tanglible, is real. It facilitates a certain authoritarian approach to rhetoric, but is at its heart dogmatic, like all fundamentalism.

:hug: I was aware of that, but thanks for explaining it so clearly. Now how do you get them to stop feeling threatened ( or so it would appear) by people that don't share their religion?

King T

Permabanned
MBTI Type
InTJ
King's got his own religion, don't let him fool you. He's a materialist.

Materialists hold as a matter of faith that only what is physically tangible, or that which may be logically extrapolated from the physically tanglible, is real. It facilitates a certain authoritarian approach to rhetoric, but is at its heart dogmatic, like all fundamentalism.

I am actually not a materialist, I am a solipsist, but that is a mute point.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not demanding you to believe. I'm asking you to learn how to say: I don't know. I don't have any way of knowing (yet). You see, you seem to worship a god called Science. The thing about Science is..it's the only god we know to be fallable as it was in fact created by man. This we do know for sure. Science may one day explain all these phenomena, and I look forward to that day. But I will not judge these things to be invalid just because Science tells me that he has no way of proving these phenomena and therefore validating them. That would be like refusing to watch TV as I have no clue exaclty how that thing works despite hearing rumors about how if you push the power button, something magical will happen.

Quantum mechanics was "true" before we "discovered" in in ~ the 1920's. Newtonian Mechanics was true before Newton and Galileo "discovered" it. Relativity was true before Einstein "formulated" it in the 1900's and before its math was "discovered" in the 1890's [note: some of its math is still not worked out to this day]. Viruses and bacteria were "true" before we saw them with microscopes.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My single Ouija board experience was that I peed in my pants before my friends and I even opened the box cause I was too scared :D