User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Default Our Neighbour - the Largest Muslim Country in the World.

Our next door neighbour is the largest muslim country in the world - Indonesia.

We full supported Indonesia in their struggle for independence from the Dutch. And we fought with Indonesians against the Japanese invasion in WW II. And after the tsunami, without thought or hesitation, we gave muslim Indonesians one thousand million dollars as a gift to relieve their suffering.

And just the other day Indonesia held its second free and fair election. And we are over the moon at this.

We have fully supported Indonesian, and so muslim, independence. And we fully and enthusiastically support Indonesian democracy.

Unfortunately the Islamists chose this very moment - the moment of the success of liberal democracy - to register their violent hatred of democracy in Indonesia and Australia.

And they chose to register their violent hatred of democracy by slaughtering a number of my fellow Australians as they peacefully had their breakfast.

Australians get on very well, with the Indonesian people, almost all who are muslim, and we get on very well with the elected Indonesian government.

We get on so well the Indonesian government has invited the Australian Federal Police to join them in Indonesia to investigate the mass murder of Australians by Islamists yesterday morning at breakfast.

And I ask all decent and democratic people to support Indonesia and Australia as together we face Islamist mass murder.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We full supported Indonesia in their struggle for independence from the Dutch. And we fought with Indonesians against the Japanese invasion in WW II.
    I don't recall any invasion of Indonesia by the Allies in WWII. General MacArthur was overruled on that score. It was still occupied by the Japanese when the A-bombs were dropped. In fact Japan recognised Indonesian independence two days after its surrender in return for the collaboration of its leaders like Sukharno(who later lead the resistance to the Duth after the war). Australian and other Commonwealth forces helped aid the Dutch reoccupation of the territory.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post

Also, GWB was well-intentioned, stubborn, and incompetent, not a hilteresque embodiment of evil :rolleyes2:
    Are you really serious? The majority of the middle east sees George Bush the same way you see Osama Bin Laden. I'm sure you've seen the photoshops of Bush with fangs and Iraqi children between his teeth.

Why is any of what I have said relevant to the OP? Because the OP is assigning blame and I have just as much blame to assign. You people believe no life is worth as much as an American life. You murdered hundreds of thousands of people (more people than your country has ever lost to terrorism) for the victims' "own good". The terrorists probably feel the same way about you.

Your own silent majority stood by and grinned and looked the other way while innocent people suffered and died. One faction uses religious fanaticism, the other uses greed as their excuse. Tell me then why you are so much nobler than them? Why are your lives worth so much more? Why is your silent majority not blamed as much as the Muslim populace?

You call this collateral damage.

I call them children. I call them people.
    Anger is also a feeling.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that destroying a country with no terrorist affiliations (but lots of oil!) really helped the anti-terrorist cause.

Radical Islamists are not the only murderers out there. What happened to the human rights of the Iraqis? Apparently they don't count either.

Muslims chose to neglect international human rights acts.
    Why?
    Because the Quran doesn't allow Non-Muslims equal right.

So if they choose to neglect human rights of non muslims why should non-Muslims allow Muslims to benefit from Non-Muslim human rights acts while the Muslims refuse to give the Non-Muslims equal right??????????

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

We murdered twice as many of them as they did us because we believe in human rights and they don't!

Not solid reasoning if you ask me.

Murder is murder no matter how hard you wave your excuses. There is no excuse for the death of innocent children. Tell me how many kids you lost in 9/11 and I will tell you how many kids Iraq lost.

By slotting people into categories of Muslims and Non-Muslims you are as bad as the terrorists. Just because the Bible never uses the word "Jihad" doesn't mean you haven't waged one.
    Anger is also a feeling.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    We murdered twice as many of them as they did us because we believe in human rights and they don't!

Not solid reasoning if you ask me.

Murder is murder no matter how hard you wave your excuses. There is no excuse for the death of innocent children. Tell me how many kids you lost in 9/11 and I will tell you how many kids Iraq lost.

By slotting people into categories of Muslims and Non-Muslims you are as bad as the terrorists. Just because the Bible never uses the word "Jihad" doesn't mean you haven't waged one.
    that is not what i said.
    what i am trying to say that international human rights are not accepted by muslims because of the Quran.
    And they refuse to give Non Muslims equal rights.

So muslims Don't have the rights to say
    "hey where are our Human rights"

If they do all we have to say is
    "what the fuck you idiot. you rejected them. Remember?"

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

No, international human rights are not accepted by TERRORISTS using the Qur'an as their reasoning.

Then take out the terrorists, not their home country. It is the difference between an eye for an eye and my eye for your whole extended family.
    Anger is also a feeling.

Riva

you do have a point.
    But,

The terrorists uses the Quran to justify their murderous acts.
    So to take down the terrorists the only thing which could be done is to take down the Quran.
    To take down the quran you have to defeat places that shelters it such as Iraq and Iran.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Julius II murdered thousands in the name of the Bible. All that is left to be done is to take down the Bible. Which means we must destroy all places that shelter it.

Many people have killed in the name of religion. Many people adhere to the same faith and don't kill. Your reasoning does not apply.
    Anger is also a feeling.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Religion is a constant, and you're not going to get rid of it. So are religious nutballs.

What you have to do to prevent terrorists arising out of religious nutballs is take away the other factors that turns a Fred Phelps (GOD HATES FAGS) from an annoying, offensive lawsuit-seeking asshole into an international bomber. Usually, these factors have much more to do with international power politics than it does with religion per se.