• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Accepting Jesus will save your soul...

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, Jesus is the "son," not the impregnater. Mary also submitted to the Conception, according to scripture... although I guess one could make a case of unequal power (e.g., a teenage girl is hit on by the President and she succumbs, was it totally a free choice or was there exploitation occurring due to the power difference?)
Some, such as Muslims and others do argue that. But it's different, as it does not involve one human crossing into another human's personal, sexual area (KJV: "nakedness"), but rather God, who sees and owns everything, simply bypassing the physical sexual space altogether and causing the reproduction process to begin inside.
I remember feeling the pressure to "witness" to other people when I was in a religion. When the premise is that you have the truth that will give you eternal life and those without it will have eternal death, then not witnessing is considered the ultimate selfishness. It always made me uncomfortable to do it and then the guilt would set in for not striking up conversations with random people. Every week in church various people will report how they witnessed to others and those who could do it randomly are respected for it by the other church members

Exactly!
[Bold]: including people here. So then, I could not even participate in any nonreligious forum without making a pest ofmyself and possiblty even violating the rules, if proseletyzing is forbidden.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
they adhere to the values that were acceptable over a thousand years ago. Their life and teaching belongs on the same shelf as that of the flat-earthists, alchemists, astrologers and the platonists. The proposal to re-introduce their values to our contemporary morality is as ludicrous as suggesting the return of alchemy to modern chemistry. This is precisely the endeavor the religious zealots unabashedly embark upon when they try to convert people in a way described in the OP.

for the love of jesus's illegitimate japanese children, did you seriously loop flat-earthists together with alchemists and astrologers? and what are the "values" of alchemists and astrologers that you speak of?

you probably haven't the slightest idea what alchemy or astrology actually is.

i'd tell you to educate yourself, but you seem pretty smugly satisfied with the "education" you already have.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"Accepting Jesus Will Save Your Soul.."

Oom, would you be referring to YourLocalJesus? If so, I have faith that he will save my soul.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Middle ages is the product of Christian values.
Western culture is the product of the decline of the Christian values.
It is called the New Age.

The middle ages were the product of a completely twisted Christian faith hijacked by outside values.
Western culture is the product of a more revitalized Christian faith. I say 'more' because there's alot more reversal that has to take place before more progress can be made.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have to see it from his perspective, he meant well, he honestly thinks he's doing a good deed here.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. A few centuries ago, religious zealots thought that burning a sinner at the stake would save their soul.

I prefer being left alone over someone's "good intention" (i.e. deciding what is best for me).

Any sane person knows that a waitress works for money, not for religious brochures. That guy was either an asshole or/and a nutcase.

Mole

Permabanned
...did you seriously loop flat-earthists together with alchemists and astrologers? and what are the "values" of alchemists and astrologers that you speak of?

you probably haven't the slightest idea what alchemy or astrology actually is.

No astronomer in the entire world believes in astrology.

And no chemist in the entire world believes in alchemy.

And on geographer in the entire world believes in the flat earth.

Just as no psychometrician believes in MBTI.

Only the gullible and their manipulators believe in astrology, alchemy, the flat earth and MBTI.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trying to shove a doctrine down someone's throat is such a put off and only makes religious people look cocky and bad.

You know, I hear this phrase all the time, but have you actually seen anyone trying to SHOVE a doctrine down someone's throat? I know I haven't, though it does sound like it would make a pretty intense scene. The movie version might have the customer's two buddies hold her mouth open while he jams that pamphlet in her mouth, yelling "YOU WILL SUBMIT TO THE LORRRRRD!"

Seriously though, I'm glad there's guys like that around. It might have been just the message she needed to hear that day. And if not, well, life goes on. Different people have different approaches, and EVERYBODY has an agenda. The fact that any agenda that comes with a religious label is horrifying to some people has always puzzled me. If the dude had given her a pamphlet of car wash coupons, would there be a topic about it? Probably not, and even if there was, it wouldn't have brought Solitary or Victor out of their caves to pimp their agendas most likely.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Seriously though, I'm glad there's guys like that around. It might have been just the message she needed to hear that day. And if not, well, life goes on. Different people have different approaches, and EVERYBODY has an agenda. The fact that any agenda that comes with a religious label is horrifying to some people has always puzzled me. If the dude had given her a pamphlet of car wash coupons, would there be a topic about it? Probably not, and even if there was, it wouldn't have brought Solitary or Victor out of their caves to pimp their agendas most likely.

Sure. The next time I see some white supremacists passing out literature I'll just take that and thank them because I obviously I might need that message too.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
No astronomer in the entire world believes in astrology.

And no chemist in the entire world believes in alchemy.

the world might be a little bigger than you think, friend.

:coffee:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seriously though, I'm glad there's guys like that around. It might have been just the message she needed to hear that day. And if not, well, life goes on. Different people have different approaches, and EVERYBODY has an agenda. The fact that any agenda that comes with a religious label is horrifying to some people has always puzzled me. If the dude had given her a pamphlet of car wash coupons, would there be a topic about it?

Dude, if that waitress received car wash coupons for a tip instead of a religious brochure, EVERYBODY here would be calling that guy an asshole, not just some of us.

Mole

Permabanned
the world might be a little bigger than you think, friend.

OK, let's do a little reality testing here.

If you give me the name of an astronomer who believes in astrology and their phone number, I will ring them and confirm or disconfirm their belief.

And if you give me the name of a chemist who believes in alchemy and their phone number, I will ring them and confirm or disconfirm their belief.

We could of course continue our reality testing with geographers, paleontologists, biologists and psychometricians. But why don't we start with astronomers and chemists?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure. The next time I see some white supremacists passing out literature I'll just take that and thank them because I obviously I might need that message too.

That's certainly a better idea than getting all worked up about it. People have the free will and minds of their own to discern what messages are worth considering. If a person is a restaurant becomes belligerent or abusive in some way, there are procedures to deal with that, but otherwise what somebody says is like any other piece of information.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Did you miss the part about the tract being her tip? That's just lame. If he had also tipped her I would be agreeing with you.