User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And what a lovely soul it is.
    Aren't all of our souls lovely? I'd like to think they are all lovely in their own way.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Aren't all of our souls lovely? I'd like to think they are all lovely in their own way.
    Yes, like flowers in the garden.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Trying to shove a doctrine down someone's throat is such a put off and only makes religious people look cocky and bad.
    You know, I hear this phrase all the time, but have you actually seen anyone trying to SHOVE a doctrine down someone's throat? I know I haven't, though it does sound like it would make a pretty intense scene. The movie version might have the customer's two buddies hold her mouth open while he jams that pamphlet in her mouth, yelling "YOU WILL SUBMIT TO THE LORRRRRD!"

Seriously though, I'm glad there's guys like that around. It might have been just the message she needed to hear that day. And if not, well, life goes on. Different people have different approaches, and EVERYBODY has an agenda. The fact that any agenda that comes with a religious label is horrifying to some people has always puzzled me. If the dude had given her a pamphlet of car wash coupons, would there be a topic about it? Probably not, and even if there was, it wouldn't have brought Solitary or Victor out of their caves to pimp their agendas most likely.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Well, but he didn't give her a real tip.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post

Seriously though, I'm glad there's guys like that around. It might have been just the message she needed to hear that day. And if not, well, life goes on. Different people have different approaches, and EVERYBODY has an agenda. The fact that any agenda that comes with a religious label is horrifying to some people has always puzzled me. If the dude had given her a pamphlet of car wash coupons, would there be a topic about it? Probably not, and even if there was, it wouldn't have brought Solitary or Victor out of their caves to pimp their agendas most likely.
    Sure. The next time I see some white supremacists passing out literature I'll just take that and thank them because I obviously I might need that message too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No astronomer in the entire world believes in astrology.

And no chemist in the entire world believes in alchemy.
    the world might be a little bigger than you think, friend.

MBTI
    INTJ

Seriously though, I'm glad there's guys like that around. It might have been just the message she needed to hear that day. And if not, well, life goes on. Different people have different approaches, and EVERYBODY has an agenda. The fact that any agenda that comes with a religious label is horrifying to some people has always puzzled me. If the dude had given her a pamphlet of car wash coupons, would there be a topic about it?
    Dude, if that waitress received car wash coupons for a tip instead of a religious brochure, EVERYBODY here would be calling that guy an asshole, not just some of us.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    the world might be a little bigger than you think, friend.
    OK, let's do a little reality testing here.

If you give me the name of an astronomer who believes in astrology and their phone number, I will ring them and confirm or disconfirm their belief.

And if you give me the name of a chemist who believes in alchemy and their phone number, I will ring them and confirm or disconfirm their belief.

We could of course continue our reality testing with geographers, paleontologists, biologists and psychometricians. But why don't we start with astronomers and chemists?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Sure. The next time I see some white supremacists passing out literature I'll just take that and thank them because I obviously I might need that message too.
    That's certainly a better idea than getting all worked up about it. People have the free will and minds of their own to discern what messages are worth considering. If a person is a restaurant becomes belligerent or abusive in some way, there are procedures to deal with that, but otherwise what somebody says is like any other piece of information.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Did you miss the part about the tract being her tip? That's just lame. If he had also tipped her I would be agreeing with you.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii