First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, Jesus is the "son," not the impregnater. Mary also submitted to the Conception, according to scripture... although I guess one could make a case of unequal power (e.g., a teenage girl is hit on by the President and she succumbs, was it totally a free choice or was there exploitation occurring due to the power difference?)
    Some, such as Muslims and others do argue that. But it's different, as it does not involve one human crossing into another human's personal, sexual area (KJV: "nakedness"), but rather God, who sees and owns everything, simply bypassing the physical sexual space altogether and causing the reproduction process to begin inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I remember feeling the pressure to "witness" to other people when I was in a religion. When the premise is that you have the truth that will give you eternal life and those without it will have eternal death, then not witnessing is considered the ultimate selfishness. It always made me uncomfortable to do it and then the guilt would set in for not striking up conversations with random people. Every week in church various people will report how they witnessed to others and those who could do it randomly are respected for it by the other church members
    Exactly!
    [Bold]: including people here. So then, I could not even participate in any nonreligious forum without making a pest ofmyself and possiblty even violating the rules, if proseletyzing is forbidden.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    they adhere to the values that were acceptable over a thousand years ago. Their life and teaching belongs on the same shelf as that of the flat-earthists, alchemists, astrologers and the platonists. The proposal to re-introduce their values to our contemporary morality is as ludicrous as suggesting the return of alchemy to modern chemistry. This is precisely the endeavor the religious zealots unabashedly embark upon when they try to convert people in a way described in the OP.
    for the love of jesus's illegitimate japanese children, did you seriously loop flat-earthists together with alchemists and astrologers? and what are the "values" of alchemists and astrologers that you speak of?

you probably haven't the slightest idea what alchemy or astrology actually is.

i'd tell you to educate yourself, but you seem pretty smugly satisfied with the "education" you already have.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

"Accepting Jesus Will Save Your Soul.."

Oom, would you be referring to YourLocalJesus? If so, I have faith that he will save my soul.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Middle ages is the product of Christian values.
    Western culture is the product of the decline of the Christian values.
    It is called the New Age.
    The middle ages were the product of a completely twisted Christian faith hijacked by outside values.
    Western culture is the product of a more revitalized Christian faith. I say 'more' because there's alot more reversal that has to take place before more progress can be made.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    You have to see it from his perspective, he meant well, he honestly thinks he's doing a good deed here.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. A few centuries ago, religious zealots thought that burning a sinner at the stake would save their soul.

I prefer being left alone over someone's "good intention" (i.e. deciding what is best for me).

Any sane person knows that a waitress works for money, not for religious brochures. That guy was either an asshole or/and a nutcase.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    ...did you seriously loop flat-earthists together with alchemists and astrologers? and what are the "values" of alchemists and astrologers that you speak of?

you probably haven't the slightest idea what alchemy or astrology actually is.
    No astronomer in the entire world believes in astrology.

And no chemist in the entire world believes in alchemy.

And on geographer in the entire world believes in the flat earth.

Just as no psychometrician believes in MBTI.

Only the gullible and their manipulators believe in astrology, alchemy, the flat earth and MBTI.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Victor, will you save my soul if I give you a green slushy?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Victor, will you save my soul if I give you a green slushy?
    No worries, mate!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No worries, mate!
    I never worry!

I am One with my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I never worry!

I am One with my soul.
    And what a lovely soul it is.