User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 54

  1. #21
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I was going to say the same exact thing.
    A peaceful death as an ultimate goal? Would you choose a not so peaceful death if it were to give you 20 more years to live? Is having a peaceful death so important you would die right now to have a peaceful death?

  2. #22
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Why are you so shocked by my answer?

    Also, I answered the question literally. Please look up the definition for ultimate.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    A peaceful death as an ultimate goal? Would you choose a not so peaceful death if it were to give you 20 more years to live? Is having a peaceful death so important you would die right now to have a peaceful death?
    What's wrong with a peaceful death? It means you've come to terms with everything, that you really are peaceful for maybe once in your life. Perfect harmony with your soul. Worries vanished, your body relinquished.

    I would have to agree. A peaceful death would my ultimate goal in life. Serenity with all affairs and the ability to look over all of the flaws I see.

    Another very important goal that I will never attain is the destruction of the ego. It's a life long process but it is a goal because it is something we should all work on. It can be related to having a peaceful death, or maybe even means a peaceful death.

    And last but not least: True Love.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  4. #24
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    What's wrong with a peaceful death? It means you've come to terms with everything, that you really are peaceful for maybe once in your life. Perfect harmony with your soul. Worries vanished, your body relinquished.

    I would have to agree. A peaceful death would my ultimate goal in life. Serenity with all affairs and the ability to look over all of the flaws I see.

    Another very important goal that I will never attain is the destruction of the ego. It's a life long process but it is a goal because it is something we should all work on. It can be related to having a peaceful death, or maybe even means a peaceful death.

    And last but not least: True Love.
    There's nothing wrong with a peaceful death. It's just that we are talking about ULTIMATE GOALS, and I'm wondering if having a peaceful death is really that significant to you guys, we all die and once it's over I don't think I'll care much about how I died, but you see it differently I guess.

    You guys still ignored my hypothetical questions. By answering my questions you will give me a better understanding of exactly how important this goal is for you. Obviously answering no, and yes, in that order would convince me of your dedication to your ultimate goal.

  5. #25
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Usually I ignore coberst threads but I like the question regardless.

    My goal in life is to make a difference. Personally, nationally and internationally. It's a lifelong one, a journey rather than a destination as such.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  6. #26
    78% me Eruca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    941

    Default

    To be my definition of a good person.

    To become enlightened.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

  7. #27
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a peaceful death. It's just that we are talking about ULTIMATE GOALS, and I'm wondering if having a peaceful death is really that significant to you guys, we all die and once it's over I don't think I'll care much about how I died, but you see it differently I guess.

    You guys still ignored my hypothetical questions. By answering my questions you will give me a better understanding of exactly how important this goal is for you. Obviously answering no, and yes, in that order would convince me of your dedication to your ultimate goal.
    Don't be so dismissive of answers that are different from your own. From when I was a little girl, I always knew that I just wanted to live a life in peace and die in peace. I didn't have the easiest childhood. And I have seen so many loved ones suffer through debilitating illnesses and I've always known that when I start to deteriorate, I would pull a Hunter S. Thompson when I feel like I'm done. I want to live on my own terms and die on my own terms.

    I made a list of things I want to accomplish in my life by the time I'm 30. I scratched everything off that list by the time I was 27. I can honestly say that I have already accomplished everything I've ever wanted to do. I'm just coasting on auto pilot now, just gathering experiences and living life to the fullest. And it makes me happy. My only goal from this point forward is to avoid unnecessary suffering.

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    To be remembered for something great.

  9. #29
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    I'd like to climb all the major mountains (>2500) of the alps.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  10. #30
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    No regrets.

Similar Threads

  1. What is the best stratedgy? (in life/everything/love [pick one])
    By Zangetshumody in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
  2. What are your concrete goals in life?
    By Moiety in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:42 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJs - What is your goal/motivation in life?
    By Moiety in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM
  4. What is your primary motivation in life?
    By NewEra in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 11:15 PM
  5. [SJ] SJs, what is your goal in life?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO