User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Well they work that way for me. I feel a 'gut' reaction when they talk. Others claim to be able to see them and talk to them. I cannot vouch for that personally
    Interesting nonetheless. And whichever way people believe in it. It seems to be of good moral and value so people should keep doing what they do best. o/
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, I walk into my sister's house and try to grab her cats and they don't like it. I constantly complain that there is no point to live with an animal, especially one that doesn't like to be around people. Makes no sense. I've recently begun to have allergies to cats, actually. And when tomcats are mating in my backyard, it's a horrible horrible sound which I detest.

And of course I look at their eyes! Am I supposed to give obeisance to an animal, or even to another human? I think not...

And if I think about it, I was just typing in the Fe thread that I like people who sacrifice themselves for the greater good. A protect the pack mentality. More like dogs. Hmmm. You've given me something to think about.
    LOL, poor animals. No offense, but that's the same as you walking in and kissing me full on the mouth with ever having seen me to those animals. You just do not DO that!

Next time, avert your eyes, stay about half a meter away from them, slowely lift your arm and let them sniff your hand first. That's the polite way to go about it. When you do look at them, blink a lot. This interrupts the 'stare' and reassures them. You'll see them coming towards you and lifting up their tail (their version of 'hi'). Then it's ok to pet. Grabbing is done when you know each other better

Btw, this is true for most animals, most animals consider it very threathening (including humans!) to be stared at. And you really don't wanna do that with dogs either, especially dominant ones!

And I'm glad you find this interesting. Take a look at huskies..I'm betting those are your cup of tea..they're called the cats of the dog world. They're very people-oriented, live in packs and help each other, but are very independent and don't slavishly obey

Edit: In fact, I truly appreciate your curiosity and openmindedness, both of you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

LOL, poor animals. No offense, but that's the same as you walking in and kissing me full on the mouth with ever having seen me to those animals. You just do not DO that!
    I am the only one in my family that can pick up the cats, cuddle them all over, throw them in the air and catch them again. And invade their space at my own leisure for as long as I feel like it. They tolerate everything I do!

What do you make of that then?

I'm not joking in the slightest by the way, with everyone else they just escape and leave asap. Even though they treat the cats nice too.

edit: Just being curious. And I do like animals.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Btw, this is true for most animals, most animals consider it very threathening (including humans!) to be stared at. And you really don't wanna do that with dogs either, especially dominant ones!

And I'm glad you find this interesting. Take a look at huskies..I'm betting those are your cup of tea..they're called the cats of the dog world. They're very people-oriented, live in packs and help each other, but are very independent and don't slavishly obey
    I am not going to bother making an effort with those cats. One of them really does like me, but only if I ignore her, like you said. But I can't be bothered with waiting for some one or something to decide they like me. Either you do or you don't.

I know that many people see direct eye contact as threatening. Others take it as me being sexually provocative. I just need to see your pupils, I can't explain it. No dog has ever minded when I look in its eyes, even though I have been warned so many times not to do it. Whatever... I'll check out the huskies. Sounds interesting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am not going to bother making an effort with those cats. One of them really does like me, but only if I ignore her, like you said. But I can't be bothered with waiting for some one or something to decide they like me. Either you do or you don't.

I know that many people see direct eye contact as threatening. Others take it as me being sexually provocative. I just need to see your pupils, I can't explain it. No dog has ever minded when I look in its eyes, even though I have been warned so many times not to do it. Whatever... I'll check out the huskies. Sounds interesting.
    *gets a husky coat paint job*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    *gets a husky coat paint job*
    Hahaha, I read this as "gets a husky job", which led to all sorts of mental innuendos.

So, are huskies like wolves at all?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I am the only one in my family that can pick up the cats, cuddle them all over, throw them in the air and catch them again. And invade their space at my own leisure for as long as I feel like it. They tolerate everything I do!

What do you make of that then?

I'm not joking in the slightest by the way, with everyone else they just escape and leave asap. Even though they treat the cats nice too.

edit: Just being curious. And I do like animals.
    You have a good bond built up with them. You probably were a wee bit more patient, being an I, compaired to your E-sibling here *points at Jeno*

My guess is you never pushed their boundaries, hence they feel comfortable with you as they realized you will respect their wishes

Patience is a virtue. I have the same prob, I'm too eager sometimes with cats, but I've learned to read when I overstep their boundaries. Feel free to check pupils, but do it while blinking, and look away occasionally. You'll make everyone feel more comfortable doing so
    Oh, and good luck with your research.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hahaha, I read this as "gets a husky job", which led to all sorts of mental innuendos.

Well, huskies are not too distant cousins. But the closest dog to a wolf is a Czech Wolfdog . They are quite the handful though.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

They are one of the breeds closest to wolves still, though in no way really wild still. Their big brothers, Alaskan malamutes are about the same in character, from what I've read. Here's a site:

Alaskan Malamute Dog Breeders in Michigan, AKC puppies

The lay-out is crap, but the contents are gold. It'll teach you everything you want to know about these types of dogs. Just hope you like anecdotes and mushy stories
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

You have a good bond built up with them. You probably were a wee bit more patient, being an I, compaired to your E-sibling here *points at Jeno*
    Heeeey, I am as gentle as sandpaper! So cuddly...

Thanks for the link - I love having new things to learn about. Thank you immensely for that.