• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Animal Spirit Guides

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But Amar, if they don't actually speak to you, how do you know for certain what they are communicating?

It's different for everyone. Some are more prone to 'seeing' things in their mind, lessons that are taught. Others quite literally hear voices. Some talk to them in meditation. And others, like myself, just get inspired sometimes without realizing it at first. My fylgia, the one that shares my soul (in Norse lore) is a Black Cat. I grew up with cats and observed them for many hours. A lot of my movements, the way I respond to touch, even the cattiness I can display...people notice that this animal 'walks besides me'.

I have others that come into my life whenever necessary. The only reason I know this is because I suddenly notice their characteristics/their type of challenges to teach me popping up in my life again :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wolf may just teach you how to handle yourself in a pack though. Actually, Wolf is known to the Native American tradition as the 'Teacher'/'Mentor'. A wolf can take care of himself and has his alone time as well, but they do realize there's strength in numbers and work out a complex hierarchy system to make sure everyone benefits from being part of the pack. You'll find the animal quite useful if you spend some time researching how and why it operates the way it does. As for you helping yourself, I have no doubt this is true. I also have no doubt, considering your clearly strong attachement to this animal, it influences you more than you realize ;)

Yes well, that does seem dead on.

However, wether wolves existed or not. I would still believe those things to be important. So do they really influence me? Well, surely to some small extent, everything does, but I doubt they are key in shaping me. :D

But I do find this all fairly interesting.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why do cats hate me so much? :(

Probably because you enter their personal space the way you do. Cats...tend to want to do things on their own time, not be forced into anything, not be stared at. I imagine you have quite a confident step, and don't have a problem looking directly at them. You're being rude, in their eyes. Did you ever notice how the people who couldn't care less about cats, get mobbed by them? It's coz they don't make eye-contact, they don't try to get near the cat or draw its attention, leaving the ball pretty much in the cat's court. And cat's are incredibly curious...:devil:

Probably also doesn't help, if you do in fact have a dog-totem :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably also doesn't help, if you have a dog-totem :D

Cats and dogs are like this. !

We've had cats and dogs living together for as long as I can remember, and they cuddle and lick each other all over as if they're one and the same species! :p

Cats do tend to be jealous quickly though, I think that is why they may not like Jenocyde. ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes well, that does seem dead on.

However, wether wolves existed or not. I would still believe those things to be important. So do they really influence me? Well, surely to some small extent, everything does, but I doubt they are key in shaping me. :D

But I do find this all fairly interesting.

They're meant for guidance..not for controlling your life. Ultimately, you still decide your own fate ;)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Probably because you enter their personal space the way you do. Cats...tend to want to do things on their own time, not be forced into anything, not be stared at. I imagine you have quite a confident step, and don't have a problem looking directly at them. You're being rude, in their eyes. Did you ever notice how the people who couldn't care less about cats, get mobbed by them? It's coz they don't make eye-contact, they don't try to get near the cat or draw its attention, leaving the ball pretty much in the cat's court. And cat's are incredibly curious...:devil:

Probably also doesn't help, if you have a dog-totem :D

Yes, I walk into my sister's house and try to grab her cats and they don't like it. I constantly complain that there is no point to live with an animal, especially one that doesn't like to be around people. Makes no sense. I've recently begun to have allergies to cats, actually. And when tomcats are mating in my backyard, it's a horrible horrible sound which I detest.

And of course I look at their eyes! Am I supposed to give obeisance to an animal, or even to another human? I think not...

And if I think about it, I was just typing in the Fe thread that I like people who sacrifice themselves for the greater good. A protect the pack mentality. More like dogs. Hmmm. You've given me something to think about.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're meant for guidance..not for controlling your life. Ultimately, you still decide your own fate ;)

Fair enough!

So really it's not about spirits or anything of that sort, but purely about inspiration and how we tap in to that source of inspiration.

By the way, I'm sure you believe otherwise, I'm just forming an opinion myself. It doesn't strike me as supernatural. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cats and dogs are like this. !

We've had cats and dogs living together for as long as I can remember, and they cuddle and lick each other all over as if they're one and the same species! :p

Cats do tend to be jealous quickly though, I think that is why they may not like Jenocyde. ;)

If the communication barrier between the two species is in fact bridged and there is no rivalry, it is often not a problem. However, rivalry for food, attention, toys or territory will bring back the old disputes quickly.

Some cats are very much affection motivated, but it is in my experience mostly dogs that tend to get 'jealous' as they are pack animals. What is perceived as jealousy in cats is often the fact that they are uncomfortable that someone is passing through their personal space (aka, territorial animals). Cats don't do hierarchy but actually do a form of time-sharing. They have appointments as in 'In the morning I'm lying in that spot and in the afternoon, you get it after I'm long gone, so I don't have to see your face and we don't have to deal with each other'. This is especially true if they don't like each other much. Dogs...don't really respect those rules, hence cats can get annoyed at that :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fair enough!

So really it's not about spirits or anything of that sort, but purely about inspiration and how we tap in to that source of inspiration.

By the way, I'm sure you believe otherwise, I'm just forming an opinion myself. It doesn't strike me as supernatural. :)

Well they work that way for me. I feel a 'gut' reaction when they talk. Others claim to be able to see them and talk to them. I cannot vouch for that personally :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well they work that way for me. I feel a 'gut' reaction when they talk. Others claim to be able to see them and talk to them. I cannot vouch for that personally :D

Interesting nonetheless. And whichever way people believe in it. It seems to be of good moral and value so people should keep doing what they do best. o/

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I walk into my sister's house and try to grab her cats and they don't like it. I constantly complain that there is no point to live with an animal, especially one that doesn't like to be around people. Makes no sense. I've recently begun to have allergies to cats, actually. And when tomcats are mating in my backyard, it's a horrible horrible sound which I detest.

And of course I look at their eyes! Am I supposed to give obeisance to an animal, or even to another human? I think not...

And if I think about it, I was just typing in the Fe thread that I like people who sacrifice themselves for the greater good. A protect the pack mentality. More like dogs. Hmmm. You've given me something to think about.

LOL, poor animals. No offense, but that's the same as you walking in and kissing me full on the mouth with ever having seen me to those animals. You just do not DO that!

Next time, avert your eyes, stay about half a meter away from them, slowely lift your arm and let them sniff your hand first. That's the polite way to go about it. When you do look at them, blink a lot. This interrupts the 'stare' and reassures them. You'll see them coming towards you and lifting up their tail (their version of 'hi'). Then it's ok to pet. Grabbing is done when you know each other better ;)

Btw, this is true for most animals, most animals consider it very threathening (including humans!) to be stared at. And you really don't wanna do that with dogs either, especially dominant ones!

And I'm glad you find this interesting. Take a look at huskies..I'm betting those are your cup of tea..they're called the cats of the dog world. They're very people-oriented, live in packs and help each other, but are very independent and don't slavishly obey ;)

Edit: In fact, I truly appreciate your curiosity and openmindedness, both of you :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL, poor animals. No offense, but that's the same as you walking in and kissing me full on the mouth with ever having seen me to those animals. You just do not DO that!

I am the only one in my family that can pick up the cats, cuddle them all over, throw them in the air and catch them again. And invade their space at my own leisure for as long as I feel like it. They tolerate everything I do!

What do you make of that then?

I'm not joking in the slightest by the way, with everyone else they just escape and leave asap. Even though they treat the cats nice too. :D

edit: Just being curious. :D And I do like animals.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Btw, this is true for most animals, most animals consider it very threathening (including humans!) to be stared at. And you really don't wanna do that with dogs either, especially dominant ones!

And I'm glad you find this interesting. Take a look at huskies..I'm betting those are your cup of tea..they're called the cats of the dog world. They're very people-oriented, live in packs and help each other, but are very independent and don't slavishly obey ;)

I am not going to bother making an effort with those cats. One of them really does like me, but only if I ignore her, like you said. But I can't be bothered with waiting for some one or something to decide they like me. Either you do or you don't.

I know that many people see direct eye contact as threatening. Others take it as me being sexually provocative. I just need to see your pupils, I can't explain it. No dog has ever minded when I look in its eyes, even though I have been warned so many times not to do it. Whatever... I'll check out the huskies. Sounds interesting.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not going to bother making an effort with those cats. One of them really does like me, but only if I ignore her, like you said. But I can't be bothered with waiting for some one or something to decide they like me. Either you do or you don't.

I know that many people see direct eye contact as threatening. Others take it as me being sexually provocative. I just need to see your pupils, I can't explain it. No dog has ever minded when I look in its eyes, even though I have been warned so many times not to do it. Whatever... I'll check out the huskies. Sounds interesting.

*gets a husky coat paint job*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am the only one in my family that can pick up the cats, cuddle them all over, throw them in the air and catch them again. And invade their space at my own leisure for as long as I feel like it. They tolerate everything I do!

What do you make of that then?

I'm not joking in the slightest by the way, with everyone else they just escape and leave asap. Even though they treat the cats nice too. :D

edit: Just being curious. :D And I do like animals.

You have a good bond built up with them. You probably were a wee bit more patient, being an I, compaired to your E-sibling here *points at Jeno*

My guess is you never pushed their boundaries, hence they feel comfortable with you as they realized you will respect their wishes ;)

Patience is a virtue. I have the same prob, I'm too eager sometimes with cats, but I've learned to read when I overstep their boundaries. Feel free to check pupils, but do it while blinking, and look away occasionally. You'll make everyone feel more comfortable doing so ;)
Oh, and good luck with your research.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahaha, I read this as "gets a husky job", which led to all sorts of mental innuendos. :rofl1:

So, are huskies like wolves at all?

Well, huskies are not too distant cousins. But the closest dog to a wolf is a Czech Wolfdog :wubbie:. They are quite the handful though. :yes:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha, I read this as "gets a husky job", which led to all sorts of mental innuendos. :rofl1:

So, are huskies like wolves at all?

They are one of the breeds closest to wolves still, though in no way really wild still. Their big brothers, Alaskan malamutes are about the same in character, from what I've read. Here's a site:

Alaskan Malamute Dog Breeders in Michigan, AKC puppies

The lay-out is crap, but the contents are gold. It'll teach you everything you want to know about these types of dogs. Just hope you like anecdotes and mushy stories :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You have a good bond built up with them. You probably were a wee bit more patient, being an I, compaired to your E-sibling here *points at Jeno*

Heeeey, I am as gentle as sandpaper! So cuddly... :whistling:

Thanks for the link - I love having new things to learn about. Thank you immensely for that. :hug: