User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Find the animal that's always fascinated you and constantly resurfaces in your life. The one you identify with. Whose images you collect or shows you follow in tvl. The one you can learn a lot from. Take a shamanic journey through visualisation or retreat to nature for meditation and contact with the local wild-life basically (also known as a vision quest). The one that haunts you time and again, is yours
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't identify with any animals and none of them follow me around. Does this mean that I have no spirit guide? Like I said, dogs generally like me, but they seem to like everyone.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

For some it takes longer, yes. It is believed that everyone has a spirit guide by most traditions. According to Norse lore, it's part of your soul, and Native Americans, if I remember correctly, believe you to have several totems throughout life and at least one that will stay with you during your entire lifetime. Not being aware of them doesn't mean you don't have one

But I wouldn't dismiss dogs so quickly if I were you...I've often found that ENTPs remind me of those dogs they use for hunting game. Beagles, golden labs, sometimes even huskies tend to be dogs that often pop in my mind when talking to ENTPs..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Animals tend to be attracted to me. Dogs and cats tend to seek me out and proceed to constantly cuddle even though they don't show the same behaviour to other people, and I don't noticably treat them differently.

It's kind of cute.

I do identify myself sometimes with a wolf. I really like wolves. They're definatly my most favorite animal.

No idea what spirit guides are by the way. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Well I like tigers and falcons. But I don't know any tigers or falcons

Jeno I may have to talk to your Shaman friend about a journey.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Spirit guides are those spirits that help us through daily life, that inspire you and teach you those things you need to walk your path in life. They can be guardian angels, ancestors, deceased familiars (= looks like a pet, but is more than that and helped you out in your life when still alive as well), animal spirits (= ethereal animal spirit with a specific name), power animals (= the archetype of an animal species for example 'Bear' instead of kolya the Bear), geometric shapes, etc etc.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Spirit guides are those spirits that help us through daily life, that inspire you and teach you those things you need to walk your path in life. They can be guardian angels, ancestors, deceased familiars (= looks like a pet, but is more than that and helped you out in your life when still alive as well), animal spirits (= ethereal animal spirit with a specific name), power animals (= the archetype of an animal species for example 'Bear' instead of kolya the Bear), geometric shapes, etc etc.
    Well, the reason I like wolves is because of their social behaviour in packs. It's something I see, not something I feel. They're intelligent, honest and fair.

Many things inspire me, not just animals.

And I help myself through daily life much more than anything else in life.

*shrugs*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Jeno I may have to talk to your Shaman friend about a journey.
    I think he may be in Chicago, but if he's in town, I'll ask him to swing by on Sunday... (incidentally, we will be in the same park where I actually met him many years ago... trip out.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

But Amar, if they don't actually speak to you, how do you know for certain what they are communicating?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wolf may just teach you how to handle yourself in a pack though. Actually, Wolf is known to the Native American tradition as the 'Teacher'/'Mentor'. A wolf can take care of himself and has his alone time as well, but they do realize there's strength in numbers and work out a complex hierarchy system to make sure everyone benefits from being part of the pack. You'll find the animal quite useful if you spend some time researching how and why it operates the way it does. As for you helping yourself, I have no doubt this is true. I also have no doubt, considering your clearly strong attachement to this animal, it influences you more than you realize
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★