User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Lightbulb Balanced masculine and feminine energies

ENTP's and INFJ's are balanced sexually. However, INFJ's possess a characteristic orientation toward feminine energy while ENTP's possess a characteristic orientation toward masculine energy; each while remaining balanced.

INFJ Female: INFJ females are very feminine, more traditionally feminine than other types. But, they also possess a penetrating masculine intellect. (Tertiary Ti?)

INFJ Male: INFJ males sometimes seem to possess a soft feminine energy in the way they approach people, but in other respects are very strong and masculine.

ENTP Male: ENTP males seem to possess a masculine mode of thought and can seem extra masculine, but are also strangely vulnerable and feminine in some respects.

ENTP Female: ENTP females possess a masculine energy in the way they are direct and assertive, but they share this same vulnerability.

Out of the four types, I think the INFJ male and the ENTP female have the most difficult time in that their primary energy runs counter to the traditional roles of the sexes. The female being the passive receiver and softer, while the male is the more assertive element. Since ENTP women are more assertive, this can be off-putting to some men. Similarly with INFJ men, as they tend to take a more passive role.

Your thoughts?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think i disagree with ya.

but...i only know two infjs
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

violaine

I will just say though I am very careful to ascertain the gender of a TypeC member, I do notice the ENTP women are regularly mistaken for male posters and some of the INFJ/INFP men are taken for female posters.

As for me, I don't think I am more traditionally feminine than females of other types. I look very feminine but my interests have never been typically super 'girly'. Which, for these purposes, I define as what most of the other girls/women I associate with are very interested in - e.g. gossip magazines, John and Kate Plus 8, their jewelry (jewelry design would be completely different), getting upset that someone texts them as an RSVP rather than calling - gah! It's a very weird, fluffy and avaricious mindset many of them have. Boring!

Still, I am definitely no tomboy. I always admired strong, nurturing women and dark romantics or what I built them up to be in my mind so I guess I wanted to pattern myself after those ideals. Maybe it's just that I don't identify strongly with the femininity I perceive is expressed by the majority of women I associate with. Most of my friends are male and I seem to get along best with women who are like me.

Hmm, perhaps the way male and female INFJs are perceived is due to possessing the same traits though - typically INFJs have an intellectual bent and great depth of feeling. So the intellectual bent may push INFJ women closer to perceived masculinity if masculinity and femininity sit on an opposing scale. And an INFJ man's sensitivity brings them closer to the middle of the scale too.

A discussion of traditional masculinity and femininity would be interesting if I had more time!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Very true Syn and San. I had to put "female entp" in my bio because I had so many chicks pm'ing me romantically.

It's true that I have a very assertive (aggressive?) energy that is thought of as traditionally masculine, but I am quite gooey (feminine??) with those in my inner circle. So much that it throws people off guard sometimes.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I agree! Based on the people I know. we discussed this shortly in the other topic.

I'm physically drawn to feminine aspects of a person, at least initially. And INFJ's have been in my spotlights for as long as I can remember.

Not that I don't respect or like an assertive or strong woman that speaks my language. But I think such relationships would need to grow over time. Whereas with INFJ's I get this headstart. Like a form of 'chemistry'.

Also, why are you getting all the romance PM's and I don't, Jenocyde? *grumble*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

Also, why are you getting all the romance PM's and I don't, Jenocyde? *grumble*
    because I'm a bad ass, obviously!

I've gotten some from guys too, but none as direct as from the ladies... funny, right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Not that I don't respect or like an assertive or strong woman that speaks my language. But I think such relationships would need to grow over time. Whereas with INFJ's I get this headstart. Like a form of 'chemistry'.
    hmmm, maybe this is why your relationships haven't worked out??? just an Ne thought, not a firm theory...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Funny. Yes.

*checks PM box*

It must be because I'm overseas! Yes, that's why!

And maybe Jenocyde. Doesn't take away that I am still interested in F's in general. It just doesn't seem to last.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

And maybe Jenocyde. Doesn't take away that I am still interested in F's in general. It just doesn't seem to last.
    Yes, but what I mean is that I am attracted to STP men at first glance and I usually pursue them (or vice versa) but I am more attracted to INTs in the long run.

Now, this is not to say that all STP men are the same, or that they are all wrong for me, just that I noticed a pattern of attraction that leads me to overlook the ones that I may have better long term luck with.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, but what I mean is that I am attracted to STP men at first glance and I usually pursue them (or vice versa) but I am more attracted to INTs in the long run.

Now, this is not to say that all STP men are the same, or that they are all wrong for me, just that I noticed a pattern of attraction that leads me to overlook the ones that I may have better long term luck with.
    i am a victim of women like you overlooking me for that other bastard that comes off so STP-ish. That's why i dress with more flashier clothes before attending social functions that my intuition tells me women like you will also be attending Problem is, women in general are intuitive as well. They're usually on to me and my tricky shananigans that attempt to tease the senses. Thus, i end up hangin around STx chicks because they draw me in due to not being so intuitive and keen to my strategy.

A little too much information there^ Oops
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?