• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Balanced masculine and feminine energies

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP's and INFJ's are balanced sexually. However, INFJ's possess a characteristic orientation toward feminine energy while ENTP's possess a characteristic orientation toward masculine energy; each while remaining balanced.

INFJ Female: INFJ females are very feminine, more traditionally feminine than other types. But, they also possess a penetrating masculine intellect. (Tertiary Ti?)

INFJ Male: INFJ males sometimes seem to possess a soft feminine energy in the way they approach people, but in other respects are very strong and masculine.

ENTP Male: ENTP males seem to possess a masculine mode of thought and can seem extra masculine, but are also strangely vulnerable and feminine in some respects.

ENTP Female: ENTP females possess a masculine energy in the way they are direct and assertive, but they share this same vulnerability.

Out of the four types, I think the INFJ male and the ENTP female have the most difficult time in that their primary energy runs counter to the traditional roles of the sexes. The female being the passive receiver and softer, while the male is the more assertive element. Since ENTP women are more assertive, this can be off-putting to some men. Similarly with INFJ men, as they tend to take a more passive role.

Your thoughts?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i disagree with ya. :)

but...i only know two infjs

V

violaine

I will just say though I am very careful to ascertain the gender of a TypeC member, I do notice the ENTP women are regularly mistaken for male posters and some of the INFJ/INFP men are taken for female posters.

As for me, I don't think I am more traditionally feminine than females of other types. I look very feminine but my interests have never been typically super 'girly'. Which, for these purposes, I define as what most of the other girls/women I associate with are very interested in - e.g. gossip magazines, John and Kate Plus 8, their jewelry (jewelry design would be completely different), getting upset that someone texts them as an RSVP rather than calling - gah! It's a very weird, fluffy and avaricious mindset many of them have. Boring!

Still, I am definitely no tomboy. I always admired strong, nurturing women and dark romantics or what I built them up to be in my mind so I guess I wanted to pattern myself after those ideals. Maybe it's just that I don't identify strongly with the femininity I perceive is expressed by the majority of women I associate with. Most of my friends are male and I seem to get along best with women who are like me.

Hmm, perhaps the way male and female INFJs are perceived is due to possessing the same traits though - typically INFJs have an intellectual bent and great depth of feeling. So the intellectual bent may push INFJ women closer to perceived masculinity if masculinity and femininity sit on an opposing scale. And an INFJ man's sensitivity brings them closer to the middle of the scale too.

A discussion of traditional masculinity and femininity would be interesting if I had more time!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Very true Syn and San. I had to put "female entp" in my bio because I had so many chicks pm'ing me romantically.

It's true that I have a very assertive (aggressive?) energy that is thought of as traditionally masculine, but I am quite gooey (feminine??) with those in my inner circle. So much that it throws people off guard sometimes.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree! Based on the people I know. we discussed this shortly in the other topic.

I'm physically drawn to feminine aspects of a person, at least initially. And INFJ's have been in my spotlights for as long as I can remember.

Not that I don't respect or like an assertive or strong woman that speaks my language. But I think such relationships would need to grow over time. Whereas with INFJ's I get this headstart. Like a form of 'chemistry'.

Also, why are you getting all the romance PM's and I don't, Jenocyde? *grumble*

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Also, why are you getting all the romance PM's and I don't, Jenocyde? *grumble*

because I'm a bad ass, obviously! :cool:

I've gotten some from guys too, but none as direct as from the ladies... funny, right?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not that I don't respect or like an assertive or strong woman that speaks my language. But I think such relationships would need to grow over time. Whereas with INFJ's I get this headstart. Like a form of 'chemistry'.

hmmm, maybe this is why your relationships haven't worked out??? just an Ne thought, not a firm theory...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny. Yes.

*checks PM box*

It must be because I'm overseas! :yes: Yes, that's why!

And maybe Jenocyde. Doesn't take away that I am still interested in F's in general. It just doesn't seem to last. :)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
And maybe Jenocyde. Doesn't take away that I am still interested in F's in general. It just doesn't seem to last. :)

Yes, but what I mean is that I am attracted to STP men at first glance and I usually pursue them (or vice versa) but I am more attracted to INTs in the long run.

Now, this is not to say that all STP men are the same, or that they are all wrong for me, just that I noticed a pattern of attraction that leads me to overlook the ones that I may have better long term luck with.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Yes, but what I mean is that I am attracted to STP men at first glance and I usually pursue them (or vice versa) but I am more attracted to INTs in the long run.

Now, this is not to say that all STP men are the same, or that they are all wrong for me, just that I noticed a pattern of attraction that leads me to overlook the ones that I may have better long term luck with.

i am a victim of women like you overlooking me for that other bastard that comes off so STP-ish. That's why i dress with more flashier clothes before attending social functions that my intuition tells me women like you will also be attending:) Problem is, women in general are intuitive as well. They're usually on to me and my tricky shananigans that attempt to tease the senses. Thus, i end up hangin around STx chicks because they draw me in due to not being so intuitive and keen to my strategy.

A little too much information there^ Oops:)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i am a victim of women like you overlooking me for that other bastard that comes off so STP-ish. That's why i dress with more flashier clothes before attending social functions that my intuition tells me women like you will also be attending:) Problem is, women in general are intuitive as well. They're usually on to me and my tricky shananigans that attempt to tease the senses. Thus, i end up hangin around STx chicks because they draw me in due to not being so intuitive and keen to my strategy.

A little too much information there^ Oops:)

I can only imagine that we are "on to you" due to your choice of flashy clothing. Please, please post pics. Pleeeease.

(although it is comforting to know that I am actually someone's type :wubbie:)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Naw, I think the generalisations are too much. Not fitting in with society’s norms is one thing but masculine/feminine energy doesn’t really fit from my experience, if anything I’d say Male NFs and female NTs are neutral more than masculine or feminine.

I don’t consider myself masculine in actions, even when I'm assertive it's not in a masculine manner. The types just don't fit with traditional expectations of behaviour according to their gender. Plue the INFJ woman I know is not feminine at all in the sense of being soft and/or passive.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
CREATIVITY OCCURS AT THE FRINGES OF SOCIETY
because it is in the intersticial and/or external spaces that new consciousness is formed.

so, people with a more "intuitive" bent (according to typc-talk) are more likely to see through/around things and perceive the ways society and culture ingrains us with traditional ideals - including ones that involve structured aspects of what is the feminine or masculine. these insights allows greater cognitive and emotional freedom to explore new perspectives and accept ones that may not be in sync with what others deem as acceptable expressions of sexuality. this really applies to almost all creative+intelligent+self-sufficient,etc individuals who explore the myriad facets of character and self-expression.

it's easy to fall prey into these generalizations because people use representative heuristics (mental shortcuts whereby people classify themselves and others according to how similar it is to a 'typical' concept) far more than they use base rate information, which would be quite impossible to calculate in regards to self-perception, since a person cannot be completely objective. so if i were to say "as a ____ you are this and this" and you are able to easily recall a few instances where you did behave in this manner, you are likely to agree with me instead of going beyond the representative heuristic, because we have aligned ourselves now to a new self-schema. blah blah blah i can go on but i'm just rambling now

basically, pioneers of change and individualists are more likely to be multi-faceted in many areas, including sexual identity

oh and "penetrating masculine intellect"? "strangely vulnerable"? :thumbdown: those phrases demonstrate severe biases

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Naw, I think the generalisations are too much. Not fitting in with society’s norms is one thing but masculine/feminine energy doesn’t really fit from my experience, if anything I’d say Male NFs and female NTs are neutral more than masculine or feminine.

oh, just read this. yea. basically this. +1

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that what you tagged as applying to ENTPs deals with all EXTX people and what you tagged as applying to INFJ applies to all IXFX people.

Or rather to just T's in general and F's in general.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP's and INFJ's are balanced sexually. However, INFJ's possess a characteristic orientation toward feminine energy while ENTP's possess a characteristic orientation toward masculine energy; each while remaining balanced.

INFJ Female: INFJ females are very feminine, more traditionally feminine than other types. But, they also possess a penetrating masculine intellect. (Tertiary Ti?)

INFJ Male: INFJ males sometimes seem to possess a soft feminine energy in the way they approach people, but in other respects are very strong and masculine.

ENTP Male: ENTP males seem to possess a masculine mode of thought and can seem extra masculine, but are also strangely vulnerable and feminine in some respects.

ENTP Female: ENTP females possess a masculine energy in the way they are direct and assertive, but they share this same vulnerability.

Out of the four types, I think the INFJ male and the ENTP female have the most difficult time in that their primary energy runs counter to the traditional roles of the sexes. The female being the passive receiver and softer, while the male is the more assertive element. Since ENTP women are more assertive, this can be off-putting to some men. Similarly with INFJ men, as they tend to take a more passive role.

Your thoughts?

Do you have a source for this information? Just wondering. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don’t consider myself masculine in actions, even when I'm assertive it's not in a masculine manner. The types just don't fit with traditional expectations of behaviour according to their gender. Plue the INFJ woman I know is not feminine at all in the sense of being soft and/or passive.

yeah the infjs i know are feminine but certainly no more than most women i know and certainly less than some.

i just really don't think masculinity/femininity is type related.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I hate masculine woman thats why I try hard to be an asshole for the woman :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm far from masculine but in writing I tend to get confusion about my gender, especially with my old avatar.