User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 56 of 56

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    ok well i guess the best intro to this is the documentary "the obama deception" by alex jones. youtube or google video that shit.

    and yes, i know, alex jones is a fear monger in many ways but that doesnt mean what he says isnt true. i dont believe in fear mongering but i also dont believe in keeping the veil over our eyes so i can only hope to plant the seed of inquiry.

    this doc is probably the most 'mainstream' of things i can throw your way.
    You're completely derailing an unrelated post into your obsession with an insane Obama-working-for-Europe conspiracy theory.

    I seriously think you might need help, or you just think this is all reeaaaallly funny.

    Either way, snap out of it. The stuff you say belongs in the Fluff Zone.

  2. #52
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    He is a conspiracy theorist. I might watch your video if I get around to it. Just for kicks.
    get over that label of "conspiracy theorist" and just watch the documentary. try (if it is possible for you) to be objective.

    in fact,

    i DARE you to be objective

  3. #53
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    get over that label of "conspiracy theorist" and just watch the documentary. try (if it is possible for you) to be objective.

    in fact,

    i DARE you to be objective
    Oh, I can be objective, but I'm afraid you seem to have a horrible, paranoid view of the world. In fact, I would like to direct you to the post above me, because he stated so well what I would like to tell you.

    [/end off-topic discussion]

  4. #54
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I seriously think you might need help, or you just think this is all reeaaaallly funny.
    youre right. lets stick to the issue at hand... christian prophecy and global warming coinciding, yes?

    YYYAAAAAAWWWWNNN

    and yes im way over talking about obama.

    you people just keep replying.

    much love to you

  5. #55
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Accepting scientific theories about climate change doesn't qualify as a "religion."

    Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Anyone who thinks so is very much oversimplifying things.

    However, in the same breath that I say that,it's also good to remember that much of what makes up science are actually theories and not facts.

    I am not doing this because I want to be mean towards you but how can you be so sure that you are not the one that is "oversimplifing" things?

  6. #56
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If one assumes that Biblical prophecy is true, then it is perfectly reasonable to read recent events into it.
    Nevertheless, that leads one into very dangerous waters; especially when regarding prophecies concerning the End Times. This involves, among other things, disregarding the more allegorical elements involved in such texts.

    While by terms of scientific logic contemporary events could not be "predicted" by the Bible, there is absolutely no reason to dismiss the possibility that someone who was actually conveying signs from God could see that far into the future. There's lots of stuff in the Bible about how thousands of years are a blink of an eye for God.
    Christ himself stated that only God the Father knows when such events will actually occur. So either way, you're misreading scriptures here.

Similar Threads

  1. Global Warming, CO2 and CFCs
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 02:09 AM
  2. Fe and global warming
    By entropie in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 05:16 AM
  3. The so-called Mini-Ice age and "Global Warming"
    By heart in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
  4. Hypothetical and vague solution to global warming/energy crisis
    By Evan in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
  5. Global Warming, Man made or Naturally caused (And other earth questions)
    By Didums in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO