User Tag List

First 3456 Last

your resident asshole

Conspiracy theorism much?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    i just want to know why the ... reputable scientists who speak out against global warming are blacked out by the mainstream media.

Yes, this is disturbing. I am not a Christian Conservative either. I am a liberal.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Conspiracy theorism much?
    its easy to label things as a "conspiracy theory" if one is too lazy to do research and is too comfortable with the paradigm they have accepted as truth.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think global warming's pretty cut and dried. Examine the state of things (observable by anyone); determine as best as we can if there is anything to do to stop it; then take steps to be prudent. It's all observable, all tangible, all sensible... I don't need to reference a book to tell me to call the fire company to put out my burning house, and especially if the book might tell me that my house really isn't on fire at all. It's more prudent to actually smell for smoke, feel for heat, look for flames.
    Global warming is, at best, supported by a (currently declining but still existant) preponderance of evidence-that's hardly "cut and dried". What makes Global warming activism a "secular religion" is the monomaniacal preoccupation and intolerance of dissent that has characterized the movement, as well as the apparent inability of activists to apply even rudimentary cost-benifit analysis to the radical proposals (such as the Kyoto protocool) intended to address the potential problem.

your resident asshole

its easy to label things as a "conspiracy theory" if one is too lazy to do research and is too comfortable with the paradigm they have accepted as truth.
    I seriously doubt that Obama is working for Europe.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What your friend claims runs completely contradictory to the Bible. Your friend really should read scripture more often before claiming that we have no need to care for the earth. Jesus also taught a message of love. It boggles my mind how many "Christians" have utterly forgotten that.
    He didn't actually state in so many words that we don't need to care for the earth, but that's the general sentiment. The thing that I don't get? He picks up his campsites, leaves things looking better than when he arrived, refuses to litter, etc. For some reason, he just has a thing about not wanting to get "controlled" by the "godless society" around him, and apparently it only applies in certain areas. I don't know... I could respect his opinion a lot more if he'd looked at both sides clearly and decided he didn't believe in human-caused global warming based on his own research. For some reason, it seems like he just swallows whatever line he's fed: don't drink, don't smoke, don't litter, don't believe in global warming. Amen. (But of course, as mentioned, I know all Christians are not similar.)
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    STFU

I seriously doubt that Obama is working for Europe.
    research, sweetheart

your resident asshole

research, sweetheart
    Show me your sources, hon.

MBTI
    STFU

Show me your sources, hon.
    ok well i guess the best intro to this is the documentary "the obama deception" by alex jones. youtube or google video that shit.

and yes, i know, alex jones is a fear monger in many ways but that doesnt mean what he says isnt true. i dont believe in fear mongering but i also dont believe in keeping the veil over our eyes so i can only hope to plant the seed of inquiry.

this doc is probably the most 'mainstream' of things i can throw your way.

your resident asshole

ok well i guess the best intro to this is the documentary "the obama deception" by alex jones. youtube or google video that shit.

and yes, i know, alex jones is a fear monger in many ways but that doesnt mean what he says isnt true. i dont believe in fear mongering but i also dont believe in keeping the veil over our eyes so i can only hope to plant the seed of inquiry.

this doc is probably the most 'mainstream' of things i can throw your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Alex Jones - Known for Advocacy of: conspiracy theories, including NWO theories; anti-globalism; national sovereignty
    He is a conspiracy theorist. I might watch your video if I get around to it. Just for kicks.