• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feeling is First

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I appreciate the perspective of some of the stronger "Feeling" types here. You are a blessing. You are an example to me.

I am starting to see that the way we envision Thinking vs. Feeling types is pretty useless. It creates an unnecessary and false division. It separates us from one another.

The Thinking / Feeling dichotomy seems more properly conceptualized as people orientation vs. self orientation. The T's seem to be individualists, often, and the F's to be communitarians. Both attitudes demand moderation when expressed in the extreme. We benefit from one another. We are stronger together.

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the strength it takes to truly care for those around us. The sacrifice required in loving. Anyone can shrink from contact with the human world around us. It takes real strength to go forth into the world knowing that your love will make you take on the pain and concerns of others. Burdens that demand relief. Burdens that demand taking on a bit of the burden into yourself.

Feeling is what also makes us uniquely human. The idea of a human being without Feeling is an abortion; a tragedy. We are beings who hurt, who love, who identify, who relate, who mourn, who laugh.

Without feeling, there are no interests to stimulate our logical minds. We would not care. Without feeling, we simply cannot engage the world of people and ideas and things around us. A life without feeling is as cold and empty as death.

To those of you who lead with your heart, you have my respect and admiration.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Synarch,

I think that is the longest post of yours I have ever read! :shock:

I myself was paralyzed by my feelings (or actually my complete detachment from them) for a good part of the last year. It's odd because I was totally capable of taking on pain for others and trying to be helpful and kind, but I was totally incapable of recognizing my feelings for what they were and letting them guide me to resolve issues in my life.

Your point that feelings are what ignite the intellectual side of our minds to discover new things is astute; I like how you conceptualized that.

Bless those who lead with their heart, indeed.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
:blush: This was really nice.

Thank you - and having it worded so clearly is a bonus.

:blush: Thanks for this post!

No. Thank YOU.

Synarch,

I think that is the longest post of yours I have ever read! :shock:

I myself was paralyzed by my feelings (or actually my complete detachment from them) for a good part of the last year. It's odd because I was totally capable of taking on pain for others and trying to be helpful and kind, but I was totally incapable of recognizing my feelings for what they were and letting them guide me to resolve issues in my life.

Your point that feelings are what ignite the intellectual side of our minds to discover new things is astute; I like how you conceptualized that.

Bless those who lead with their heart, indeed.

Why were you incapable of recognizing your own feelings? (I have been dealing with this a bit as well.)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why did three people just write thank you? You are talking about the feelings that we all have, is that not right? If that is right, then I think they may have misunderstood what you were talking about - i.e you weren't talking about Jungian functions.

I was talking about the lack of appreciation between types. If you're looking for someone to provide you with a coherent discussion of Jungian functions, I am not that person.

F

FigerPuppet

I was talking about the lack of appreciation between types. If you're looking for someone to provide you with a coherent discussion of Jungian functions, I am not that person.

Yeah, I'm going to bed now.

It's just that you make it sound like (to my tired eyes) Ts don't appreciate feelings, which is far from true.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's just that you make it sound like (to my tired eyes) Ts don't appreciate feelings, which is far from true.

I think it's that many T's do not appreciate Feelers. Though I think INTJ's are more mature than most other T's in this respect.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, my ass is taken care of. Thanks for the concern.

I am concerned for your ass. Because when you act out to get attention I want to make sure you get the attention you desperately need. So, if you or your ass need more attention, just let me know. I am sure we can design a situation unique to your specific ass needs.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When do I act out to get attention? That sounds like an extrovert's bag.

But this is not about me. Do proceed.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But this is not about me. Do proceed.

You made it about you, though. Don't you see that? Do you think you can just suggest ass kissing and expect no one to notice? Not that I take it personally, but I do see it for what it is. A joke. That is why I return to you what you want, which is for your words to have an effect.