• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feeling is First

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I expect them to notice the ass kissing while the benevolent commenter returns to sidelines and cedes the floor to the talented kisser.

I just assume all INTP's secretly want to have ENTP powers. :)

It seems you're even more astray than I suspected.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
(_|_) + :smooch:-ing all around.

You haven't noticed this? He pulls this horseshit like once every month or so, buttering up the feelers as best as he can. That way the probability of sticking his sleezy italian sausage into any arbitrary, clueless F pussy is maximized! He's pretty smart.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You haven't noticed this? He pulls this horseshit like once every month or so, buttering up the feelers as best as he can. That way the probability of sticking his sleezy italian sausage into any arbitrary, clueless F is maximized! He's pretty smart.

Well, yes, but this time it was a twofer. He did, after all, in conversing with an intj suggest that INTJs are more mature than most Ts. The combination was too much.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Our feeling is what initially motivates us (even over and over again). Not our thinking. Example: What motivates one to get their ass out the door to train for something even dinky like a 5K? Feeling. When that person works up to a half marathon, then the science of it all kicks in. And, lets say, that person has a let down. What motivates them to bring themself to another level or at least to the point they were before their let down? Feeling. Then, somewhere in there, that person does take themself to another level. What motivated that? Feeling. Assume after all that, that same person either burns out or takes a hiatus. What calls that person back to the street to huff and puff yet again? With this example, thinking does make one a better runner where feeling doesn't, in that thinking is used to calculate breathing, schedule, proper shoe, repeat distance, anything coached....and i venture to say...the physical pain involved, believe it or not. However, it's feeling that gets the ass out the door:)

synarch....are you having a midlife crisis man?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You haven't noticed this? He pulls this horseshit like once every month or so, buttering up the feelers as best as he can. That way the probability of sticking his sleezy italian sausage into any arbitrary, clueless F pussy is maximized! He's pretty smart.

That is called projection.

I would have to be not only intelligent and strategic, but also a damn inspired liar. In your favor, though, I do want to be loved, which does require that I love others.

Good call. INTPs don't know sarcasm. ;)

:yes:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, yes, but this time it was a twofer. He did, after all, in conversing with an intj suggest that INTJs are more mature than most Ts. The combination was too much.

In my experience, INTJ's are the most solid, mature and well-developed NT's.

Our feeling is what initially motivates us (even over and over again). Not our thinking. Example: What motivates one to get their ass out the door to train for something even dinky like a 5K? Feeling. When that person works up to a half marathon, then the science of it all kicks in. And, lets say, that person has a let down. What motivates them to bring themself to another level or at least to the point they were before their let down? Feeling. Then, somewhere in there, that person does take themself to another level. What motivated that? Feeling. Assume after all that, that same person either burns out or takes a hiatus. What calls that person back to the street to huff and puff yet again? With this example, thinking does make one a better runner where feeling doesn't, in that thinking is used to calculate breathing, schedule, proper shoe, repeat distance, anything coached....and i venture to say...the physical pain involved, believe it or not. However, it's feeling that gets the ass out the door:)

synarch....are you having a midlife crisis man?

+1 stain.

As for the second part, my entire life has felt like a mid-life crisis.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ah, well- far be it from me to disabuse you of this fanciful (if temporally convenient notion) of INTJs and their maturity with feelings.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ah, well- far be it from me to disabuse you of this fanciful (if temporally convenient notion) of INTJs and their maturity with feelings.

I guess using ASCII and smiley representations to suggest ass-kissing is mature? SmileyMan illustrated in this little thread more maturity than I have seen from you. Though, who knows how you guys differ in age, etc.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I guess using ASCII and smiley representations to suggest ass-kissing is mature? SmileyMan illustrated in this little thread more maturity than I have seen from you. Though, who knows how you guys differ in age, etc.

:rofl1: Brilliant. Solid logic. Empirically robust. True- I'm what they would call very in touch with her inner child.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
:rofl1: Brilliant. Solid logic. I'm what they would call too in touch with her inner child.

Aw. Well nothing wrong with that! I was certainly not saying you were not mature or criticizing you. Just expressing my experience with INTP's vs. INTJ's. But, I may be prejudiced as one of the friends I admire the most is an INTJ and he's absolutely everything I wish I could be sometimes.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thanks, Synarch. I feel like a lot of intellectual NTs, which I tend to think of you as, to usually stereotype Feelers as subordinates to them in their mind, intellect, and success. It frustrates me, but it's not really a big problem. I usually hear NFs complimenting NTs, so it's nice for a change to hear this from you, and for that, you just earned a whole lot more respect from me.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks, Synarch. I feel like a lot of intellectual NTs, which I tend to think of you as, to usually stereotype Feelers as subordinates to them in their mind, intellect, and success. It frustrates me, but it's not really a big problem. I usually hear NFs complimenting NTs, so it's nice for a change to hear this from you, and for that, you just earned a whole lot more respect from me.

You're welcome. I appreciate you saying that.

We NT's love the NF's. We just have trouble expressing it because it is like expressing a weakness maybe, ie. that we benefit from others. But, there is a lot of love here between NT's and NF's, I have noticed.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram

Heh. That's fairly insulting to the thinking side of feelers, actually. :huh: Is it that thinkers feel, but feelers don't think? :rolleyes:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Synarch - glad you wrote. I've been thinking about this recently. Partly spurred by having met a couple ENTPs who had real trouble acknowledging and processing their feelings. One of them actually claimed to feel numb for a long period (potentially years) after an emotional event occurred. I could see a real fear of emotions in the person. I've never seen anything like it before.

On the other hand, my own journey with MBTI has been interesting because I don't identify with very strong feelers or thinkers. I chose ENfP because in interpersonal relationships, I feel like Fi dictates decision making more of the time. In other areas, I can use detachment enough to let Te do the leading. So, I feel more inclined towards the feelers but am really an ENXP myself. I noticed you have been questioning or working through your own type recently. Care to share the thought process?

Feelers and thinkers are both quite lovely. I wish we had more courage on both sides, to put our feelings aside for feelers when the situation demands it and to acknowledge them more for the thinkers. In my own experience as well, the introverted feelers seem much more in touch with their emotions. The INTJs I know, in particular, did the work much earlier to develop this side. I wonder why.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was a great read that some NTs I know should read... Good post.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why were you incapable of recognizing your own feelings? (I have been dealing with this a bit as well.)

This is still very hard for me to explain, but I'll give it a go. Please assume the following are given in my mindset:

(1) I am a problem solver. Any problem that is not life treatening is assessed in a very objective manner by my brain and I solve the problem to the best interest of all parteis involved, given what I have to work with.

(2) Once I accept a problem as real and imminent I immediately identify the THREE most likely scenarios for it to get resolved (a) WORST CASE, (b) MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, and (c) BEST CASE SCENARIO.

(3) I put all efforts into making the best case scenario come to fruition.

(4) I accept the worst case scenario as a potential outcome, regardless of how much effort I put into the problem's resolution. In doing so, I free myself from FEAR associated with worrying if my efforts at making the best case scenario occur fail miserably.

(5) Soon after, the problem is solved, and I move on.

BUT HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT IT????

Good question. I haven't been challenged with that inquiry until some really big problems hit me personally. It is at that point that I executed the above procedure, came up with multiple acceptable outcomes, and was then forced to choose which trigger to pull.

I COULDN'T CHOOSE, BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA HOW I FELT ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF EACH POSSIBLE SOLUTION.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I was paralyzed. I had all the OBJECTIVE information I needed to make any number of sound reasonable decisions to get through the difficulties at hand...but I could not do it, because my mind and my heart were totally and completely disconnected.

I shit you not, I went to talk to my counselor about this, and it is at that point that it was confirmed that I had entered a formal state of depression.

CONCLUSION: I did not know what to do. I lost my drive to accomplish great things at all costs, I was barely getting by. All I could do was layout by the pool, sleep, go to the gym here and there, and let my mind try to connect with my heart subconsciously as I thought through these issues in my melancholic slumber.

Finally, it hit me. At one moment I knew what to do to make the "problems" go away (be solved) and which solutions were acceptable to my heart. It took me a 7 hour conversation with a close friend to go through the past 15 years of my life, which allowed me to put it all out on the table, look at it for what it was, and without considering what the problem solutions were, DECIDE WHAT IT IS THAT I WANTED TO BE THE FINAL OUTCOME IN MY HEART.

Once I did that, the path was lit up, and I was free to live again. My heart led the way.

I hope that makes some sense. It's still work in progress for me, my friend.

For some this might be really easy, but it literally brought me to my knees, which has not happened in my adult life thus far, so I am very intent on correcting this deficiency in my ability to allow my feelings to help me find the way I must choose to live my life.

Best of luck to you.

-Alex

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:unsure:

Some can be. But others...

EDIT:

I think it's that many T's do not appreciate Feelers. Though I think INTJ's are more mature than most other T's in this respect.

Even in this respect, I've known more than a few INTJs who see feeling as a form of weakness. In themselves, and others.