User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default Where Science Meets Spirituality

Here's a message from Peter Gariov the father of wave genetics. I've read of his work before and found it very interesting.

YouTube - The DNA Phantom Effect

What are your thoughts?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

fear or love the ONLY 2 human emotions?

BAHLETED

epigenetics will eventually a lot of the mysteries behind DNA carry-on and expression

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

What I said in your other topic, but since I don't like your title choosing.

I find it quite a stretch to go from something that we can't explain(yet) to spirituaility!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    fear or love the ONLY 2 human emotions?

BAHLETED

epigenetics will eventually a lot of the mysteries behind DNA carry-on and expression
    That's not what it says.... it says all the rest of the emotions branch from these two emotions.

If you can't even get that part right, why should I value your OPINION?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

oh i got it alright, but its still crap. love is a conglomeration of emotions and considerations, there's no logical or sensible way it could be one of the "base" emotions. its complete utter nonsense.

Fear on the other hand, sure, but love? INTs should know better.... *tsk tsk*

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

This is probably a frightening video to most NT's. That one day science may prove the importance of emotions, hahhah grow up...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You do realize that it's wasteful to post the same thread twice, right?

Anyway... emotions are important whether science proves them or not. All science can do is describe structure. It can tell us about how our emotions work, but it can't assign a value to them.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

I find it quite a stretch to go from something that we can't explain(yet) to spirituaility!
    Well what would you prefer I change the title to then. Seemed to catch your interest enough to get a response though.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

Fluffy, from a spiritualists point of view, I'd say that science might one day have the tools to explain everything. But it's a child, that learned how to crawl and is now taking its first steps. Spiritualism is the belief there's more to life than what meets the eye, than what we know, and to not limit yourself to what you know and understand, but go beyond.

I firmly believe that with time, science will catch up. Science to me is basically us humans trying to catch up with...well whoever/whatever made all of this in the first place.

Perhaps the best field to have science meet spirituality is everything to do with psychology, our own brain. As there we are not only scientific observers, but also the ones that experience it all. And the more we learn about the brain, the more things like trance, hypnotism, empathy etc get explained. I also find it the one place where scientific explanation doesn't diminish the mystique or awe of it. Knowing how it works just allows you to enjoy those experiences even more as with that understanding of how things works you can now marvel at the genius that is the human brain

I know though what you are getting at. The whole 'divine' part. The life force, the energy, God. Yeah..we're still a while away from that one.

There is a hypothesis though...at least in pagan circles. Physics teaches us that energy can never be destroyed..it can change forms, become useless to us by doing so as the new form might not be harvestable to us, but it never really disappears. There's a belief that everything, including the soul, the divine spark, the influencing of the world through 'magic' is pretty much energy being exchanged and transmuted all the time
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Please, Please, PLEASE don't associate things that we have yet to explain with Spirituality. Spirituality has NO place in the scientific worldview.