User Tag List

123 Last

Default How many of you are "real" atheists ?

I have noticed that there is alot of people on this forum that claim to be an atheists and agnostics.

So I am wondering how many of you are officially atheists and how many of you have decided to live as an atheists even if that is not what you are on the paper?
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion on paper ?"

Btw. why did you reject your religion ?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I always wonder, AO. As an atheist, do I act so different as I would if I believed in a god? I don't think so. I have greater belief in my moral fiber than that.

What religion is there to reject? People aren't born believing in the Bible, the Koran, etc. They are taught. Certainly on the physical level, they can be forced into the status quo of religious ritual.

And maybe when they are too young to learn fully/ to truly knowlingly accept religion into their life it is just the only path that appears to unveil before the, but as adults, I think people choose to include religion into their lives.

But maybe I'm strange. I think most people consider "believing in God/religion" as a state of being, a default that doesn't change once you set the "mode". I think that it has to be nurtured, otherwise it is in name only and not in reality.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

"real"... atheist, as opposed to a fake/phony one?? Neither, I'm not an atheist, but I don't believe in God because I don't have to. I did not reject "my" religion because I never had one - i AM religion..... (and possibly psychotic)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have noticed that there is alot of people on this forum that claim to be an atheists and agnostics.

So I am wondering how many of you are officially atheists and how many of you have decided to live as an atheists even if that is not what you are on the paper?
    I'm officially agnostic and live that way, though I do mess with astrology, tarot, runes, and Greco/Roman mythology occasionally. If MBTI counts as a religion like Victor says, then I suppose I'm a follower.

Because it (and it's followers) said I wasn't allowed to do something I felt like I needed to do, and I thought that was awfully presumptuous of it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Define "real" atheist. I'm pretty sure I am one, but it depends on how your defining it.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

There is a reason why I have placed that "real" in quotation marks.
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion (on paper) ?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

There is a reason why I have placed that "real" in quotation marks.
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion on paper ?"
    Yup.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    "real"... atheist, as opposed to a fake/phony one?? Neither, I'm not an atheist, but I don't believe in God because I don't have to. I did not reject "my" religion because I never had one - i AM a religion..... (and possibly psychotic)
    INTPs and their hair-splitting semantics. So you're non-theistic... as opposed to a "non-theist" because that term would connote a label, which would connote an ideology, or anti-ideology as it were? I suppose I can dig it, but that makes my head hurt.

(And stop hoping you're psychotic so that you can inherit the "mad genius" shock factor when you achieve something of merit or to absolve yourself of a failed endeavor. )
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Is there like a "Certificate of Religious Declaration" I don't know about? What do you mean by that, AO?

Phantonym

How many of you dont belong to any religion (on paper)?
    I don't. Not on paper nor anywhere else. It's people's own decision what they believe in and why. I consider myself an agnostic. I believe I don't have any means to determine the existence or non-existence of a superior "being" or whatever.