User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 86

  1. #31
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post

    What are you on paper AO?
    Atheist.

    I have never prayed in my entire life.

  2. #32
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    When I was young I used to pray the "give me a sign or I'm not going to start believing in you" prayer.

    Didn't work. By the way.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #33
    Senior Member Heart&Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    218

    Default

    I am an ateist, actually third generation of a family who either rejected the default state-religion in Denmark (Lutheran protestantism) by not taking communion, called 'confirmation', after having been forced to be baptised as helpless babies, or by simply not being baptised in the first place. My kids are the 4th generation.

    I consider organised religion, or any superstition allowed to interfere with your relations towards yourself, the world or other people to be very harmful and utterly counterproductive to global ethical progress.

    BTW I used to find it a bit offensive to have to define myself in (albeit negative) terms of religion. I don't believe that Elvis Presley is alive either but I really can't see any point in defining myself or others as 'A-elvisian' or the even more comical 'Elvis-agnostics'. But I accept it and am quite activist about it these days.

    The burden of proof is not on us. It's on the religionists / elvisionists.

  4. #34
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    INTPs and their hair-splitting semantics. So you're non-theistic... as opposed to a "non-theist" because that term would connote a label, which would connote an ideology, or anti-ideology as it were? I suppose I can dig it, but that makes my head hurt.

    (And stop hoping you're psychotic so that you can inherit the "mad genius" shock factor when you achieve something of merit or to absolve yourself of a failed endeavor. )
    Gawd-DAMN! You kick ass.

  5. #35
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post
    I am an ateist, actually third generation of a family who either rejected the default state-religion in Denmark (Lutheran protestantism) by not taking communion, called 'confirmation', after having been forced to be baptised as helpless babies, or by simply not being baptised in the first place. My kids are the 4th generation.

    I consider organised religion, or any superstition allowed to interfere with your relations towards yourself, the world or other people to be very harmful and utterly counterproductive to global ethical progress.

    BTW I used to find it a bit offensive to have to define myself in (albeit negative) terms of religion. I don't believe that Elvis Presley is alive either but I really can't see any point in defining myself or others as 'A-elvisian' or the even more comical 'Elvis-agnostics'. But I accept it and am quite activist about it these days.

    The burden of proof is not on us. It's on the religionists / elvisionists.
    I am pleased to meet you H&B and to hear that you are a third generation atheist.

    So do forgive me for being skeptical.

    It seems that you do reject Lutheranism, at least in part, for lack of evidence. In fact you say it is Lutheranism that is required to produce the evidence.

    And yet here you are, H&B, on a site devoted to MBTI.

    And yet MBTI has no more supporting evidence than Lutheranism.

    So let me put it bluntly to you -

    Have you left the religion of Lutheranism only to join the cult of MBTI?

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have noticed that there is alot of people on this forum that claim to be an atheists and agnostics.


    So I am wondering how many of you are officially atheists and how many of you have decided to live as an atheists even if that is not what you are on the paper?
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion on paper ?"



    Btw. why did you reject your religion ?
    I am an atheist from birth, my family are Christians. But on paper I'm Christian because you should know how it's like in Croatia so my declared Christians because nobody wants to lose his job because nationality/religion, and that was (and still is) the case here.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have noticed that there is alot of people on this forum that claim to be an atheists and agnostics.

    So I am wondering how many of you are officially atheists and how many of you have decided to live as an atheists even if that is not what you are on the paper?
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion on paper ?"

    Btw. why did you reject your religion ?
    I've been baptised, so I'm not sure. I don't recall ever telling the government one way or the other.

    I've never really accepted religion. I was sent to a sunday school for immersion at one point when I was young, but the teachers could never explain anything to my satisfaction. Discussions always wound up at some self-affirming logic like "because the bible says so" which was not convincing in the slightest. Simple stuff like, how can a being of perfect Good damn a human to pain and suffering forever? To my perspective at the time, that would be like a parent who beat their child to near-death daily for stepping out of line once. Absolutely horrifying.

  8. #38
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    I'm not a real atheist.

    As they say, fake it till you make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  9. #39
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    I was baptized as an infant, I don't know if they still count me in their records. As far as childhood church membership is concerned, I guess "on paper" I'm simultaneously Methodist, Prebsyterian, Luthuran, Baptist, and non-denominational Christian (we moved around a lot, and American Protestants are a rather inclusive bunch, at least in regards to rival denominations). Of course, I self-identify as an agnostic anyway, so I don't know if you count me as sufficiently atheistic for your survey.

  10. #40
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    What should 'real' atheism entail?

    Moreover, what distinguishes 'real' from 'unreal' atheism?

Similar Threads

  1. How Many of You Actually Know We Are In the Middle of a Mass Extinction?
    By Thalassa in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 06:57 PM
  2. Guys I dont know how many of you are parents but
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
  3. How many of you guys are actually going after a career bc its your dream?
    By Hellokittykitty in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:51 AM
  4. [ISTJ] ISTJs- How Many of you are sticklers for schedules?
    By IZthe411 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:32 AM
  5. [SJ] SJs : how many of you are Okay with factory-job?
    By niki in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO