User Tag List

First 1234 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    INTPs and their hair-splitting semantics. So you're non-theistic... as opposed to a "non-theist" because that term would connote a label, which would connote an ideology, or anti-ideology as it were? I suppose I can dig it, but that makes my head hurt.

(And stop hoping you're psychotic so that you can inherit the "mad genius" shock factor when you achieve something of merit or to absolve yourself of a failed endeavor. )
    its not antics or semantics.... Whether there is or is not a God makes no difference in my metaphysical system(the essential parts and maxims, anyway). It's not hair splitting, its analytics.

I am not theistic because I do not partake in rituals that are (to some) pertinent to God, but that doesn't mean I deny the existence of God. In fact, the entire statement "God exists" is poor grammar from a redunctancy check - its saying "existence exists". When Kierkegaard said that God is a verb, he ought to have said that God is a clause that augments whatever you attach it to.

to answer the question though, i have no religion on paper.

Not really.
    But considering I have beliefs that are derived from certain religions, I'd label myself as an agnostic leaning towards theisism, or just a weak theist. Most of my time I live my life as if I'm not religious, as I don't think there is any real need to do so most of the time. Most religion contain similiar underlying principles, where an atheist can adopt without religion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

So I am wondering how many of you are officially atheists and how many of you have decided to live as an atheists even if that is not what you are on the paper?
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion on paper ?"
    What does it mean be 'officially' an atheist? Flipping the coin, I don't think any one of us is a card-carrying theist. I wasn't aware official designation decreeing one's religious identity was available...

This is an interesting framework, AO. What divides proper religious belief from improper? Are there grades of a/theistic purity?

I was under the impression that one's religious ideology was more a subjective, personal experience vs. a question of spiritual cleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Is there like a "Certificate of Religious Declaration" I don't know about? What do you mean by that, AO?
    I am sorry if I am too vague. Which is probably because of cultural differences. In my country it was completely normal to have lists of religious people in the times od communism. So asking "What are you on the paper?" stayed as a phrase to this day.

I am simply not familiar about how you do things in the US.

What I am asking how many of you never got baptised or whatever the first ritual in other religions is.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

I have noticed that there is alot of people on this forum that claim to be an atheists and agnostics.

So I am wondering how many of you are officially atheists and how many of you have decided to live as an atheists even if that is not what you are on the paper?
    Basicly the only thing I am asking is "How many of you dont belong to any religion on paper ?"

Btw. why did you reject your religion ?
    your skepticism on whether one is as real an atheist as he claims is comical.

well i'm an atheist, rejected religion because it's retarded so i leave it to retards.

Quote Originally Posted by wastrd View Post
    your skepticism on whether one is as real an atheist as he claims is comical.

well i'm an atheist, rejected religion because it's retarded so i leave it to retards.
    No, I have just expressed myself in a wrong way.
    Towards my opinion person which claims to be an atheist and lives that way is an atheist.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Agnostic/Nihilism
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    What does it mean be 'officially' an atheist? Flipping the coin, I don't think any one of us is a card-carrying theist. I wasn't aware official designation decreeing one's religious identity was available...

This is an interesting framework, AO. What divides proper religious belief from improper? Are there grades of a/theistic purity?

I was under the impression that one's religious ideology was more a subjective, personal experience vs. a question of spiritual cleanliness.

I am sorry if I am too vague. Which is probably because of cultural differences. In my country it was completely normal to have lists of religious people in the times of communism. So asking "What are you on the paper?" stayed as a phrase to this day.

I am simply not familiar about how you do things in the US.

Does this makes any sense to you and explains my approach here ?

I am simply trying to clearify my position. Since I am not used to so subjective interpretacions of religious attachment.

MBTI
    SEXY

I've been baptised and even did communion. "On paper" I'm a catholic. I could theoretically get into heaven according to the beliefs of well over one billion people. However, over here in Holland, as others have pointed out for the US, it's hardly a matter of what you are on paper. I'm an atheist, with a tendency not to get into discussions about the existence of god anymore because neither me, nor my supposedly religious opponent can actually proof our point.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a "real" Atheist in that I reject all supernatural ideas, Religion included. I toyed with Judeo-Christian beliefs, but I abandoned it as I grew older and began to question why I believed in that system.

I personally find the idea of a personal God, or a deity of any sort to be laughably primitive and naive. I just don't see any compelling reason to believe in anything like it.