• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Justice or Self-Preservation

whats mroe important

• Justice- doing whats right

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Self Preservation- self before everything else

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Often, we are faced with decision where we have to choose between self (self preservation) or doing whats right (justice)

what do you pick?
what do you want to pick?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The way I go about my life is that I'm pretty strict with myself when it comes to being congruent with my principles (what is right). So in that sense I always strive to do what is right because that IS the best way to achieve self-preservation (of the mind anyway; when I feel guilty I can be pretty hard with myself). However, external rules must be weighed in and compared to my own value system before I even allow myself to feel guilty.

I'm basically hinting at Fi and how it's kind of its own perspective as far as this issue is concerned.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Self-preservation.

The whole point of justice is self-preservation, so when the two conflict, you obviously go with self-preservation. :yes:

If you can be fair without risking/harming yourself, you should, though.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Self-preservation is an unwinnable battle. We all die. Do the right thing, and no one can take it away from you.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Self-preservation is an unwinnable battle. We all die. Do the right thing, and no one can take it away from you.

very interesting...and very true.
if you die, die with a clear conscience and a strong heart and a stoic tranquility with no misgivings whatsoever.

where is this coming from...care to expand?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Self-preservation.

The whole point of justice is self-preservation, so when the two conflict, you obviously go with self-preservation. :yes:

If you can be fair without risking/harming yourself, you should, though.

point of justice is doing the right thing regardless of its consequences for self...no?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
However, external rules must be weighed in and compared to my own value system before I even allow myself to feel guilty.

I'm basically hinting at Fi and how it's kind of its own perspective as far as this issue is concerned.

so basically justice

if i may, what makes you sure that your own value system is not a little bit messed up?

P

Phantonym

Justice is more important. But...when faced with this kind of decision of course I would like to pick self-preservation. Instincts, maybe? Both choices suck.
Preferably, being just without harming yourself or others around you is the best. But we don't live in an ideal world.
Self-preservation is an good option when it would mean being just in the future. In a way that taking care of myself first would be better for everybody in the future.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
very interesting...and very true.
if you die, die with a clear conscience and a strong heart and a stoic tranquility with no misgivings whatsoever.

where is this coming from...care to expand?

common sense, moral/religious philosophy, and perhaps some was pulled out of my arse.

I don't know if there's much to expand on. The simplicity works best I think.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
common sense, moral/religious philosophy, and perhaps some was pulled out of my arse.

I don't know if there's much to expand on. The simplicity works best I think.

simplicity IS the best...but how do you stay simple in a world like ours where theres are shows called sweet sixteen and that trump show...a world where the whole concept of dating is based on whos more of an asshole and thus more selfish

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
simplicity IS the best...but how do you stay simple in a world like ours where theres are shows called sweet sixteen and that trump show...a world where the whole concept of dating is based on whos more of an asshole and thus more selfish

The world is simple, just not in comparison to how simple its people are.

I'm an ISTJ- the theory is kept simple, it's the practice where things get difficult