• Justice- doing whats right

8 72.73%
  • Self Preservation- self before everything else

3 27.27%
12 Last

MBTI
    entp

Default Justice or Self-Preservation

Often, we are faced with decision where we have to choose between self (self preservation) or doing whats right (justice)

what do you pick?
    what do you want to pick?

MBTI
    ISFJ

The way I go about my life is that I'm pretty strict with myself when it comes to being congruent with my principles (what is right). So in that sense I always strive to do what is right because that IS the best way to achieve self-preservation (of the mind anyway; when I feel guilty I can be pretty hard with myself). However, external rules must be weighed in and compared to my own value system before I even allow myself to feel guilty.

I'm basically hinting at Fi and how it's kind of its own perspective as far as this issue is concerned.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Self-preservation.

The whole point of justice is self-preservation, so when the two conflict, you obviously go with self-preservation.

If you can be fair without risking/harming yourself, you should, though.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Self-preservation is an unwinnable battle. We all die. Do the right thing, and no one can take it away from you.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Self-preservation is an unwinnable battle. We all die. Do the right thing, and no one can take it away from you.
    very interesting...and very true.
    if you die, die with a clear conscience and a strong heart and a stoic tranquility with no misgivings whatsoever.

where is this coming from...care to expand?

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Self-preservation.

The whole point of justice is self-preservation, so when the two conflict, you obviously go with self-preservation.

If you can be fair without risking/harming yourself, you should, though.

point of justice is doing the right thing regardless of its consequences for self...no?

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    However, external rules must be weighed in and compared to my own value system before I even allow myself to feel guilty.

I'm basically hinting at Fi and how it's kind of its own perspective as far as this issue is concerned.
    so basically justice

if i may, what makes you sure that your own value system is not a little bit messed up?

Phantonym

Justice is more important. But...when faced with this kind of decision of course I would like to pick self-preservation. Instincts, maybe? Both choices suck.
    Preferably, being just without harming yourself or others around you is the best. But we don't live in an ideal world.
    Self-preservation is an good option when it would mean being just in the future. In a way that taking care of myself first would be better for everybody in the future.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    very interesting...and very true.
    if you die, die with a clear conscience and a strong heart and a stoic tranquility with no misgivings whatsoever.

where is this coming from...care to expand?
    common sense, moral/religious philosophy, and perhaps some was pulled out of my arse.

I don't know if there's much to expand on. The simplicity works best I think.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    common sense, moral/religious philosophy, and perhaps some was pulled out of my arse.

I don't know if there's much to expand on. The simplicity works best I think.
    simplicity IS the best...but how do you stay simple in a world like ours where theres are shows called sweet sixteen and that trump show...a world where the whole concept of dating is based on whos more of an asshole and thus more selfish