Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ESTPs are far and away my favorite type to fuck around with.

They tend to give such predictably hostile reactions; it's easy to manipulate them and create a show for other Ns who may happen to be watching as the ESTP swings and misses, swings and misses, swings and misses, all the while breaking everything in his path.

I love to create controlled chaos and that's what fucking with ESTPs does, especially over the internet where their physical prowess is a non-issue.

Bottom line, entertainment.
    MBTI is theoretical. Only 'theoretically' are you fucking with a certain group of people. If, per chance, MBTI is a complete fallacy....you are only fucking with yourself
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Simulated World, I hate to break this to you - I get off on arguing and pissing contests :o

[Edit] Duuuude, I have teh mad skillzorz of physical prowess. Gonna pwn me a real life ENTP shortly. EXCELLENT.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

The difference between close-mindedness and open-mindedness...

I've been thinking about this for a while because I like to think that I'm an open-minded person. I'm sure that no one ever intentionally labels themselves as close-minded, that's for sure. However, it's fairly easy to bring a few people to mind that you feel are close-minded. Sooo, I've found that it's common to become so sure of your views--because you feel as if you've researched them thoroughly enough--that you begin to ignore and criticize any others that challenge them. And that's the very definition of close-mindedness.

For example, I'm a huge supporter of gay marriage. I don't like admitting this, but whenever someone expresses their opinions and reasons for opposing gay marriage, I automatically filter their words out of my brain. I'm subconsciously thinking--hey, I've done my research, my beliefs are "right" and theirs are "wrong", I don't need to listen to this religious shit any longer.

In order to be truly open-minded, you need to be willing to really listen and think about all opposing views--and then you need to respect that person for expressing those views, even if not one ounce of your body agrees with them. You can't instantly knock them aside because you've already deemed them unworthy of consideration.

The argument against gay marriage still really pisses me off, but I've recognized that those views aren't any more "right" or "wrong" than my own. I mean, that's what they believe. A belief is a belief. In their minds, their God's word holds more weight. And I guess that's kind of understandable, since they really believe in that whole eternal bbq party for sinners thing.

If you think that you're an open-minded person, you need to constantly be questioning that open-mindedness, otherwise you'll end up slipping into the same ditch you dug.

I dunno, this post is probably really obvious, but that's what I think.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INTP

A complex question. Yet so simple.
    It is about the doors.

About the position and the number. Of the doors.

IN > There is one door. It is in the front.
    EN > There is no door.
    IS > There is two doors. One in the front and one in the middle.
    ES > There is one door. It is in the middle.

Why?
    There are two chambers. The chamber inside, and the antechamber.
    In other words, there are four ways to be open vs. close minded.

1. You are open in the inside and closed on the outside.
    2. You are open in the inside and on the outside.
    3. You are closed in the inside and on the outside.
    4. You are open on the outside and closed in the inside.

In respective order.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I love the simplicity. Love it.
    The interesting thing about game playing is how relentless it is.

The game player doesn't get bored because he repeats the game over and over again.. And this is the point. As it is the repetition that induces the trance of the game.

And it really works, the game player is entranced and so is in a good position to induce he same trance in others.

And just as alcoholics like drinking companions, game players need companions to play the game.

The price game players pay is heavy - and the price is personal authenticity and genuine relationships with others.

But the heaviest price is paid by the children of game players, just as the children of alcoholics pay a heavy price.

But just like alcoholics, game players can't stop and don't want to stop.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    I was too lazy to read the whole thing, so forgive me if I'm repeating someone else's point.

I often hear the misconception that being open-minded means considering all possibilities as equal, which I believe is false. I get this often from religious debates. To me, being open-minded simply means that, given adequate evidence countering a claim you made, you accept your initial claim to be false. This can be for anything.

For example: If, during a religious debate, you proclaim yourself to be an atheist due to the evidence you currently have, you are not being close-minded. However, if you found reasonable evidence that proves the existence of God, and you don't reevaluate your stance, you are being close-minded.

Basically, an open-minded person is open to the truth, regardless of whether or not it clashes with their current opinions or ideals.
    I had a lovely logical path set up and you had to go ahead and put my thoughts to words some hours before I could do so.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    If, per chance, MBTI is a complete fallacy....you are only fucking with yourself
    Even if MBTI is absolutely accurate, he's still only f***ing with himself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The interesting thing about game playing is how relentless it is.

The game player doesn't get bored because he repeats the game over and over again.. And this is the point. As it is the repetition that induces the trance of the game.

And it really works, the game player is entranced and so is in a good position to induce he same trance in others.

And just as alcoholics like drinking companions, game players need companions to play the game.

The price game players pay is heavy - and the price is personal authenticity and genuine relationships with others.

But the heaviest price is paid by the children of game players, just as the children of alcoholics pay a heavy price.

But just like alcoholics, game players can't stop and don't want to stop.
    LOOOOOL. Are you for real?

What you've described is a gaming fanatic. They shouldn't be confused with a sane gamer - like myself.

I could go into a long winded rant - but it often goes on deaf ears. Quite frankly, I'm beginning to think you speak mostly hot air. Rather, instead, I'll just say it's DUMB to compare an alcoholic's addiction to a gamer. A sane gamer oft is a caffeine addict if anything.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    MBTI is theoretical. Only 'theoretically' are you fucking with a certain group of people. If, per chance, MBTI is a complete fallacy....you are only fucking with yourself

Accurate, and funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    LOOOOOL. Are you for real?

What you've described is a gaming fanatic. They shouldn't be confused with a sane gamer - like myself.

I could go into a long winded rant - but it often goes on deaf ears. Quite frankly, I'm beginning to think you speak mostly hot air. Rather, instead, I'll just say it's DUMB to compare an alcoholic's addiction to a gamer. A sane gamer oft is a caffeine addict if anything.
    We simply have a misunderstanding.

I am referring to those who are addicted to playing psychological games.

I am not referring to those who play formal games on the internet.

I think our misunderstanding arises because both are referred to as game players.

Whereas I am only referring to those who are addicted to playing psychological games,