• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading aura's????

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if anyone has ever made a thread like this before, if so I apologize for doing so again.

Having seen some stray comments here and there, I had the idea earlier to start a thread on this topic.

For those who can do so, and are willing to publicly state it:
1) Can you "read auras"?
2) What can you usually sense?
3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
4) How did you learn this?
5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?

Other than personal privacy, are there other reasons that people may not want to declare this?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
"There is much beauty in this world, and much not beauty. By being more sensitive to and aware of things, both of these are now far more in my face. Such things have always existed, it is simply a matter of people knowing how to open such senses, or being willing to do so."

Someone once presented an analogy that I really liked: It's like a radio, you just gotta learn how to tune your senses into the right wavelengths, and then bam all this stuff is right in front of you.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
I certainly can't read auras, but I can think of one good reason aura readers might not make their abilities known. Many nonbelievers will criticize them.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i can't read auras, but i had a dream that i was a guru in australia and had an aura that was clearly visible to anyone. it was very peaceful.

i think that laughingebony is right. many people are very hostile/antagonistic towards auras.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i am a synesthete and perceive color from people..usually when they are playing music or speaking at length - eg, expressing themselves intensely.. but i don't think that counts as reading auras, because i am not visually seeing an auric field emanating from a body.

i think i always had this inclination, as my childhood drawings of people most often included strange streaks of colors around their heads (i mean something other than 'hair')

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone saying she could read/see whatever aura's. Told me I had an extremely dark and heavy aura. The blackest she has ever witnessed.

Load of bull. :p

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Someone saying she could read/see whatever aura's. Told me I had an extremely dark and heavy aura. The blackest she has ever witnessed.

Load of bull. :p

does your aura look like this?:

night-of-the-demon1.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't ask for details. Maybe. :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dark marine blue, not black. I've seen blacker and colder. Though depending on your mood, it could go darker, I'm sure.

I too perceive colours with people, though not always, and I don't do anything conscious with it. I'm not sure if that's what they mean with aura's anyways. I just tend to associate people with colours and animals, sometimes *shrug*

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you saying my aura is dark marine blue from your perspective?

Mmmh, puzzling this is!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I find it funny, since it's not that far off.

So maybe there is truth in it all. But dark sounds so negative. I don't feel negative. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I once read the book "Insomnia" by Stephen King, which is a highly entertaining book I can recommend and therefore wont spoil much.

But after I read it, I had to dig deeper into the aura concept. There was that philosophy called, what was the name again, that dealt with a thing they called astral energy and that every living thing and object in the world has it. They stole alot of ideas from quantum electrodynamics and I found it to be quite an intresting read.

I especially found the part intresting in how an electromagnetic field or an aura :))) can have an impact on human physiology. In the thing about astral energy they said that you are even in interdependency with the tree you are standing in front off.

I dont know what to make off this aswell, but totally dismiss the idea, I wont so far.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dark marine blue, not black. I've seen blacker and colder. Though depending on your mood, it could go darker, I'm sure.

I too perceive colours with people, though not always, and I don't do anything conscious with it. I'm not sure if that's what they mean with aura's anyways. I just tend to associate people with colours and animals, sometimes *shrug*

Cool :) Whats my colour ? Baby Blue ? :D

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

are you reading Fluffywolf's aura?
can that be done over the internet, without being physically present?
i had thought reading auras was a physical thing, but maybe it can be done through impressions, even impressions over the internet?

I too perceive colours with people, though not always, and I don't do anything conscious with it. I'm not sure if that's what they mean with aura's anyways.

my understanding of auras is that they are a visual or instinctual representation of a person's energy, the energy they unconsiouly and naturally put out.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I find it funny, since it's not that far off.

So maybe there is truth in it all. But dark sounds so negative. I don't feel negative. ;)

It's not negative, and you do have some glints of yellow in there sometimes, when you're teasing someone for instance, or just having fun :)
Blue is usually a peaceful colour, used to calm people down. Marine blue, to me (not sure about the conventions on the meaning of auras), it's quiet, peaceful, often rather serious and contained but can be surprisingly moody, much like a thunderstorm coming out of nowhere.

Cool :) Whats my colour ? Baby Blue ? :D

Actually, not baby blue, but blue nonetheless, close to royal blue I'd say. Very vivid and intense at times.

Maybe it's that I also connect emotions with colours, and that's where I get it? I dunno.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I looked some things up.

Black

Such aura color is very rare. It shows that the person can be an energy vampire. It also means that the person has not forgiven someone for a long time and carries that uneasiness in his/her heart. Such uneasiness can easily lead to some disease.

If the person has been negative for a long time, this color may also indicate that other negative entities joined the aura or body.

If the blackness is most intense in the sacral chakra, it means that the person had an abortion and still carries grief from this incident.

It also means that the person has not forgiven someone for a long time and carries that uneasiness in his/her heart.

This is dead on for a huge part of my life. But the disease doesn't make sense. I haven't been ill for like 8 years or so and am very healthy. :p

But the funny thing is that when that person read my aura, I was still dealing with this on some level.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I just tend to associate people with colours and animals, sometimes *shrug*

i am interested in this, it is foreign to me, it is not something i ever do.
do you think about what colors/animals associate with a person?
or is it more of an unconcious feeling?
or something else entirely?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I looked some things up.

It also means that the person has not forgiven someone for a long time and carries that uneasiness in his/her heart.

This is dead on for a huge part of my life. But the disease doesn't make sense. I haven't been ill for like 8 years or so and am very healthy. :p

But the funny thing is that when that person read my aura, I was still dealing with this on some level.

It would make sense. I've only ever once 'scanned' someone who had a black aura around him. Reading him was like jumping in a black hole, despite him being incredibly friendly and sweet, on the surface. Other people stayed away from him, despite his demeanor. I didn't know him, but later I learned from others he has a history of manipulating and getting really really stalky and pestering if he doesn't get his way. I dunno what happened to him, as I never did get to know him.

i am interested in this, it is foreign to me, it is not something i ever do.
do you think about what colors/animals associate with a person?
or is it more of an unconcious feeling?
or something else entirely?

Well, as I said, I don't get it with everyone. It's just..it works the same as using intuition, I'd say. It just comes to you. And sometimes it really stands out, and other times, someone has to ask or refer to it to actually pop up. Some I don't get a read on for months. Hence I don't really rely on it. Sometimes I can get a colour, but not an animal, other times the other way around, though that's rare.

About the distance reading: I honestly don't know. I do know that it is possible to read tarot cards long distance, for instance, so it wouldn't surprise me that you can read someone's aura online. Though, to be clear, I've seen pics of these two guys, and that's something that helps *a lot* to do this :)