• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading aura's????

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
All of these pics were taken in the years following my divorce. The divorce forced me to face emotions for the first time in my life. I never grew so much as during that period. Worst but also the best thing I have ever went through.

I was thinking:
are you a parent? I don't sense certain "slow downs" [not in a bad way, more like a focus-changing way] that I would associate with that but you seem, umm, almost content or something??? There was definitely someone/something outside of yourself that affected you very strongly, people for whom "its all about themself" act differently. I don't directly sense pain or loss in any of these pics, though 2 and 3 would come closest . It seems like you took your divorce pretty well, or something. Did you split amicably knowing that you weren't right for each other or were growing in different directions or something? Don't tell me anything that you dont want to.

What kind of physical activity(s) did you do? I almost immediately want to rule out running. Physically, it looks like maybe weight-lifting. Often weight-lifters have restricted muscle movement range though, you don't seem very meat-headed so to speak.

I did notice your shirt in the first pic by the way. I will say, you seem to have much more and much stronger chi/prana than the large majority of people that I see! That could in part be a function of where you live.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Colors as feelings, hmmm. To the extent that I can relate to colors I associate them with traditional aura color interpretations. Looking stuff up earlier, I saw that orange was apparently like an adventuresome color. Red is more like physicality per se. I do do scenic driving and hikes, which I'd guess would be more blue [calmness], and green [healing, connection to nature], but I guess orange could fit? Denver is very physically active, maybe I'm picking that up from my more athletic achieving goal-oriented outdoorsy city-mates??? Let me ask a question: is it common for people to see color(s) and not know how to interpret them? IME the answer often seems to be yes. Ooh, so you get feelings from people's [or at least mine perhaps?] posts? I must say I can't do that. Getting emails from people I know I can sometimes feel the impingement of the authors thought-forms, but from people I don't know yeah not so much. So the colors you mentioned above, do any of them carry particular meanings with respect to you noticing them from me? I feel like my aura is much less green than it used to be, and other people have mentioned small amounts of orange. Have you gotten any particular vibes from my posts that I should be aware of, or that you are willing to share? I wanna take and post a pic of me after doing some of my breathing methods training. That might get pretty interesting.

I feel like when I look at pics of me they are healthier than I'd expect them to be [apparently I feel internally more distracted than I actually am/give off???], but when I look further out, say 2-4 feet, I sense like the things there are too rushed. As in being performed too fast or not taking the time to experience the moment properly. Instead of being my in-the-moment living-for-the-experience NFP self, like there is a TJ-ish external influence pushing me to be "faster" about things. I often directly feel that around many INTJ individuals. I think you wrote somewhere that your boyfriend is Ni-Te which would mean INTJ. Have you ever noticed similar experiences, like you feel "rushed" about things especially emotionally?

In chinese martial arts there is the concept of "explosive force" wherein basically one is generally at rest/relaxation, but in a moment of need you controllably tense and direct all of your strength in a very "explosive" manner. For comparison, people other people often hold muscular tension while awaiting something, and then in the moment of exertion part of their effort is wasted in fighting themself, or if you prefer lost as resisitive friction in then muscular/skeletal system. My taoist training in particular emphasizes general relaxation with the ability to instantaneously generate and direct focused attention. My yogic training is generally far more "constant equal level of exertion/awareness."

So now that you've read me some, do I get to read you at all??? Feel free to say no, not a problem. While not lying or anything, I'm mostly playing around with you. If you wanted me to I could give it a try, but mostly I'm trying to be cute and funny here. You know its funny, I swear that like every ENFP that I've ever met that I can think of has been quite "cute". Its like you all were forced to drink some "special cute sauce" before being born or something... :wubbie: However, I think that when we INFP's were in the same boat we were only give the "how to be an adorable little kid" sauce, which wears out maybe around the teenage years or so? But you, you ENFP'S your "special cute sauce" lasts forever, or at least until your 40's or so. Not fair!!!
I want to be more ENFP-like!!! At least selectively and at the moments of my choosing. :wubbie:

*smiles* I'm not sure how exactly it works. I know that I assign colours to emotions (synesthesia?) and I do 'scan' people the way I would when intuiting their emotions to get this colour.

You seem to have that orange buzzing aura when you're busy using Ne. You tend to be quite intense in your posts and quite chaotic as well..and that's saying something, coming from your E-sibling :alttongue:
You do feel indeed quite hurried sometimes, but I think that's Te. Those using that function as their dom or parenting function don't seem to have this unless they're really in the zone. I think the reason it makes us look hurried when using it is coz we don't know how to pace it. Whereas if you look at an NTJ they will often be very calculated as to how to bide their time and spend their energy, meanwhile planning ahead.

As for your question, an INFP can easily out socialize me, the thing is that I tend to have more stamina for it, I've noticed and my 'highs' are signicantly more energetic and loud then theirs are usually...which..is not such a good thing always. I learned to curb my E over the years though (my social circle contains all I's), so I'm sometimes mistaken for an INFP instead. Feel free to take a stab at me, with the aura reading, but realize that the only pic I have of me on my profile is 5 years old, so I'm not sure how you're going to do that :)

As for your posts and stuff...I guess I can use almost anything that the person themselves picked or expressed to get a read off in some way or another. Though I have noticed that when I get the chance to a one on one with someone, a detailed scan often shows me how incredibly inaccurate/incomplete my original scan was. Often people project a mask that shows up in the first scan, but I can only see through when talking to them alone, though the baseline does stay the same. It's like getting a piece of the puzzle without the context, I guess.

Would those of you who can read auras be so kind. I included different situations at different periods to ensure one particular mood did not throw it off.

Pictures by meyer7717 - Photobucket

Some kind of earthy green...there's a sense of peace and realization about you, like you've gotten rid of your illusions and are seeing clear for the first time. First time I see a green aura outside my family..strange.

Frank

I was thinking:
are you a parent? I don't sense certain "slow downs" [not in a bad way, more like a focus-changing way] that I would associate with that but you seem, umm, almost content or something??? There was definitely someone/something outside of yourself that affected you very strongly, people for whom "its all about themself" act differently. I don't directly sense pain or loss in any of these pics, though 2 and 3 would come closest . It seems like you took your divorce pretty well, or something. Did you split amicably knowing that you weren't right for each other or were growing in different directions or something? Don't tell me anything that you dont want to.

What kind of physical activity(s) did you do? I almost immediately want to rule out running. Physically, it looks like maybe weight-lifting. Often weight-lifters have restricted muscle movement range though, you don't seem very meat-headed so to speak.

I did notice your shirt in the first pic by the way. I will say, you seem to have much more and much stronger chi/prana than the large majority of people that I see! That could in part be a function of where you live.

Without going into too much explanation, only because it would take five full length posts, all of those things you said are spot on. The only exception is that I do run but definitely hit the weights more than the running.

Frank

*smiles* I'm not sure how exactly it works. I know that I assign colours to emotions (synesthesia?) and I do 'scan' people the way I would when intuiting their emotions to get this colour.

You seem to have that orange buzzing aura when you're busy using Ne. You tend to be quite intense in your posts and quite chaotic as well..and that's saying something, coming from your E-sibling :alttongue:
You do feel indeed quite hurried sometimes, but I think that's Te. Those using that function as their dom or parenting function don't seem to have this unless they're really in the zone. I think the reason it makes us look hurried when using it is coz we don't know how to pace it. Whereas if you look at an NTJ they will often be very calculated as to how to bide their time and spend their energy, meanwhile planning ahead.

As for your question, an INFP can easily out socialize me, the thing is that I tend to have more stamina for it, I've noticed and my 'highs' are signicantly more energetic and loud then theirs are usually...which..is not such a good thing always. I learned to curb my E over the years though (my social circle contains all I's), so I'm sometimes mistaken for an INFP instead. Feel free to take a stab at me, with the aura reading, but realize that the only pic I have of me on my profile is 5 years old, so I'm not sure how you're going to do that :)

As for your posts and stuff...I guess I can use almost anything that the person themselves picked or expressed to get a read off in some way or another. Though I have noticed that when I get the chance to a one on one with someone, a detailed scan often shows me how incredibly inaccurate/incomplete my original scan was. Often people project a mask that shows up in the first scan, but I can only see through when talking to them alone, though the baseline does stay the same. It's like getting a piece of the puzzle without the context, I guess.

Some kind of earthy green...there's a sense of peace and realization about you, like you've gotten rid of your illusions and are seeing clear for the first time. First time I see a green aura outside my family..strange.

Two people have told me my aura color in my life. Both have said some sort of green. This is getting interesting. :yes:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As you probably already know I am quite skeptical about this. However I am curious about the defintion of aura.

Can someone at least give/post a definition of aura since the thread got this big ?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two people have told me my aura color in my life. Both have said some sort of green. This is getting interesting. :yes:

The pic in the car was the one that gave that vibe off. The other ones were harder to read. I wasn't sure if I was reading correctly in the first pic coz of the colour of your T-shirt (it influences me sometimes), and the green in the nature-pic made me doubt too. But the one in the car...screamed green.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
From a skeptic's perspective - an aura is the interpretation of many small, subtle clues, verbal, non-verbal and temperament-based, about a person's character. This is represented in a synaesthetic fashion, often in the sense of colors, though I have heard that some people experience auras in a musical fashion - that people, rather than giving off colors, give off chords of music and tones to represent themselves.

The brain is truly a fascinating thing, and the connections between people whose brains work in similar fashion even more so.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I ask what motivates the people who've asked for a reading?

Frank

Can I ask what motivates the people who've asked for a reading?

While usually I am skeptical about things of a paranormal nature I do believe there are some people who have a strength in areas such as reading auras. whether or not they are just more perceptive to energy fields than others or just highly intuitive with colors being associated with their intuition, I cannot say. I really have no idea what the explanation is but my gut (Ni) or whatever tells me some can actually do this. It is because of this that I asked for a reading. I find it fascinating, and not unlike MBTI a way to potentially learn about yourself.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ It's great to see people are openminded about these things. I'm pleasantly surprised by that.

A.O, because the phenomenon hasn't been fully explained yet, it is hard to define this, and you will find different interpretations depending on traditions that work with this and what they specialize in, really.

In it's most basic form, as far as I know, an aura is something that surrounds a person, often has a colour and contains information pertaining the person's state of mind, both mental and physical health and much more. Consider it an energy field.

It is believed by some that everything has it's own energy field. Much like it was proven with stones who have their own frequency, humans and animals, even plants, have their own 'frequency', their own energy field they emit.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As you probably already know I am quite skeptical about this. However I am curious about the defintion of aura.

Can someone at least give/post a definition of aura since the thread got this big ?

The clairvoyant/multiple levels of existence response:
There are many portions or levels to your being. There is the physical level, of course, but there are also a number of other 'subtler' levels. There exist a variety of levels of consciousness, which people can train in to be able to access. Your aura is the collection of all these other 'subtle 'levels of your being, what I would call 'subtle bodies'. Each subtle body corresponds to some other higher level of consciousness and serves as your 'vehicle of awareness' on that level of consciousness. Most people have not sufficiently developed or activated or awoken their subtle bodies enough to be able to perceive onto those levels. Speaking more metaphorically, your aura is your soul made visible.

I will not defend any of that, nor am I trying to convince anyone of anything here. Believe/think/disbelief/whatever as you all wish. I started this thread so that people who can sense auras could talk with each other about what they sense and how, and share any notes they wished to. Others may not be able to contribute but would find it interesting reading nonetheless. This is a topic that many people find very interesting, but also one that generally isn't talked about in the open or during typical conversations, for a variety of reasons, so I hoped that by making this thread it would create a safe and open environment where people could talk and share.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Hmm, very interesting. I'm gonna respond with some things here, and very well may PM you as well.

Hmmm, I've been called a number of things before, but to the best of my recollection I have NEVER been described as "chaotic". I've many many many times been described by words that are the opposite of chaotic, such as "serene" "peaceful" "focused" "directed" "calm" "easy-going" "thorough" "conscientious" and others. Oh, and "serious", I've been called that a *LOT*. I wonder if this is something new in my life? Or maybe I can blame it on the crazy ENFJ's [the Ni!] and the crazy Ne-driven ENFP's at this site? Maybe somewhat you, totally Little Linguist! The Ne-dom "brainstormy craziness" or whatever appears to be rubbing off on me! Or maybe this is where I feel like an NF again, but I don't feel Fi engaged for the most part, leaving Ne to play? Have like all of my posts giving you similar feelings/colors? I've written on other topics that don't seem very emotionally-similar to say this thread. For example, "NTJ work environments", and my questions in Peacebaby's blog should have very different feels to them. My "relationship" threads [ENFP+INFP, moving in together, how did you know you were ready to have kids] would probably have different feels as well. I'm tempted to write different posts about different topics, particularly memories form my past, and ask what different feels you get from then. One about me being in big nature, school memories, volunteering with dogs, work stuff, math stuff I wish I knew, personal reflections, are all possibilities.

I'm still confused: do you see colors but don't know how to interpret them?

I should get in some much more reflective [either philosophically or intellectually] mood and see how those make you feel. I'm really not usually very Ne-ish, but this forum definitely gives it it's 'muscle flexing' time! Also, I tend to try not to write too long in my posts, so many of my explanations are shorter and less clear than I would personally care for. Maybe that plays into being rushed? Also, historically anyways, I'm usually much calmer. I tend to get on this forum after getting home from work, maybe I'm still just revved up from work? NTJ-land isn't exactly a soothing "lets get in touch with ourselves and express our feelings" kind of place.

I think its interesting that you said your initial scans often come out wrong once you get to deal with a person on-on-one. Other people I've known have mentioned how there initial "impressions" can be quite wrong as well. Personally I can't recall ever really having had that happen. People act differently at different times, and context can change dramatically, but I don't think I've ever had that issue. Also, other people I've known have mentioned how they are really good at reading people [body language, emotionally, lying, etc, not "auras" per se], and then they try on me and can't do it. We INFP's can play the non-demonstrative little or no outward emotional expression card very well! :cheese:

I'm also curious, are there any particularly good or bad things that you sense from me? I'm not developed enough to be a saint, and I've spent a lot of time in very frustrating and not-positive situations, but I should be pretty "clean" and positive otherwise. Others have commented on this. That might be a better question for a PM response, unless there is nothing negative, then feel free to post a response to that question here.

Just that one pic huh? Man, and I thought I liked my privacy and being hidden! And your the E of the two of us too! I'll take a look and PM you if I feel like it. Usually people I talk to about what I sense I've dealt with 10-30-50 times before bringing it up, so I have a good overall sense. Also, usually I can be more "detached observer" while in that process, but I'm strongly reacting to your pic making it harder to separate and accurately identify. When you find someone that is good at things you wish you were, or used to be good at but aren't now, it can be very "soothing" and "comforting" and quite possibly "healing". A "template for healthiness" if you will for whatever specific areas they are healthy at and you wish you were more so at that instant in time. Usually we INFP's are the ones that induce that feeling in others, hence our being referred to as healers, its interesting standing on the other side of that. I think ENFP's can often be healers for other people as well. I've spent quite a bit of time in environments VERY anti-thetical [actually I personally use the term "combat hostile"] to NFP's, I find it very refreshing and soothing and healing being around other NFP's, and in particular being around ENFP's. When I feel like my NF has really been trashed on by external circumstances, I'll often try to recover it by imbibing ENFP and then converting E-I. Often I feel like I can't directly make the jump back from trashed to INFP without some really intense focusing/assistance, hence the trashed to ENFP to INFP route.

Damn, you ENFP's rock! :wubbie: :hug: I want an ENFP of my own, now!

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
See how helpful I am for your training? [By having you check out these pics and comment on their differences]

Nat

MBTI Type
INFJ
There are many portions or levels to your being. There is the physical level, of course, but there are also a number of other 'subtler' levels. There exist a variety of levels of consciousness, which people can train in to be able to access. Your aura is the collection of all these other 'subtle 'levels of your being, what I would call 'subtle bodies'. Each subtle body corresponds to some other higher level of consciousness and serves as your 'vehicle of awareness' on that level of consciousness. Most people have not sufficiently developed or activated or awoken their subtle bodies enough to be able to perceive onto those levels. Speaking more metaphorically, your aura is your soul made visible.

Do you think there are there things that people can do to develop their level of awareness to this stage or do you think that this is something that only certain people are naturally attuned to?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've always assumed "auras" were simply the culmination of a multitude of physical signaling indicators that the mind simply assigns a meaning to. You always hear that 90% of communication in non-verbal, and I think that various indicators like body language, posturing, demeanor, stature, etc can contribute to the "vibe" or aura that another perceives. I think that aura readers tell you as much about themselves as they tell about you.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thought I would just jump in here with my own experiences. When my son was much younger (elementary school age) he would describe people having "angel hats," his words, not mine. He would often draw pictures of people with colored orbs surrounding their head (my ex-husband's was green) so everyone always looked like astronauts.

I had a friend who was a very gifted counselor who wanted to meet my family at the time. When he walked up to my son at the bus stop he seemed confused or flustered, and just walked off. I thought his behavior was very strange but he already seemed overwhelmed and I just left him alone. The next day he sat me down and was very careful in his wording because he thought he would alarm me but he said when he walked up to my son he was blown away by the height, color and size of his aura (described as golden). He said he had never seen such an aura of that intensity and felt that my son needed help in understanding how this would affect him in his life. He said my son would absorb others emotions and would need some training in dealing with boundaries from other people, and he could become sick if he let too much of other's people energies impact him. He was very cautious in saying this because he knew how people reacted to such statements. He also said I had abilities as well, but not like my son.

As he got older, he lost the ability or possibly blocked out the energies, which my friend said happened to him as well with the turbulence of adolescence. But he also said it can come back when he gets older and has a desire to focus on that part of his development. I do believe my son is INFP/INFJ and has always been described as incredibly empathetic. I remember he cried when he first heard the story of Martin Luther King, Jr. and his death--he was about seven at the time.

So, yes, I do believe in the ability to read auras and I understand why people are very cautious about speaking up. Before this happened I also thought it was a culmination of body language, external signals, etc. but also doubted it. I don't have the ability, though I do get a sense from some people about their level of peace, for lack of a better term.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I can't read auras but I'd argue that I can feel auras- it's awesome when they are correct but usually there is a but involved or it's just completely wrong...

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do you think there are there things that people can do to develop their level of awareness to this stage or do you think that this is something that only certain people are naturally attuned to?

Well, I'm not quite sure just what you are referring to with 'to this stage', but yes there are ways people can train to be conscious/aware on these levels.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I will not defend any of that, nor am I trying to convince anyone of anything here. Believe/think/disbelief/whatever as you all wish. I started this thread so that people who can sense auras could talk with each other about what they sense and how, and share any notes they wished to. Others may not be able to contribute but would find it interesting reading nonetheless. This is a topic that many people find very interesting, but also one that generally isn't talked about in the open or during typical conversations, for a variety of reasons, so I hoped that by making this thread it would create a safe and open environment where people could talk and share.

My "definition" was rather big picture and somewhat theoretical in nature. I chose to explain that way because there are a number of subtler bodies and find the above a more general and across the board explanation. I think that when most people sense things in auras, where they are sensing subtlebody-wise is into the astral/emotional body, or perhaps the chi/etheric or mental bodies. However, again, there are a number of other bodies as well. Different systems use different terms and explanations: yoga has the three bodies [physical, subtle, causal] and the 5 koshas [physical/food {annamaya}, pranic {pranamaya}, emotional/mental {manomaya}, wisdom {vijnayamaya}, bliss {anandamaya}], if you look at Barbara Ann Brennan she's got her system of I believe 7 bodies, theosophy has their set, and I'm sure lots of other groups have their sets as well. I'm going to list Bruce Kumar Frantzis's Taoist 8-body system just to give a full list of a longer set than 5 bodies. According to Relaxing Into Your Being pg 51: physical, chi, emotional, mental, psychic energy, causal, body of individuality, body of the Tao. IME usually lists go like :physical, chi/etheric, emotional/astral, mental, and then however they subdivide the "spiritual bodies"

For those who might find this tie-in interesting, some subtle bodies disentegrate analogously to how the physical body disintegrates, but more slowly, while other bodies don't disintegrate but instead "reincarnate with you." [Part of?] the reason why people don't "remember" their previous physical incarnations is that much of the "memories" of those times was in the non-reincarnational bodies of that particular memory-associated lifetime, which disintegrated after that incarnation and before the next one, hence the "loss" of that memory. On a deeper level, "impressions" from previous existences are also stored in the reincarnational bodies, but are much harder to access. Or at least thats my recollection of my understanding of what I've read.

And just for the interestingness let's take this a little further. I'll use the Tibetans as an example here, since I'm of the opinion that they have the most subtle/esoteric religion in existence. Notice that in the above I said that the lower level subtle bodies disintegrate more slowly than the physical. Implication? That's right folks, after [physical] death states. And yes, there are religious books out there describing these states. Ever heard of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, or the Egyptian one? They are to help guide "departed souls" through these "netherworlds" before said departed souls once again physically incarnate. Heaven and hell? Try lots of them, lots of both of them, depending on your actions and merits. Oh, and people physically alive on earth with sufficient clairvoyant abilities can track "departed souls" as they go through these various "after death states." I mentioned the Tibetans earlier in this paragraph, they are the group probably most well known for doing this kind of tracking. Look at how they "find" the Dalai Lama, Panchen Lama, etc. Regardless of what you, I, or anyone else thinks about the above, know that the Tibetans [and others as well] take it VERY seriously.

Okay, I think I've taken us off the deep end enough for now.