• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading aura's????

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease someone read my aura!

;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me one good reason why :coffee:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You're a kind helpful person who might do me the honour of bestowing a little of your time and expertise on me, even though you misdoubt my reasons for asking? :puppy_dog_eyes:

F

FigerPuppet

1) I do not physically see anything. I get feelings and perceptions. However, if I am tired or preoccupied, I turn inward and don't notice as much.

2)

a) For example, if someone has been fighting, I can feel it. Then it really pisses me off when I ask if everything is okay, and the person says yes but acts grumpy. Later, I hear the person arguing again, and I know I was right.

b) I can immediately tell if my client is having a good or bad day and if they need to talk before getting down to business.

c) Sometimes I can feel negativity, but I don't always know where it's from.

Yes, that is your subconscious noticing signs and connecting them with specific things. It is not uncommon.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease someone read my aura!

;)

One of the things that I heard before hand, and then learned from personal experience is that 1) many people's auras are not worth reading, 2) most people auras are semi-generic, and 3) we usually have other/better things to be doing with our timing than paying deep attention to every person that we pass on the street. I was also told that lots of people will ask you to read their aura, though IME that's not particularly been the case.

Do you have a picture somewhere or something?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do I see a physical manifestation of a person's interior emanating from them like a transparent force-field? No.

Do I intuit a metaphysical emanation of a person's character from their facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice? Absolutely and it's immediate.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Amargith,

Oh I hadn't even thought about the whole Harry Potter thing, how has THAT gone? I think I wrote this somewhere recently in this thread, but I also think shamanism is pretty cool. Have you heard of Michael Harner and "core shamanism", in essence an attempt to find the common core between shamanic groups/traditions? I think Native American shamanism is pretty interesting, though I can't directly culturally relate to it. I also like Celtic shamanism, and feel much more of a connection to that. I should ask people about if I had any previous lifetimes as a Celtic druid or the like. Anyways, have you heard of Geo Trevarthen? I found her website particularly riveting and powerful/impactful.

Don't worry about it if you don't want to, but I recently posted some semi-recent [ie in the last 2 years] pics of me in the recent pics area, feel free to peruse and comment about anything that stands out to you if you'd like.

As big of differences as eastern stuff has with monotheistic stuff, I think the entry point can be relatively easy in the sense that people can just start by thinking of it as stress reduction [yogic asanas, tai chi, chi kung breathing], or trying to "center" yourself [any meditation practice]. Sure, someone could ask about big heady "out there" things like karma, reincarnation, subtle bodies, gurus, etc but there definitely is no requirement to do so, and generally people don't ask about those, at least not in say your average yoga class or the like. Also, people only have to take things as far as they want to, don't care about subtle development, fine just stick to your asanas and receive the benefit of that. On the contrary, earth based stuff seems to very early on assert all sorts of, as you put it, "'psychic', 'supernatural' and 'magic'" things, which I think would be much more of a make or break thing for many people, if nothing else its a bigger "hurdle?" to jump. With that said, its my understanding that most people who do magical things consider themselves to have done so before, and are simply finding it again. Expressed differently, if your not meant to do it [ie haven't done it before in previous lifetimes], you probably won't be doing it anyways.

I don't think that I've particularly freaked out people that I know. "Oh look, Scott has closed his eyes and is sitting in a partial lotus posture with his eyes closed. Yawnnnnn, so what's on tv right now anyways?" For my more NT friends, some things I talk about I'm sure push their boundaries, but they also just tend to keep their reactions to themselves. Most of my NF friends find this stuff "extremely fascinating" and wish we had more time to talk about it. ENF's and their active social lives!

I've found that more New Age/pagan/earth based people tend to make statements/assertions that are much more you believe it or you don't. I might look at a friend and sense from multiple things that they are very tense, and be like "Dude, your tense, here eat some ice cream", whereas I can see people I've known in the past saying things like "your uncomfortable at [place] because various spirits are hanging out there and emanating their personal fears and angers, I should come there and exorcise them for you and then you'll be fine again. But until then visualize a candle flame growing into a protective bubble composed of the color white and send intention to your protector spirit guide to help you with this, that will make it work better. " I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I am saying that that is a whole lot to swallow at once for most people and will probably really push the boundary of most people's beliefs. Just for reference again, compare with "twist your body this way, hold this posture until it feels more comfortable, and breath deeply", yeah that's much more tenable/reasonable in the eyes of most people. Until someone starts telling stories about saints/gurus/siddhas and how they levitate, divine the future, materialize physical bodies in multiple locations at once, and the like. See, we span the spectrum too, just not in your average yoga class.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
One of the things that I heard before hand, and then learned from personal experience is that 1) many people's auras are not worth reading, 2) most people auras are semi-generic, and 3) we usually have other/better things to be doing with our timing than paying deep attention to every person that we pass on the street. I was also told that lots of people will ask you to read their aura, though IME that's not particularly been the case.

Do you have a picture somewhere or something?

*wonders what makes a particular person's aura worth reading as opposed to the others that apparently aren't, and what exactly makes an aura semi-generic... I thought people, at any rate, were generally unique individuals, despite the effort a lot of them seem to put into trying not to be...*

Well, that's me on my profile, I'm the one on the left, without the tail and whiskers ;) I don't have too many photos of myself on the computer, so I doubt I'll come up with anything better in a hurry!

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
*wonders what makes a particular person's aura worth reading as opposed to the others that apparently aren't, and what exactly makes an aura semi-generic... I thought people, at any rate, were generally unique individuals, despite the effort a lot of them seem to put into trying not to be...*

Well, that's me on my profile, I'm the one on the left, without the tail and whiskers ;) I don't have too many photos of myself on the computer, so I doubt I'll come up with anything better in a hurry!

Most people are relatively "mundane", mostly concerned about themselves and their own life, and are not especially developed/excelling in any particular area. Maybe that's not quite the case, but that's my short answer to your first question. People who are particularly developed or excel at something have more interesting features to observe. :coffee: I'm still probably be unfairly harsh in my description here, but hope that by being harsher than is really warranted my answer will make more sense.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I can't see auras myself, but I believe it's possible for others to do so. I have an "ability" that I don't like to discuss either because you get tired of arguing with the non believers. You learn that sometimes it's a waste of time, mainly it's with sensors, you learn to communicate with those who are receptive to it.

Don't get me wrong though, I also believe there's plenty of con artists out there out to make a buck. This also just adds to the skeptic's belief that everyone is faking it.

Oh and by the way, they already made a real aura camera, kirlian photography also existed before that, showing the "phantom effect" in organic objects....so as far as auras go, they are a thing of the past for me, and the technology is there so we don't necessarily have to possess the ability ourselves to see it anymore.
Let me find the link
YouTube - Kirlian Imaging Reiki, Aura, Energy Field, New Age

Here's another interesting one on Kirlian photography
YouTube - Kirlian Photography Explanation

F

FigerPuppet

Oh and by the way, they already made a real aura camera, kirlian photography also existed before that, showing the "phantom effect" in organic objects....so as far as auras go, they are a thing of the past for me, and the technology is there so we don't necessarily have to possess the ability ourselves to see it anymore.
Let me find the link
YouTube - Kirlian Imaging Reiki, Aura, Energy Field, New Age

Here's another interesting one on Kirlian photography
YouTube - Kirlian Photography Explanation

Allegedly, this special method of "photographing" objects is a gateway to the paranormal world of auras. Actually, what is recorded is due to quite natural phenomena such as pressure, electrical grounding, humidity and temperature. Changes in moisture (which may reflect changes in emotions), barometric pressure, and voltage, among other things, will produce different 'auras'.

Living things...are moist. When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object. This moisture is transferred from the subject to the emulsion surface of the photographic film and causes an alternation of the electric charge pattern on the film. If a photograph is taken in a vacuum, where no ionized gas is present, no Kirlian image appears. If the Kirlian image were due to some paranormal fundamental living energy field, it should not disappear in a simple vacuum (Hines 2003).

bom

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^It's interesting that you are so quick to dismiss these things. I get it, they've explained it, demystified it and it turned out not to be what others who see these things, hypothesized. So what? It doesn't mean that what they perceive isn't there. It just means that what they could not test, but hypothesized to be the reason, wasn't valid.

Science and spiritualism should be helping one another, not be fighting each other, imo. Most of those 'paranormal' things do work, ime, however, it's when people start explaining this stuff as if they know how it works exactly, that they make mistakes. We don't always know how it works, that's why its part of the 'mystical' or 'occult' stuff. It would however be stupid not to use something that clearly works, even if you don't precisely know how. I mean, you turn on your tv probably every day, do you know exactly how it works? You're just glad it does, and you'll yell "stupid machine" at it if it doesn't. You don't understand it enough to fix it at that point though.

Science on the other hand, can help us explain things like this. For instance, this aura thing, or the vibrations of stones, or hypnotism even. I do find it sad that it kinda takes the mystique out if, but the benefit is that you can use it more effectively. That being said, you have to keep in mind that science, or our understanding of it, isn't perfect either. We don't know everything yet, and commonly held beliefs in the scientific world are regularly shaken about for some groundbreaking new theory that then turns out to prove us all wrong.

So both sides should just stop getting on their high horse. The answer, imo, is in the synthesis of the two.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No offense, but spirituality (as people see it) is just a means to explain scientifically unexplainable phenomenon to me.

So basicly what I'm saying is I don't think spirituality exists. But I'm not saying there may be merit and truths in many spiritual beliefs. Just not in the way spiritualists believe them.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
he said "assuming moisture is present on the object..." but when doing the phantom experiment it states the leaf was covered in plastic and the phantom appeared through the barrier. They claim it wasn't possibly moisture in their controlled experiment.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So?

Perhaps it was air movement, or air structure. Or maybe even magnetism, everything attracts, so heavy leaf particles may influence the lighter air particles around to a certain point. I don't know! My point still stands. :p

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
^^It's interesting that you are so quick to dismiss these things. I get it, they've explained it, demystified it and it turned out not to be what others who see these things, hypothesized. So what? It doesn't mean that what they perceive isn't there. It just means that what they could not test, but hypothesized to be the reason, wasn't valid.

Science and spiritualism should be helping one another, not be fighting each other, imo. Most of those 'paranormal' things do work, ime, however, it's when people start explaining this stuff as if they know how it works exactly, that they make mistakes. We don't always know how it works, that's why its part of the 'mystical' or 'occult' stuff. It would however be stupid not to use something that clearly works, even if you don't precisely know how. I mean, you turn on your tv probably every day, do you know exactly how it works? You're just glad it does, and you'll yell "stupid machine" at it if it doesn't. You don't understand it enough to fix it at that point though.

Science on the other hand, can help us explain things like this. For instance, this aura thing, or the vibrations of stones, or hypnotism even. I do find it sad that it kinda takes the mystique out if, but the benefit is that you can use it more effectively. That being said, you have to keep in mind that science, or our understanding of it, isn't perfect either. We don't know everything yet, and commonly held beliefs in the scientific world are regularly shaken about for some groundbreaking new theory that then turns out to prove us all wrong.

So both sides should just stop getting on their high horse. The answer, imo, is in the synthesis of the two.

I totally agree with everything you just said. Did you know the dude who invented tv was trying to invent a device to communicate with spirits? I guess alot of the best inventions are just accidents, like kirlian photography.

It's not that I'm getting "high on my horse"
The guy just simply ommitted the most important point, the phantom effect.
I wonder if he's even heard of it till today though.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
So?

Perhaps it was air movement, or air structure. Or maybe even magnetism, everything attracts, so heavy leaf particles may influence the lighter air particles around to a certain point. I don't know! My point still stands. :p

I doubt the researchers were that retarded, if we can think of these variables, I'm sure they would have done so as well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh I wasn't addressing you with the high horse, it was meant in general. I'm part of the pagan community, or I was, and I was raised in a family that worships Science, so I've seen both sides getting pedantic, arrogant and pretty much dismissive and disrespectful of each other. Sad really, as they could learn so much from each other.