User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease someone read my aura!

Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Give me one good reason why
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

You're a kind helpful person who might do me the honour of bestowing a little of your time and expertise on me, even though you misdoubt my reasons for asking?

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    1) I do not physically see anything. I get feelings and perceptions. However, if I am tired or preoccupied, I turn inward and don't notice as much.

2)

a) For example, if someone has been fighting, I can feel it. Then it really pisses me off when I ask if everything is okay, and the person says yes but acts grumpy. Later, I hear the person arguing again, and I know I was right.

b) I can immediately tell if my client is having a good or bad day and if they need to talk before getting down to business.

c) Sometimes I can feel negativity, but I don't always know where it's from.
    Yes, that is your subconscious noticing signs and connecting them with specific things. It is not uncommon.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Give me one good reason why
    Quick, is my aura black or pink?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease someone read my aura!

One of the things that I heard before hand, and then learned from personal experience is that 1) many people's auras are not worth reading, 2) most people auras are semi-generic, and 3) we usually have other/better things to be doing with our timing than paying deep attention to every person that we pass on the street. I was also told that lots of people will ask you to read their aura, though IME that's not particularly been the case.

Do you have a picture somewhere or something?

Do I see a physical manifestation of a person's interior emanating from them like a transparent force-field? No.

Do I intuit a metaphysical emanation of a person's character from their facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice? Absolutely and it's immediate.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Amargith,

Oh I hadn't even thought about the whole Harry Potter thing, how has THAT gone? I think I wrote this somewhere recently in this thread, but I also think shamanism is pretty cool. Have you heard of Michael Harner and "core shamanism", in essence an attempt to find the common core between shamanic groups/traditions? I think Native American shamanism is pretty interesting, though I can't directly culturally relate to it. I also like Celtic shamanism, and feel much more of a connection to that. I should ask people about if I had any previous lifetimes as a Celtic druid or the like. Anyways, have you heard of Geo Trevarthen? I found her website particularly riveting and powerful/impactful.

Don't worry about it if you don't want to, but I recently posted some semi-recent [ie in the last 2 years] pics of me in the recent pics area, feel free to peruse and comment about anything that stands out to you if you'd like.

As big of differences as eastern stuff has with monotheistic stuff, I think the entry point can be relatively easy in the sense that people can just start by thinking of it as stress reduction [yogic asanas, tai chi, chi kung breathing], or trying to "center" yourself [any meditation practice]. Sure, someone could ask about big heady "out there" things like karma, reincarnation, subtle bodies, gurus, etc but there definitely is no requirement to do so, and generally people don't ask about those, at least not in say your average yoga class or the like. Also, people only have to take things as far as they want to, don't care about subtle development, fine just stick to your asanas and receive the benefit of that. On the contrary, earth based stuff seems to very early on assert all sorts of, as you put it, "'psychic', 'supernatural' and 'magic'" things, which I think would be much more of a make or break thing for many people, if nothing else its a bigger "hurdle?" to jump. With that said, its my understanding that most people who do magical things consider themselves to have done so before, and are simply finding it again. Expressed differently, if your not meant to do it [ie haven't done it before in previous lifetimes], you probably won't be doing it anyways.

I don't think that I've particularly freaked out people that I know. "Oh look, Scott has closed his eyes and is sitting in a partial lotus posture with his eyes closed. Yawnnnnn, so what's on tv right now anyways?" For my more NT friends, some things I talk about I'm sure push their boundaries, but they also just tend to keep their reactions to themselves. Most of my NF friends find this stuff "extremely fascinating" and wish we had more time to talk about it. ENF's and their active social lives!

I've found that more New Age/pagan/earth based people tend to make statements/assertions that are much more you believe it or you don't. I might look at a friend and sense from multiple things that they are very tense, and be like "Dude, your tense, here eat some ice cream", whereas I can see people I've known in the past saying things like "your uncomfortable at [place] because various spirits are hanging out there and emanating their personal fears and angers, I should come there and exorcise them for you and then you'll be fine again. But until then visualize a candle flame growing into a protective bubble composed of the color white and send intention to your protector spirit guide to help you with this, that will make it work better. " I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I am saying that that is a whole lot to swallow at once for most people and will probably really push the boundary of most people's beliefs. Just for reference again, compare with "twist your body this way, hold this posture until it feels more comfortable, and breath deeply", yeah that's much more tenable/reasonable in the eyes of most people. Until someone starts telling stories about saints/gurus/siddhas and how they levitate, divine the future, materialize physical bodies in multiple locations at once, and the like. See, we span the spectrum too, just not in your average yoga class.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    One of the things that I heard before hand, and then learned from personal experience is that 1) many people's auras are not worth reading, 2) most people auras are semi-generic, and 3) we usually have other/better things to be doing with our timing than paying deep attention to every person that we pass on the street. I was also told that lots of people will ask you to read their aura, though IME that's not particularly been the case.

Do you have a picture somewhere or something?
    *wonders what makes a particular person's aura worth reading as opposed to the others that apparently aren't, and what exactly makes an aura semi-generic... I thought people, at any rate, were generally unique individuals, despite the effort a lot of them seem to put into trying not to be...*

Well, that's me on my profile, I'm the one on the left, without the tail and whiskers I don't have too many photos of myself on the computer, so I doubt I'll come up with anything better in a hurry!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    *wonders what makes a particular person's aura worth reading as opposed to the others that apparently aren't, and what exactly makes an aura semi-generic... I thought people, at any rate, were generally unique individuals, despite the effort a lot of them seem to put into trying not to be...*

Well, that's me on my profile, I'm the one on the left, without the tail and whiskers I don't have too many photos of myself on the computer, so I doubt I'll come up with anything better in a hurry!
    Most people are relatively "mundane", mostly concerned about themselves and their own life, and are not especially developed/excelling in any particular area. Maybe that's not quite the case, but that's my short answer to your first question. People who are particularly developed or excel at something have more interesting features to observe. I'm still probably be unfairly harsh in my description here, but hope that by being harsher than is really warranted my answer will make more sense.