User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you don't want to take this seriously, or don't believe in this, or think its all junk, fine that's your opinion and your choice. But for those of us who are serious here, please leave us alone.

I'm not here to try and convince anyone of anything, only to share. Please don't try to convince us of anything or make fun of our thread.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    White/caucasian.
    ... ... Thank you captain obvious!

Seriously though, I was told it was a yellowish-white...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    I can't read auras, but I can read books, articles, and minds.
    You're a telepath?

As science progresses, things that used to belong to the paranormal realm are getting explained (for example hypnosis and the vibrations of gems/stones). Clearly, science doesn't have an explanation for this yet, at least not one they can prove. I actually posted about 'aura reading' in the synesthesia thread as well, as I don't know what the cause of me seeing colours is, really, though that one could idd be a plausible one. I'm pretty sure science still doesn't know either what the use is of synesthesia or if it's just a fluke. Personally, I find synesthesia quite handy.

I like to keep an open mind, and try things out, even when not scientifically proven, as science doesn't have all the answers either. If it works, brilliant, even if I don't fully understand how. If it doesn't, it might for someone else. And yes, some people are just wanna-bes.

Meanwhile...post a picture of yourself, smiley man, and let's see which colour you are
    Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Here is a picture, what's my colour?

I don't know you well enough for this, but I'd say a soft warm beige, at first glance.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

So aura is something one sees with his/her eyes?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Easiest that way yes, but I also base it on the feelings I get from the person. Dunno about others..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fascinating.

Try not to read my aura today, I'm nearly falling off of my chair at the moment.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

these questions are aimed at anybody -
    do you ever pick up an aura from somebody that completely conflicts with how you saw/related to that person before? that is, are there people you have disliked but after seeing their aura you found things to like about them? or people you liked, but were turned off when you saw their aura?
    or do you usually perceive an aura when you first meet the person, as a first impression?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

1) Can you "read auras"?
    By the definitions put forth in this thread, yes.
    2) What can you usually sense?
    One's emotional state, energy level, general thought train, possible intentions, and the like.
    3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
    It works because I am the way I am...Explaining it to others brings only difficulty. However, I would explain it as being attuned to the various 'wavelengths' of the frequencies which a person's mind emits.
    4) How did you learn this?
    I am, and always have been, a very intuitive person. Due to being a bit awkward as a child, spending my time observing human interactions assisted in bringing out the 'colors' and 'impressions' that I got from people. Meditation also helped me further it.
    5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
    Meditation with the breath control (naturally), and simply forcing myself to interact with more people.
    6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?
    No. Any questions you might have for me, I'll attempt to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    do you ever pick up an aura from somebody that completely conflicts with how you saw/related to that person before? that is, are there people you have disliked but after seeing their aura you found things to like about them? or people you liked, but were turned off when you saw their aura? or do you usually perceive an aura when you first meet the person, as a first impression?
    I usually always go off of my first impression of a person, and I have never been wrong yet. I don't 'look' for people's qualities, because I tend to accept them with positive and negative traits, but I don't associate with people who exude a 'negative energy', if you will.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmmm, it seems like several of our aura readers are INTJ's, I find that kinda surprising. I know some of the pagan groups teach how to read auras, are our INTJ's into pagan things by chance??? People that I've heard of that can read auras usually come from one or more of the following: pagan, metaphysical, martial arts [particularly internal styles], new age stuff, yoga/hinduism, taoism.

I'm surprised how many people here can see auras, I've heard that's tough and it usually takes people a while to go form sensing auras to being able to see colors in them. I rarely, almost never, see colors.

For me, I would say certain things exist on other levels of consciousness, an interaction occurs on the relevant other level of consciousness, I sense the interaction on the other level of consciousness, and then I convert that down to this level of existence. In essence, I sense the content and movement within another's kosha/subtle body and then interpret as needed.

In regard to Kingfishers question: sometimes people have really good or bad days, or higher or lower times in their life. But for the most part I think people are generally relatively consistent. However, context/location can make a big difference, as can intoxication of substances. I think my initial observations are almost always born out over the long term, with exceptions being maybe if i meet someone when they are having a really bad day. Sometimes I do take people's intentions as being more than they actually are. This might be an INFP idealism/meaning well thing.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I tend to be able to asses a person pretty quickly due to body language and such, with Ne.

But hmm, my eyes are incapable of seeing these aura's. I think it might maybe just be an emotional response to what Ne sees? Like a translator of sorts.

I mean, how else would you explain being able to read aura's from photo's. It's not like brain waves emit from photographs. So it might be an emotional trigger in the brain translating the image.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf