User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    The thing is with any skill it takes practise and it's hard to hone this one as it is still not understood how it exactly works. So yes, I agree she should fess up to making a mistake. I disagree that that means it doesn't work. Just as when you'd say that if you shoot an arrow and can't manage to do so, the concept of bow and arrow is therefore something that cannot work. It just takes practise to get it right.
    I didn't say it doesn't work. But when I see her trying to squirm her way out of it, I will think twice about how serious she is about that stuff. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yeah well, a bad craftsman blames the tools, unfortunately

And..I have to admit defeat as well.

I took a look at your pics, Scott...One gives me a blue-white feeling, the other a soft orange. Now I have to admit that your profile and posts have always had a soft amber-orange feel, so I'd go with that one...no clue though what it means and if it answers your questions

As for the intensity, I'd say it fluctuates. I'm basing this on both that one pic and your posts now. You have a glint of intensity that can surface at any time I'd guess, but it seems to be mostly in a state of rest. Compare to for instance a tiger who's lounging about but still will notice everything that goes on in his environment (not saying this is your totem, just telling you this as a clarification of what I meant).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Someone told me they saw the aura of the massage therapist who was about to work on me. Otherwise, can't remember if anyone has said outright "aura" to me.

I'm not sure if someone talks about people's "auras" if they mean literally they see something physical and it is an aura, or they mean more metaphorically. Like saying someone has a "great presence" or a "beautiful spirit" or is "an old soul".

Personally, it's a little pet peeve of mine when people announce to everyone that they are psychic. I think if it's true you don't need to announce it to strangers unless you plan on doing party tricks or you are working (as a psychic).

It's unsettling at the very least to announce that to strangers and at worst a mind game. I had a friend who went to interview for a roommate slot in a group house and one of her potential roommates announced off the bat, 'I'm psychic and I can tell things about people'. Ridic. My friend was so uncomfortable she wanted to bounce right away.

Also, if the person seriously believes they are psychic depending on how they think they are psychic - it can smack of hubris. Like extreme Intuitive confidence that you can correctly "read" people and if they deny it they are lying.

I do believe in powers outside of what science/medicine can explain but I don't believe in 100% omniscience or accuracy even for people who might have supernatural abilities. I think it mostly falls into the realm of "random", "uncontrollable", and "unexplained".

PS If anyone can actually read auras, please read mine. Thanks.
    As for using "auras" in a sentence I can go either way, I sense non-physical things outside of your physical body, or as in a matter of speech such as "they have an aura of dignity about them."

You'll almost never hear me call myself psychic, though I might say "psychic-level capacities" or "I can do things that other people might describe as psychic" or "psychic-like" or "I have sensitivities/awarenesses beyond the typical". There are things beyond psychic, they are more important. My eastern bias shows through there huh?

People who make apoint to tell others that, I've never really understood it. I get that they might be looking for others who are too and want to talk to them, but it seems so defining or excluding or something. I don't go around telling people I just met that I am vegetarian for example. If they asked I'd tell them no problem, but I see no point in bringing it up out of the blue to someone I just met and know almost nothing about.

You got some pictures somewhere or something that I can go off??? Also, I might sense things but not consider them worthwhile enough to mention, or I might not really notice things. I've been in situations where people have asked, and nothing especially stands out one way or another at least nothing exotic, and so then everythign I can comment on is basically an extension of body language and such. For example "you think a lot", "your very sociable and friendly" "your very physically active" etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yeah well, a bad craftsman blames the tools, unfortunately

And..I have to admit defeat as well.

I took a look at your pics, Scott...One gives me a blue-white feeling, the other a soft orange. Now I have to admit that your profile and posts have always had a soft amber-orange feel, so I'd go with that one...no clue though what it means and if it answers your questions

As for the intensity, I'd say it fluctuates. I'm basing this on both that one pic and your posts now. You have a glint of intensity that can surface at any time I'd guess, but it seems to be mostly in a state of rest. Compare to for instance a tiger who's lounging about but still will notice everything that goes on in his environment (not saying this is your totem, just telling you this as a clarification of what I meant).
    Colors as feelings, hmmm. To the extent that I can relate to colors I associate them with traditional aura color interpretations. Looking stuff up earlier, I saw that orange was apparently like an adventuresome color. Red is more like physicality per se. I do do scenic driving and hikes, which I'd guess would be more blue [calmness], and green [healing, connection to nature], but I guess orange could fit? Denver is very physically active, maybe I'm picking that up from my more athletic achieving goal-oriented outdoorsy city-mates??? Let me ask a question: is it common for people to see color(s) and not know how to interpret them? IME the answer often seems to be yes. Ooh, so you get feelings from people's [or at least mine perhaps?] posts? I must say I can't do that. Getting emails from people I know I can sometimes feel the impingement of the authors thought-forms, but from people I don't know yeah not so much. So the colors you mentioned above, do any of them carry particular meanings with respect to you noticing them from me? I feel like my aura is much less green than it used to be, and other people have mentioned small amounts of orange. Have you gotten any particular vibes from my posts that I should be aware of, or that you are willing to share? I wanna take and post a pic of me after doing some of my breathing methods training. That might get pretty interesting.

I feel like when I look at pics of me they are healthier than I'd expect them to be [apparently I feel internally more distracted than I actually am/give off???], but when I look further out, say 2-4 feet, I sense like the things there are too rushed. As in being performed too fast or not taking the time to experience the moment properly. Instead of being my in-the-moment living-for-the-experience NFP self, like there is a TJ-ish external influence pushing me to be "faster" about things. I often directly feel that around many INTJ individuals. I think you wrote somewhere that your boyfriend is Ni-Te which would mean INTJ. Have you ever noticed similar experiences, like you feel "rushed" about things especially emotionally?

In chinese martial arts there is the concept of "explosive force" wherein basically one is generally at rest/relaxation, but in a moment of need you controllably tense and direct all of your strength in a very "explosive" manner. For comparison, people other people often hold muscular tension while awaiting something, and then in the moment of exertion part of their effort is wasted in fighting themself, or if you prefer lost as resisitive friction in then muscular/skeletal system. My taoist training in particular emphasizes general relaxation with the ability to instantaneously generate and direct focused attention. My yogic training is generally far more "constant equal level of exertion/awareness."

So now that you've read me some, do I get to read you at all??? Feel free to say no, not a problem. While not lying or anything, I'm mostly playing around with you. If you wanted me to I could give it a try, but mostly I'm trying to be cute and funny here. You know its funny, I swear that like every ENFP that I've ever met that I can think of has been quite "cute". Its like you all were forced to drink some "special cute sauce" before being born or something... However, I think that when we INFP's were in the same boat we were only give the "how to be an adorable little kid" sauce, which wears out maybe around the teenage years or so? But you, you ENFP'S your "special cute sauce" lasts forever, or at least until your 40's or so. Not fair!!!
    I want to be more ENFP-like!!! At least selectively and at the moments of my choosing.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I think the ability to understand non-verbal clues in a very profound way, to the point where you can call it an aura, is a skill that is firmly underrated and worthy of respect.

Would those of you who can read auras be so kind. I included different situations at different periods to ensure one particular mood did not throw it off.

Pictures by meyer7717 - Photobucket

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Would those of you who can read auras be so kind. I included different situations at different periods to ensure one particular mood did not throw it off.

Pictures by meyer7717 - Photobucket
    What I sense: your aura is big, both pranically and emotionally. At moments I could pass you for an ENFJ [thats impressions, not aura reading]. You seem quite healthy overall and I am generally quite impressed! Maybe you can pass along your secrets to some of your other NT brethren for me???

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If what i sens eis accurate, you seem to have a lot more going on emotionally than most NT's I'm used to and your feelings/emotions seem well developed. Other NT's I've know seem to have little trust or interest in there emotions. Woohoo for balanced NT's!

Kind words. Thank you. By the way did you read my shirt in the first pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    If what i sens eis accurate, you seem to have a lot more going on emotionally than most NT's I'm used to and your feelings/emotions seem well developed. Other NT's I've know seem to have little trust or interest in there emotions. Woohoo for balanced NT's!
    All of these pics were taken in the years following my divorce. The divorce forced me to face emotions for the first time in my life. I never grew so much as during that period. Worst but also the best thing I have ever went through.