User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I am hugely prescient, to the point of it being a bother. Today's example, and this is a very small one, but this happens multiple times a week to me -- I went into an attorney's office today to make a personal business phone call, which we secretaries sometimes do because we need a little privacy -- and while I was on hold and thinking of nothing in particular, a little scenario drifted through my mind, something like "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I didn't mean to inconvenience you." I know enough about how this works to just observe it and let it go. A couple of seconds after I noticed what was drifting by my mind (something like a daydream), one of the other secretaries came in and showed me an email she had printed out from said attorney, asking if someone were on his phone in his office because they were screwing up his phone line. Upon which I said "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I'll get off the phone right now."

This happens to me all. the. time. The events are not particularly significant, I just often daydream something that happens almost right after. I have personal experience of time not being linear. You can think I'm woo-woo all you want; sometimes I even think it's a little woo, but it happens and that's my reality so I have to accept it.

I took a course in massage therapy and I did that work part-time for a little while and I did pick up bad energy from other people via touch, and was not good at letting go of it. I also would just get messages about people's ailments, for example, I remember once doing shiatsu on a man's foot, and it popped into my head that he had a problem with his intestines, and I said it aloud because it was just a realization that popped into my head and took me by surprise -- and I was right. I once knew a woman was pregnant when she was just at the stage of it showing up on the stick, and she hadn't told anyone. I just got that message, it just popped into my head when I started touching her, like "Oh, you're pregnant!" Once I gave a massage and this person had very very heavy energy. I was doing long Swedish massage strokes on his back. I asked him later if he felt anything in particular or had any visualizations, and he said he felt like I was pushing something heavy and dark out of him, and that's exactly what I felt, too, like I had got ahold of something in his aura and was pulling it away from him. We both felt me pulling it away from him. ETA: because of that experience, I tend to believe in Reiki, and Reiki masters claim they can work on you from a distance.

I don't see auras, though.

I have a lot of that kind of stuff. There's nothing I can do about it so I just relax about it as best I can.

ETA: I have "heard" people thinking stuff. Someone will stop and grope for a word, and the image will pop into my head and I'll say it for them, as if they'd said it, like "Oh, yeah, Elvira." Stuff they're thinking that's off the wall, not like just completing someone's sentence. This is another thing I keep under my hat, so to speak, but sometimes I think to myself, "I CAN HEAR YOU THINKING IT" and I watch the person do what I know they are thinking, or I say it aloud for them and watch them freak, "I was just thinking that!"
    I believe you, sometimes I think INFJs just feel too strongly but I just have to accept that. Not to mention my own experiences which I can explain logically and yet somehow people still won't understand (IMO they don't want to out of fear) except for maybe the INFJ, I think because we share that Ni dominant function. I'm not very emotional but I'm intensely spiritual, I've gone through many changes over the years, and I have a close infj friend who saw me go through these radical experiences and he believed me, and probably kept me sane because I would of just went crazy if no one understood.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    why would people of a "better" social class have greater emissions? i am confused.
    1) It's not better, its different. Better at some things, not as good at others.
    The best analogy I can think of is body physiques of people who exercise alot. A swimmer looks different from a rock climber looks different from a jogger looks different from a weight lifter probably looks different from a martial artist. All have cultivation, just different cultivations. When a person's chi, and other stuff as appropriate, restructures itself to form a specialized kind of "network" for lack of a better word, I call than "an aura [chi] configuration." Much of what interests me in reading other people's auras is finding people who have configurations and trying to understand what they mean and how they get made. I can reconfigure parts of my aura largely-at-will.

2) Overall, I'd say more well-to-do => greater depth of instantaneous experience, in many ways more "empowered", more surface, more transitory. Like a rollercoaster ride where things don't stay the same for very long but its presumably fun doing all the ups and downs! Just don't look too much for MEANINGFUL depth. auras often are extremely assertive and possibly quite pushy. All the above are generalizations, individuals can vary widely.

3) overall, I'd say less-money=> greater temporal stability, less "constantly looking for the newest thing" [note: I can sense acquisition and emission rates of certain things in auras], more okay with what is as it is, not always looking for the newest "neat shiny thing", often more connected when dealing with people, often interactions are more honest

To me, a lot of these things deal with flow rates, densities, assertions/pushes, and in particular the way an aura configures or integrates itself.

Sometimes the things I sense contain "hurt" though. All else being equal, more chi and/or a greater density of chi = better. Of course, more exercise, better food, breathing better, drinking more water, more sunlight, more time in nature, and other things will contribute to the quantity and quality of one's chi and the rest of one's aura. You can always work with what you've got. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people that I've met that have had "crazy awesome" levels of chi were very well to do. But many of the people that had "very strong levels of chi without any apparent indications of spiritual training" were from well-to-do backgrounds.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    1) It's not better, its different. Better at some things, not as good at others.
    The best analogy I can think of is body physiques of people who exercise alot. A swimmer looks different from a rock climber looks different from a jogger looks different from a weight lifter probably looks different from a martial artist. All have cultivation, just different cultivations. When a person's chi, and other stuff as appropriate, restructures itself to form a specialized kind of "network" for lack of a better word, I call than "an aura [chi] configuration." Much of what interests me in reading other people's auras is finding people who have configurations and trying to understand what they mean and how they get made. I can reconfigure parts of my aura largely-at-will.

2) Overall, I'd say more well-to-do => greater depth of instantaneous experience, in many ways more "empowered", more surface, more transitory. Like a rollercoaster ride where things don't stay the same for very long but its presumably fun doing all the ups and downs! Just don't look too much for MEANINGFUL depth. auras often are extremely assertive and possibly quite pushy. All the above are generalizations, individuals can vary widely.

3) overall, I'd say less-money=> greater temporal stability, less "constantly looking for the newest thing" [note: I can sense acquisition and emission rates of certain things in auras], more okay with what is as it is, not always looking for the newest "neat shiny thing", often more connected when dealing with people, often interactions are more honest

To me, a lot of these things deal with flow rates, densities, assertions/pushes, and in particular the way an aura configures or integrates itself.

Sometimes the things I sense contain "hurt" though. All else being equal, more chi and/or a greater density of chi = better. Of course, more exercise, better food, breathing better, drinking more water, more sunlight, more time in nature, and other things will contribute to the quantity and quality of one's chi and the rest of one's aura. You can always work with what you've got. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people that I've met that have had "crazy awesome" levels of chi were very well to do. But many of the people that had "very strong levels of chi without any apparent indications of spiritual training" were from well-to-do backgrounds.
    Hey scott have you heard of Wilhelm Reich, he was a suppressed scientist who seemed to have collected and bottled CHI, except he called it Orgone. He ran an electric motor with it too supposedly.
    Here's a video if you are interested.
    YouTube - Wilhelm Reich and the Orgone Energy

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

hey Scott, thanks! your last post really cleared up the social class thing for me. i can see what you are talking about now, it makes a lot of sense.
    haha, i guess sometimes i just get defensive about "lower" classes...

so when you are reading someone's aura, do social class and other issues like that affect you? i mean, is it hard to read an aura of someone who is very different culturally from you? if you have a strong relationship with someone, does the relationship (or your ideas about what the relationship is) affect your reading?

by the way, i really like the idea of auras being completely revealing of a person. it is ironic, i do not like the idea of people knowing a great deal about me, but i think there is something very comforting and comfortable in the idea of auras being very revealing. it is like a leveler of people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    hey Scott, thanks! your last post really cleared up the social class thing for me. i can see what you are talking about now, it makes a lot of sense.
    haha, i guess sometimes i just get defensive about "lower" classes...

so when you are reading someone's aura, do social class and other issues like that affect you? i mean, is it hard to read an aura of someone who is very different culturally from you? if you have a strong relationship with someone, does the relationship (or your ideas about what the relationship is) affect your reading?

by the way, i really like the idea of auras being completely revealing of a person. it is ironic, i do not like the idea of people knowing a great deal about me, but i think there is something very comforting and comfortable in the idea of auras being very revealing. it is like a leveler of people.
    I think auras contain ALL sorts of information for those capable of sensing them deeply. Always more layers of the onion so to speak.

A variety of things can stand out to me in a persons aura, and a number of those can be very impactful, either positively or negatively. How open someone's "heart" is, how interpersonally "warm" they are, how mentally active they are [I work with a lot of very cerebral people], how physically active they are, how balanced they are overall in their life, etc. The social class one, that often can be amongst the hardest for me. Okay, so someone is well to do and perky and very extraverted and seems to think that the world revolves around them; do I respect their perkiness and enthusiasm? do I think "hey, princess, get over yourself!", do I respect how into physical fitness they are? do I think less of them for being emotionally toying or catty with people?

Hmm, other cultures. I can be not as focused and/or grounded while traveling, which can diminish my sensitivities to "subtle things", but even then I still get general feelings about stuff: "this person is friendly, that person is mad, they exercise a lot, they are SO not focused!, etc"

MBTI
    GONE

Someone told me they saw the aura of the massage therapist who was about to work on me. Otherwise, can't remember if anyone has said outright "aura" to me.

I'm not sure if someone talks about people's "auras" if they mean literally they see something physical and it is an aura, or they mean more metaphorically. Like saying someone has a "great presence" or a "beautiful spirit" or is "an old soul".

Personally, it's a little pet peeve of mine when people announce to everyone that they are psychic. I think if it's true you don't need to announce it to strangers unless you plan on doing party tricks or you are working (as a psychic).

It's unsettling at the very least to announce that to strangers and at worst a mind game. I had a friend who went to interview for a roommate slot in a group house and one of her potential roommates announced off the bat, 'I'm psychic and I can tell things about people'. Ridic. My friend was so uncomfortable she wanted to bounce right away.

Also, if the person seriously believes they are psychic depending on how they think they are psychic - it can smack of hubris. Like extreme Intuitive confidence that you can correctly "read" people and if they deny it they are lying.

I do believe in powers outside of what science/medicine can explain but I don't believe in 100% omniscience or accuracy even for people who might have supernatural abilities. I think it mostly falls into the realm of "random", "uncontrollable", and "unexplained".

PS If anyone can actually read auras, please read mine. Thanks.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Amargith,

I posted some newpics of me on the bottom of page 397, would you be willing to take a look and note what you sense? If so, feel free to post or PM, either way is fine.

My thoughts: I am intense, and have lots of chi. But is it a good intense or a bad intense? Do I have that serious stern focused quasi-harsh focused-disciplined vibe that many advanced eastern yogis and meditators have? Keep working grasshopper!

addition: I'm also debating how open my crown and heart centers are, third eye should be too [sahasrara, anahata, ajna]. A friend had a hard time being in my personal area [ie bedroom/studyroom], or getting too close to me cuz it would overload his third eye and crown centers when he did.
    Last edited by Scott N Denver; 07-20-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: addition

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My parents have a cleaning lady that claims to be psychic and is also a magnetizer or whatever it's called in English.

Last week one of their cats dissappeared and didn't come back for two days. She immidiatly said the cat wasn't dead, but would never come back either. Presumably stolen. One hour later the cat was pawing the door. Yes, she said. It's not always exact. Sometimes divine powers interfere..

That's the one bit I have a problem with, with all psychic people. Their ability to justify everything. As if it's the most normal thing in the world. You can't go assuming divine intervention at the moment you're wrong. What are you trying to prove? Just say "Damn, I was wrong. I don't know why.". Maybe then the psychic people would at least save some face and credibility.

Making up excuses never works. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The thing is with any skill it takes practise and it's hard to hone this one as it is still not understood how it exactly works. So yes, I agree she should fess up to making a mistake. I disagree that that means it doesn't work. Just as when you'd say that if you shoot an arrow and can't manage to do so, the concept of bow and arrow is therefore something that cannot work. It just takes practise to get it right.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Amargith,

I posted some newpics of me on the bottom of page 397, would you be willing to take a look and note what you sense? If so, feel free to post or PM, either way is fine.

My thoughts: I am intense, and have lots of chi. But is it a good intense or a bad intense? Do I have that serious stern focused quasi-harsh focused-disciplined vibe that many advanced eastern yogis and meditators have? Keep working grasshopper!

addition: I'm also debating how open my crown and heart centers are, third eye should be too [sahasrara, anahata, ajna]. A friend had a hard time being in my personal area [ie bedroom/studyroom], or getting too close to me cuz it would overload his third eye and crown centers when he did.
    Told you before, I am not trained in this though. This is somethign I haven't exactly focussed on in my craft. But I'll give it a shot.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”