User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    One INFP in my previous work place went regularly to aura readings. He also did yoga and was a vegetarian. Many people thought him as the funny sort of guy. I though his experiences and view on life was refreshingly different and interesting. Too bad I cannot remember what he told me about aura readings and how his aura was said to be.
    Hmmm, THAT sounds vaguely familiar for some reason

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

For those who can do so, and are willing to publicly state it:
    1) Can you "read auras"?
    Negative.
    2) What can you usually sense?
    How much someone dislikes me.
    3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
    I can't, but when enough people will go anything to avoid you, it becomes automatic.
    4) How did you learn this?
    Time.
    5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
    I study body language, so that I can better understand the hordes of S's that surround me.
    6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?
    I used to be prescient.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I am hugely prescient, to the point of it being a bother. Today's example, and this is a very small one, but this happens multiple times a week to me -- I went into an attorney's office today to make a personal business phone call, which we secretaries sometimes do because we need a little privacy -- and while I was on hold and thinking of nothing in particular, a little scenario drifted through my mind, something like "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I didn't mean to inconvenience you." I know enough about how this works to just observe it and let it go. A couple of seconds after I noticed what was drifting by my mind (something like a daydream), one of the other secretaries came in and showed me an email she had printed out from said attorney, asking if someone were on his phone in his office because they were screwing up his phone line. Upon which I said "I'm sorry, I had no idea, I'll get off the phone right now."

This happens to me all. the. time. The events are not particularly significant, I just often daydream something that happens almost right after. I have personal experience of time not being linear. You can think I'm woo-woo all you want; sometimes I even think it's a little woo, but it happens and that's my reality so I have to accept it.

I took a course in massage therapy and I did that work part-time for a little while and I did pick up bad energy from other people via touch, and was not good at letting go of it. I also would just get messages about people's ailments, for example, I remember once doing shiatsu on a man's foot, and it popped into my head that he had a problem with his intestines, and I said it aloud because it was just a realization that popped into my head and took me by surprise -- and I was right. I once knew a woman was pregnant when she was just at the stage of it showing up on the stick, and she hadn't told anyone. I just got that message, it just popped into my head when I started touching her, like "Oh, you're pregnant!" Once I gave a massage and this person had very very heavy energy. I was doing long Swedish massage strokes on his back. I asked him later if he felt anything in particular or had any visualizations, and he said he felt like I was pushing something heavy and dark out of him, and that's exactly what I felt, too, like I had got ahold of something in his aura and was pulling it away from him. We both felt me pulling it away from him. ETA: because of that experience, I tend to believe in Reiki, and Reiki masters claim they can work on you from a distance.

I don't see auras, though.

I have a lot of that kind of stuff. There's nothing I can do about it so I just relax about it as best I can.

ETA: I have "heard" people thinking stuff. Someone will stop and grope for a word, and the image will pop into my head and I'll say it for them, as if they'd said it, like "Oh, yeah, Elvira." Stuff they're thinking that's off the wall, not like just completing someone's sentence. This is another thing I keep under my hat, so to speak, but sometimes I think to myself, "I CAN HEAR YOU THINKING IT" and I watch the person do what I know they are thinking, or I say it aloud for them and watch them freak, "I was just thinking that!"

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I lost my prescience when I turned 12, and based off of my last vision, I should be dead in about another year or two.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I cannot see auras although I believe others can. I took a spiritual healing class recently and aura "reading" was part of it so I figured I'd see them by the end but instead you put your hands near the person and felt their aura. Or if you are like me, you put your hands near the person and hoped you were kinda sorta close to maybe feeling something. Plus you had to repair aura holes and disconnect anyone corded to the person. I can surrender disbelief enough to do this (you connect to a healing guide who instructs where to put your hands etc.) but don't feel it as strongly as other things I've done.

I had a psychic reading a couple weeks ago and it started with the woman reading my aura (I've never had a "real" psychic reading or an aura reading before). She saw a rich green in my first (I'm not sure the correct terminology) aura layer, then a dusty grey (which sounds ominous) in the second, and yellow in the third and around my shoulders coming out like big daisy petals. She also said the amethyst she normally sees in the third was missing. The reading itself was quite accurate and helpful and all I had shared was my full name, birthdate, and age. Someone whose opinion I highly trust had recommended her or I wouldn't have tried it.

Just an aside about the religion thing - I used to belong to a women's spirituality group at the local Unitarian church and I was the only non-pagan in the group.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

what are some of the strangest, oddest, most troubling, best, or most interesting things that you've read in auras?

The one that bothers me the most is social class. That makes for some VERY real differences in aura structure IME. It also brings up also sorts of questions relating to value judgements, questions that I refuse to engage in, at least in a x is better period than y kind of way. I keep reminding myself "I respect an aura configuration to the extent that it is healthy and effective. There are many different ways of being healthy and effective." I've seen good and bad examples of aura configurations across the socioeconomic spectrum. I wish there was a way of taking the goods parts of that from one group and "giving" or whatever that to other groups. Me and my idealism again.

Of course there are all sorts of things to sense in people: self-centeredness, apathy, mental derangement, history of drug or alcohol use, hallucination, are all pretty not-not-noticeable IME. Like you'll casually be doing something else not even paying attention beyond that activity, and then POW its in your face in a totally undeniable and unavoidable way. Not that it takes something away from me, but you can't not see it. Kinda like bright sunshine, you could be looking somewhere else doing something else and it just impinges itself upon you.

My favorite thing to look at: saints and very spiritually evolved people

another fun thing to look at: laid back open warm caring people, preferably outdoorsy/hippie-ish. Ahh, Colorado

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    The one that bothers me the most is social class. That makes for some VERY real differences in aura structure IME.
    are you saying you can see/read a person's social class in their aura? or does a person's social class impact how you see their aura?
    to me, social class seems like it would have no bearing on a person's aura.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    are you saying you can see/read a person's social class in their aura? or does a person's social class impact how you see their aura?
    to me, social class seems like it would have no bearing on a person's aura.
    in. more correctly, expressed through. It's in the chi, in a broad sense of the word [ie not just chi as in the chi body, but calling all subtle energies chi]. Some of it has to do with "flow velocities" if you will. A lot of it has to do with, quantity of emitted/radiated chi outward/perpendicular to the flow velocity direction. For example, chi flow around someone's arm follows their arm [wei chi or guardian chi does IME], but also other chi is emitted perpendicular to the arm. Remember, in addition to the stable flows within the system, we are also always taking things in and giving things off. Simply put, more well to do people often have a greater quantity of these emissions, their immediate feeling is often deeper but also temporaly [sp?] shorter. I could explain better if I was talking to someone in person and could point to things. Words are all we have here though.

Another one I remembered. Chalk this up to the odd or "wish I didn't know" category: people's level of horniness/randiness. Also in the chi. Usually expressed by the chi as "a desire to merge with another's chi". Not just participate in, but merge with. My awarenesses have changed over time, and fortunatelyt I don't sense that one too often anymore. It was always definitely in the "would rather not know" category when I could sense it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Simply put, more well to do people often have a greater quantity of these emissions, their immediate feeling is often deeper but also temporaly [sp?] shorter.
    why would people of a "better" social class have greater emissions? i am confused.

MBTI
    INFJ

1) Can you "read auras"?
    No
    2) What can you usually sense?
    At times I seem to pick up on the feelings and thoughts of people I am in close proximity to.
    3) How does that work for you, or how would you explain this to others?
    Thoughts just pop into my head and I know it has come from a particular person. I don't know if I'm actually picking up on their thoughts or its just my imagination.
    4) How did you learn this?
    No idea
    5) Are there things that you do to improve this?
    No
    6) Any other thoughts or things you want to share?

I had an aura reading not so long ago, but by taking a picture and having it interpreted. Not sure how accurate those things really are, but I found the interpretation to be quite spot on in terms of how I am as a person.