User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I can't see auras myself, but I believe it's possible for others to do so. I have an "ability" that I don't like to discuss either because you get tired of arguing with the non believers. You learn that sometimes it's a waste of time, mainly it's with sensors, you learn to communicate with those who are receptive to it.

Don't get me wrong though, I also believe there's plenty of con artists out there out to make a buck. This also just adds to the skeptic's belief that everyone is faking it.

Oh and by the way, they already made a real aura camera, kirlian photography also existed before that, showing the "phantom effect" in organic objects....so as far as auras go, they are a thing of the past for me, and the technology is there so we don't necessarily have to possess the ability ourselves to see it anymore.
    Let me find the link
    YouTube - Kirlian Imaging Reiki, Aura, Energy Field, New Age

Here's another interesting one on Kirlian photography
    YouTube - Kirlian Photography Explanation

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Oh and by the way, they already made a real aura camera, kirlian photography also existed before that, showing the "phantom effect" in organic objects....so as far as auras go, they are a thing of the past for me, and the technology is there so we don't necessarily have to possess the ability ourselves to see it anymore.
    Let me find the link
    YouTube - Kirlian Imaging Reiki, Aura, Energy Field, New Age

Here's another interesting one on Kirlian photography
    YouTube - Kirlian Photography Explanation
    Allegedly, this special method of "photographing" objects is a gateway to the paranormal world of auras. Actually, what is recorded is due to quite natural phenomena such as pressure, electrical grounding, humidity and temperature. Changes in moisture (which may reflect changes in emotions), barometric pressure, and voltage, among other things, will produce different 'auras'.

Living things...are moist. When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object. This moisture is transferred from the subject to the emulsion surface of the photographic film and causes an alternation of the electric charge pattern on the film. If a photograph is taken in a vacuum, where no ionized gas is present, no Kirlian image appears. If the Kirlian image were due to some paranormal fundamental living energy field, it should not disappear in a simple vacuum (Hines 2003).
    bom

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    bom

Was that a debunk?
    Cuz You didn't explain the phantom effect....

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^It's interesting that you are so quick to dismiss these things. I get it, they've explained it, demystified it and it turned out not to be what others who see these things, hypothesized. So what? It doesn't mean that what they perceive isn't there. It just means that what they could not test, but hypothesized to be the reason, wasn't valid.

Science and spiritualism should be helping one another, not be fighting each other, imo. Most of those 'paranormal' things do work, ime, however, it's when people start explaining this stuff as if they know how it works exactly, that they make mistakes. We don't always know how it works, that's why its part of the 'mystical' or 'occult' stuff. It would however be stupid not to use something that clearly works, even if you don't precisely know how. I mean, you turn on your tv probably every day, do you know exactly how it works? You're just glad it does, and you'll yell "stupid machine" at it if it doesn't. You don't understand it enough to fix it at that point though.

Science on the other hand, can help us explain things like this. For instance, this aura thing, or the vibrations of stones, or hypnotism even. I do find it sad that it kinda takes the mystique out if, but the benefit is that you can use it more effectively. That being said, you have to keep in mind that science, or our understanding of it, isn't perfect either. We don't know everything yet, and commonly held beliefs in the scientific world are regularly shaken about for some groundbreaking new theory that then turns out to prove us all wrong.

So both sides should just stop getting on their high horse. The answer, imo, is in the synthesis of the two.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

No offense, but spirituality (as people see it) is just a means to explain scientifically unexplainable phenomenon to me.

So basicly what I'm saying is I don't think spirituality exists. But I'm not saying there may be merit and truths in many spiritual beliefs. Just not in the way spiritualists believe them.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

he said "assuming moisture is present on the object..." but when doing the phantom experiment it states the leaf was covered in plastic and the phantom appeared through the barrier. They claim it wasn't possibly moisture in their controlled experiment.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So?

Perhaps it was air movement, or air structure. Or maybe even magnetism, everything attracts, so heavy leaf particles may influence the lighter air particles around to a certain point. I don't know! My point still stands. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ^^It's interesting that you are so quick to dismiss these things. I get it, they've explained it, demystified it and it turned out not to be what others who see these things, hypothesized. So what? It doesn't mean that what they perceive isn't there. It just means that what they could not test, but hypothesized to be the reason, wasn't valid.

Science and spiritualism should be helping one another, not be fighting each other, imo. Most of those 'paranormal' things do work, ime, however, it's when people start explaining this stuff as if they know how it works exactly, that they make mistakes. We don't always know how it works, that's why its part of the 'mystical' or 'occult' stuff. It would however be stupid not to use something that clearly works, even if you don't precisely know how. I mean, you turn on your tv probably every day, do you know exactly how it works? You're just glad it does, and you'll yell "stupid machine" at it if it doesn't. You don't understand it enough to fix it at that point though.

Science on the other hand, can help us explain things like this. For instance, this aura thing, or the vibrations of stones, or hypnotism even. I do find it sad that it kinda takes the mystique out if, but the benefit is that you can use it more effectively. That being said, you have to keep in mind that science, or our understanding of it, isn't perfect either. We don't know everything yet, and commonly held beliefs in the scientific world are regularly shaken about for some groundbreaking new theory that then turns out to prove us all wrong.

So both sides should just stop getting on their high horse. The answer, imo, is in the synthesis of the two.
    I totally agree with everything you just said. Did you know the dude who invented tv was trying to invent a device to communicate with spirits? I guess alot of the best inventions are just accidents, like kirlian photography.

It's not that I'm getting "high on my horse"
    The guy just simply ommitted the most important point, the phantom effect.
    I wonder if he's even heard of it till today though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    So?

Perhaps it was air movement, or air structure. Or maybe even magnetism, everything attracts, so heavy leaf particles may influence the lighter air particles around to a certain point. I don't know! My point still stands. :P
    I doubt the researchers were that retarded, if we can think of these variables, I'm sure they would have done so as well.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Oh I wasn't addressing you with the high horse, it was meant in general. I'm part of the pagan community, or I was, and I was raised in a family that worships Science, so I've seen both sides getting pedantic, arrogant and pretty much dismissive and disrespectful of each other. Sad really, as they could learn so much from each other.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”