• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ayn Rand: The Ultimate INTJ

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I always wondered why people were intrested in typing Nietzsche rather than Gina Wild i.e.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
She was an embarrassing pseudo-intellectual with a serial killer fetish and a logically incoherent ideology. She may have been an INTJ, but so was Lenin, Stalin, and maybe Hitler (although INFJ is more likely in his case).

ahr2nd

MBTI Type
INFX
She was an embarrassing pseudo-intellectual with a serial killer fetish and a logically incoherent ideology. She may have been an INTJ, but so was Lenin, Stalin, and maybe Hitler (although INFJ is more likely in his case).

Does that mean you have a favorable opinion of her?

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
As soon as you believe you have it, you have truly lost it, as the desire for it originates from a subjective experience. You believe you have it, then you purview the footsteps of your subjective experience behind you and seek to destroy them out of desperation. If you are wise, you will not destroy these footsteps, but walk back over them until you return to the reality which is your subjective, wisp of a life and thank God for the simplicity of love.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
She takes the potential, a few key ideas and pushes them to the extreme. Its fucking fiction! She intended it to be that way. It reminds me of the satirical, dystopian fiction that Vonnegut puts out.

Your opinion is misinformed. Objectivism is a philosophical movement started by Rand separate to her literary works.

There was Rand the Author, and Rand the Philospher / Social architect.

http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=objectivism_nonfiction

My take:
  • She is out of touch. Ni run amok. Underdeveloped Se. Clearly seen in her interview, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ukJiBZ8_4k
  • As a social plaftorm for change and useable moral philosophy it fails badly
  • Exciting and influential fiction writer though. I read her books as a teenager and loved them. Rational exuberance and freedom to a young critical mind. I've grown up since then and realise its rather naive and childish for the most part.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who is arguing that Rand is not an INTJ? Ni dom and inferior Fi seem so evident.

I still can't figure out why everyone gets their panties in a bundle' over Rand though, lol. There are many, many other controversial writers as well. I suppose her altruism attacks leave many unesettled and disturbed. Though anything that one finds deeply unsettling should probably be looked at carefully. It is good to challenge your own beliefs, and Rand certainly does this. She takes the potential, a few key ideas and pushes them to the extreme. Its fucking fiction! She intended it to be that way. It reminds me of the satirical, dystopian fiction that Vonnegut puts out. Welcome to the Monkey Box. Harrison Bergeron. I enjoyed these as well. It was mentioned in another thread, and I'm going to repeat it.. saying that Rand is worthless is more of a reflection on the reader than Rand.

I think I will go buy a bumper sticker today that reads "Rand is coming for YOU!"

Better? (TBF, everything of hers I've read was fictional)