User Tag List

First 123 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yeah, the ultimate INTJ, with Nietzche and Ann Coulter.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Ginkgo

Don't forget Kant.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Don't forget Kant.
    I can't fathom how he can be confused with an INTP, but it happens.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think I've read all of her significant books. The Foutainhead was really good but the other ones were kind of boring.

As far as her philosophy goes, there are some interesting tidbits but she was a bit of a loon IMO.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I can't fathom how he can be confused with an INTP, but it happens.
    The arguments I've heard usually state his categorical imperative to be some sort of Ti concoction. However, I don't think it's wise to type someone exclusively by their philosophies. Even a quick wiki search would reveal the structure in his behavior and how he conducted himself was very orderly. He wasn't a social creature, but he had a sense of duty and what "ought" to be, to the point of being Jung's extraverted thinking incarnate. He may have been a professor, but he was not absent minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yeah, the ultimate INTJ, with Nietzche and Ann Coulter.
    I am not sure whether that is a joke or not, but Nietzsche was hardly 'the ultimate INTJ'. The writer appears clearly so, but the person Nietzsche strikes me more as an INFJ. According to celebritytypes.com, Jung typed him as INxJ.

Ginkgo

Nietzsche is a mixed bag. His health problems hampered is potential to engage with the world; whatever extraversion he had was pretty feeble.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Who is arguing that Rand is not an INTJ? Ni dom and inferior Fi seem so evident.

I still can't figure out why everyone gets their panties in a bundle' over Rand though, lol. There are many, many other controversial writers as well. I suppose her altruism attacks leave many unesettled and disturbed. Though anything that one finds deeply unsettling should probably be looked at carefully. It is good to challenge your own beliefs, and Rand certainly does this. She takes the potential, a few key ideas and pushes them to the extreme. Its fucking fiction! She intended it to be that way. It reminds me of the satirical, dystopian fiction that Vonnegut puts out. Welcome to the Monkey Box. Harrison Bergeron. I enjoyed these as well. It was mentioned in another thread, and I'm going to repeat it.. saying that Rand is worthless is more of a reflection on the reader than Rand.

I think I will go buy a bumper sticker today that reads "Rand is coming for YOU!"
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The arguments I've heard usually state his categorical imperative to be some sort of Ti concoction. However, I don't think it's wise to type someone exclusively by their philosophies. Even a quick wiki search would reveal the structure in his behavior and how he conducted himself was very orderly. He wasn't a social creature, but he had a sense of duty and what "ought" to be, to the point of being Jung's extraverted thinking incarnate. He may have been a professor, but he was not absent minded.
    Agreed. I was originally on another thread about Bruce Lee's type where I commented to someone from celebritytypes.com that Kant's lifestyle was that of a J (INTJ, and not INTP as the site claimed). And on this thread, I commented that his philosophy was INTJ based on a really interesting quote I ran across online yesterday about Kant's philosophy. I shared the same quote on the Bruce Lee thread as further evidence - not the only evidence - of Kant's personality type.

So what I wrote above was part of a continuing thought-process that started on the other thread.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Who is arguing that Rand is not an INTJ? Ni dom and inferior Fi seem so evident.

I still can't figure out why everyone gets their panties in a bundle' over Rand though, lol. There are many, many other controversial writers as well. I suppose her altruism attacks leave many unesettled and disturbed. Though anything that one finds deeply unsettling should probably be looked at carefully. It is good to challenge your own beliefs, and Rand certainly does this. She takes the potential, a few key ideas and pushes them to the extreme. Its fucking fiction! She intended it to be that way. It reminds me of the satirical, dystopian fiction that Vonnegut puts out. Welcome to the Monkey Box. Harrison Bergeron. I enjoyed these as well. It was mentioned in another thread, and I'm going to repeat it.. saying that Rand is worthless is more of a reflection on the reader than Rand.

I think I will go buy a bumper sticker today that reads "Rand is coming for YOU!"
    Not to derail the thread, but Rand wrote more than fiction. She was life-and-death serious about her philosophical essays written mainly in the 1960s - 1975. And Galt's Speech was part of a fictional work, but the ideas in it were not fictional to Rand. (Maybe they are fiction to Rand-haters...)