User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Christianity Today Poll (same-sex marriages)

I just thought this was interesting, from a curiosity standpoint.

(The demographic would be people interested in Christianity Today who also were willing to visit the website and vote anonymously on the matter.)

Christianity Today Poll
    Should churches discipline pastors who are in faithful same-sex relationships?

9% -- Yes, if the church laws say pastors should be married or celibate.
    1% -- No, churches don't have a right to judge pastors' personal lives.
    81% -- Yes, such relationships are unbiblical.
    7% -- No, faithful same-sex relationships are as legitimate as heterosexual marriages.
    2% -- Other

Total Votes: 1450
    The current poll is, "Is it possible to change your sexual orientation?"
    Interesting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's a pretty conservative magazine, no?

My dad used to frequent an AOL chat sponsored by that mag. It got pretty wild in there. I had no idea people really believed some of these things before I visited there.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

81% bigots.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

*tries to keep mouth shut*... *fails*

I mean, no offense, and I'm not trying to judge homosexuals... But, let's put it this way: A Christian church, or at least one that follows the Bible, teaches against homosexuality... Think about this for a while. I mean, having a gay pastor is like... well.... having a drunk driver running a MADD meeting. It just doesn't add up.

Christian churches who prohibit gay pastors are not trying to be bigots; they're just following their own Bibles. I mean, okay, if a Christian doesn't live up to the Bible, he's often considered a hypocrite, and yet when he does, he's a bigot? That's rough...

And, beSIDES, the 81% didn't say they were "wrong" or "inferior" or "animals"; they said they were "unbiblical"...

Read your Bible, and you'll find this:

I Corinthians 6:9-10
    Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders Nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
    Then, how can you say having a gay pastor is Biblical?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    *tries to keep mouth shut*... *fails*

I mean, no offense, and I'm not trying to judge homosexuals... But, let's put it this way: A Christian church, or at least one that follows the Bible, teaches against homosexuality... Think about this for a while. I mean, having a gay pastor is like... well.... having a drunk driver running a MADD meeting. It just doesn't add up.

Oh I agree that it doesn't fit with the Church, it's modernism changing religion to suit a new morality, which is ace but if the bible is against homosexuality, and that's your preference, why then would you still want to be a Christian, and follow a god who doesn't want you?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow, 3 responses in 3 minutes!

Just to be perfectly clear: Ransomed, do not feel that you need to keep your mouth shut just because some of the people here will disagree with you, okay?

I think the discussion is a good thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Christian churches who prohibit gay pastors are not trying to be bigots; they're just following their own Bibles. I mean, okay, if a Christian doesn't live up to the Bible, he's often considered a hypocrite, and yet when he does, he's a bigot? That's rough...
    Not really, I would rather the hypocrite than the bigot.

Just a question: does Bible mentions anything against gays?
    Oh, ok, these are two questions actually: are Christian priests allowed to get married, anyway? I think at least orthodoxes and copts are not

I added to my post... sorry.... go check it out...
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Oh, ok, these are two questions actually: are Christian priests allowed to get married, anyway? I think at least orthodoxes and copts are not

Protestant pastors definitely are, and Greek Orthodox priests do. I'm not sure about the other churches with priests. I know Catholics don't.