• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
new avatar. fish girl.. her hair is phthalocyanine green. that's the explanation.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
her hair is phthalocyanine green.

yeah it is, exactly.
isn't it weird that pthalo green and pthalo blue look completely different?
i have always loved that pthalocyanine paints stay so transparent, and stay so vivid and powerful (and retain so much of their own color) when you add white.

S

Sniffles

Bugs Bunny disguised as Soviet leader Joseph Stalin, from the wartime cartoon Hare meets Herr. This was actually my avatar during my early days here.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My avatar represents infinity and also goes along with my religion Gnosticism.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i have an ouroboros bracelet that's pretty sweet. your av reminded me!

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
The guy in my avatar is from an Edward Hopper painting.

hopper.nighthawks.jpg

I always wanted to get a print of this painting and frame it. The guy sitting alone in his suave 50's getup always reminded me of some of the late night or early mornings I have had.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ 'nighthawks', i think. love this painting - captures a time and a place(and a loneliness) so beautifully.

isn't it weird that pthalo green and pthalo blue look completely different?

i think the phthalo green starts as a blue pigment, but has chlorine added to 'warm' the hue..some phthalo blue variants have copper oxides in them..or something..(science nerds - feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken) i'm not a chemist but i love paint!

i agree that the lightfastness and 'trueness' of the phthalocyanine colors make them most excellent.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I feel very much like a voodoo doll at times, with people sticking pins in me. Like an object that has no more value than that of a pincushion. Everyone thinks that I don't have feelings and could care less even if they thought I did.

Wow, that's awful :D

and i don't mean my lovely family's doing this. more the outside world. i am unacceptable. :rolli:

Wow, that's really sad. I have thought more than once that you have sounded interesting. I wonder what makes you so unacceptable...?

wolfy

awsm
My present one is because I have had a lifelong love affair with Spaghetti Westerns and The Man with No Name in all his manifestations. Yojimbo, A Fistful of Dollars, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly etc...it's the attitude, the ironic detachment.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
The guy in my avatar is from an Edward Hopper painting.

some people think the man with his back turned is a self-portrait by Hopper, but there's not really any evidence one way or another.

i think the phthalo green starts as a blue pigment, but has chlorine added to 'warm' the hue..some phthalo blue variants have copper oxides in them..or something..(science nerds - feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken) i'm not a chemist but i love paint!

i agree that the lightfastness and 'trueness' of the phthalocyanine colors make them most excellent.

i have almost no knowledge of the chemistry of paints, i only know them from a painter's persepctive, an aesthetic perspective.
i have less of a theoretical knowledge of paints, and more knowledge based on my own experience.
but i know what i like. :)

the phthalo colors seem very versatile to me. they change so much when they are thinned, and it seems like when they are mixed they aren't lost in the mix, they alter the mixed color without completely dominating it.
wheras cadmium colors are more like "hey, i'm cadmium. i only know how to do one thing." :rolleyes:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
My present one is because I have had a lifelong love affair with Spaghetti Westerns and The Man with No Name in all his manifestations....it's the attitude, the ironic detachment.

yeah, that is a character and series that i am especially attracted to also.
i really am drawn to the characters that Clint plays; dirty harry, his character in Gran Torino, etc.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly is one of my favorite movies, besides clint's character i especially like the dynamics between the three main characters- Blondie, Tuco, and Angel Eyes.

AlamoGoodBadUgly.jpg