Thread: Avatarism

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I am my current avatar.
    Aryans FTW
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

My present one is because I have had a lifelong love affair with Spaghetti Westerns and The Man with No Name in all his manifestations. Yojimbo, A Fistful of Dollars, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly etc...it's the attitude, the ironic detachment.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    The guy in my avatar is from an Edward Hopper painting.
    some people think the man with his back turned is a self-portrait by Hopper, but there's not really any evidence one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i think the phthalo green starts as a blue pigment, but has chlorine added to 'warm' the hue..some phthalo blue variants have copper oxides in them..or something..(science nerds - feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken) i'm not a chemist but i love paint!

i agree that the lightfastness and 'trueness' of the phthalocyanine colors make them most excellent.
    i have almost no knowledge of the chemistry of paints, i only know them from a painter's persepctive, an aesthetic perspective.
    i have less of a theoretical knowledge of paints, and more knowledge based on my own experience.
    but i know what i like.

the phthalo colors seem very versatile to me. they change so much when they are thinned, and it seems like when they are mixed they aren't lost in the mix, they alter the mixed color without completely dominating it.
    wheras cadmium colors are more like "hey, i'm cadmium. i only know how to do one thing."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    My present one is because I have had a lifelong love affair with Spaghetti Westerns and The Man with No Name in all his manifestations....it's the attitude, the ironic detachment.
    yeah, that is a character and series that i am especially attracted to also.
    i really am drawn to the characters that Clint plays; dirty harry, his character in Gran Torino, etc.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly is one of my favorite movies, besides clint's character i especially like the dynamics between the three main characters- Blondie, Tuco, and Angel Eyes.