• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Interpretation

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most recently, I've been hearing a bit about other peoples dreams. Some of them say that they dream they are running from something, but unable run fast enough to escape, or unable to scream. An INFJ told me an absurdly detailed story about gems and witches and magic things, which probably came about from all the reading she does. :smile:

I'm not sure that I can grasp my own dreams enough to interpret them, the only detail that I know I have is that I'm always trying to get (to) something, and I occasionally get a BOOO! kind of moment, where I suddenly leap up because something come out and hit me. And now that I think about it a bit, I realise that it involves people that I know well.

There may be a correlation to MBTI type as well, Doctor Phil has made a personality assessment test that asks about your dreams, it gives you multiple choices from:
-Falling
-Fighting or struggling
-Searching for something or somebody
-Flying or floating
-You usually have dreamless sleep
-Your dreams are always pleasant

How do any of these say anything about you? Dreams are obviously deeply connected to psychology, Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud were supposedly both "Dream Theorists".

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I had a dream last night that was interesting.

I lived in a house. I found dead animals all around the yard. I later found a shed outside where a boy that lived nearby that was ~10 years old was killing animals and storing them in this shed. I then found out about a girl with a gazebo next to the shed. This girl had a huge amount of pets. She loved animals and cared for them in her gazebo. I was so enraged by what the boy was doing to the animals in his shed, that I thought of an idea to set his shed on fire. I went to tell the girl about the idea and then I woke up.

I talked about this in vent this morning. I realized that last night I was killing a lot of bugs in my kitchen with a spray RAID bottle. I was excited about killing the bugs so much last night and it was fun. A guy in vent suggested that the boy and girl represented two aspects of my personality, one was a sadistic killer and the other is a warmhearted person.

It was interesting nonetheless.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a dream last night that was interesting.

I lived in a house. I found dead animals all around the yard. I later found a shed outside where a boy that lived nearby that was ~10 years old was killing animals and storing them in this shed. I then found out about a girl with a gazebo next to the shed. This girl had a huge amount of pets. She loved animals and cared for them in her gazebo. I was so enraged by what the boy was doing to the animals in his shed, that I thought of an idea to set his shed on fire. I went to tell the girl about the idea and then I woke up.

I talked about this in vent this morning. I realized that last night I was killing a lot of bugs in my kitchen with a spray RAID bottle. I was excited about killing the bugs so much last night and it was fun. A guy in vent suggested that the boy and girl represented two aspects of my personality, one was a sadistic killer and the other is a warmhearted person.

It was interesting nonetheless.

yeah, pretty damn interesting :yes:. I wonder if the girl is your anima or something psycho like that? Perhaps the three people involved each represent 1 part of Freud's psychology, the boy killing the animals would be the ID, You were the Ego, the girl was the Super Ego. Id, ego, and super-ego - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That idea of the anima sounds interesting. I never knew about that. I'd have to think about it some more.

*Currently reading up on it all (hooray for Wikipedia!) :reading:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
What happens if you constantly dream about Zombies? What would Jung say about that?? I've dreamt of them so often that i'm at the point where when i have a zombie dream now it's lucid and i know i'm dreaming....

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I dreamt that I was shot in the head while riding in the backseat of a car.

It was not cool.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
one time i dreamt that i fell asleep and then had a dream. not sure how it ended but i remember that i woke up from the dream sleep into the encapsulating dream

no joke

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Holy shit, I just remembered that I had a lucid dream the other night!

I was like, "Wait a minute. This is a dream. SWEET, I can fly now! But I first need to compose myself so that I don't wake up out of excitement like last time," but it was no use! I was sucked out of my dream into grayness.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Nicotine patches work wonders for lucid dreaming - like 3D movie cinematography realistic dreaming. No lie.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What happens if you constantly dream about Zombies? What would Jung say about that?? I've dreamt of them so often that i'm at the point where when i have a zombie dream now it's lucid and i know i'm dreaming....
VVVV
Zombie
To dream that you are a zombie, denotes that you are physically and/or emotionally detached from people and situations that are currently surrounding you. You are out of touch. Alternatively, it may indicate that you are feeling dead inside and are simply going through the motions of daily living.

Sounds like horoscopes to me... but you aren't dreaming that you are a zombie, you're dreaming of zombies, so maybe you think that you're surrounded by people who are like this? ... How many ISTJs do you hang out with? lol

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I dreamt that I was shot in the head while riding in the backseat of a car.

It was not cool.
Sounds like you're watching to many action movies late at night, but supposedly the dream theorists say that the car tells you how much ambition you have, since you were in the back seat, it indicates low self esteem or low confidence.

To dream that you are shot, represents a form of self-punishment that you may be unconsciously imposing on yourself. You may have done something that you are ashamed of or are not proud of. If you are shot and come back as a different person, then it indicates that you to start fresh. You want to wipe the past away and literally become a new person.

Holy shit, I just remembered that I had a lucid dream the other night!

I was like, "Wait a minute. This is a dream. SWEET, I can fly now! But I first need to compose myself so that I don't wake up out of excitement like last time," but it was no use! I was sucked out of my dream into grayness.
flying is obviously the freedom side of things, perhaps you lost this anxiety thing, lol.

one time i dreamt that i fell asleep and then had a dream. not sure how it ended but i remember that i woke up from the dream sleep into the encapsulating dream

no joke

it's usually called 'the internet' when that happens...

Why did I start interpreting dreams, I don't even remember what this thread is about...

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I once had a dream about a church, and when I woke up I kept mumbling a name and it bugged me so much I looked it up online. Turns out the name was the name of a lake overlooked by the same church (from my dream) in Armenia. :shock:

Jack427

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dreams tend to be sci fi survival horror. Alot of the time in space.