• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To have answers or to have questions?

Which would you prefer to be?

• Total voters

Qre:us

Imagine a parallel universe where humans came in only one of two forms, those who asked only questions, and those who provided only answers. A questioner could never answer, all his/her dialogue were questions, and an answerer could never question, only respond to a question posed.

Which would you choose to be and why?

Well, in order to be able to formulate a 'true' question, one must have some background knowledge/'answers'....but, in this breed, this is not so. Somehow, these humans only know how to either: find the holes, hence ask questions (without knowing the full premise of the context), OR, explain the holes, hence, answer questions (without knowing the full premise of the context, i.e., that a question was needed in the first place, aka, there were holes - recognizing that, they can't, because they only deal with answers).

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Questions fo’ sure. I want to learn about everyone and everything and know other people's perspectives. I can learn more by asking questions then providing answers.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If I had all the answers, then I would have nothing to look forward to every day. Discoveries are what I live for. I wanna be the questioner.

S

Sniffles

Tough choice. I'm always seeking answers, and the answers I give seem to just provoke more questions(both in others and myself) - so I guess I'm more a questioner. My thoughts and speculations are always unfinished. I regret the fact that only a tiny fraction of them ever get pondered to a considerable extent, and even fewer are ever presented to others(well that's probably a relief to the poor souls who have bare through them :tongue:).

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
If I had all the answers, then I would have nothing to look forward to every day. Discoveries are what I live for. I wanna be the questioner.

Yep, the one thing that really makes life worth living to me is the fact that there is still so much to learn. Definately a questioner.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tough choice. I'm always seeking answers, and the answers I give seem to just provoke more questions(both in others and myself) - so I guess I'm more a questioner. My thoughts and speculations are always unfinished. I regret the fact that only a tiny fraction of them ever get pondered to a considerable extent, and even fewer are ever presented to others(well that's probably a relief to the poor souls who have bare through them :tongue:).

i'm all ears........purr purr purrrrr. seriously. let's hear em.......just one?

HA! Those who picked questioners, answered for the thread. :tongue:

Interesting reasons, I wonder if anyone will chose answerer and why....

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HA! Those who picked questioners, answered for the thread. :tongue:

Interesting reasons, I wonder if anyone will chose answerer and why....

k. answerer, cuz i'd like to know the answerS for a change.

wolfy

awsm
Hard, I haven't voted yet but I think I'll go answerer. Because in that kind of world you'd need me. The person with the answers would be the one earning the big money. And you could pose questions to yourself in your head. That's enough for me.

I'm going with answerer.

S

Sniffles

Hmmn maybe, I know there's one about the French revolution.

Anyways, I did post something that has relevance to this topic:
"...I have the constant problem of being unable to fully articulate my views. It isn't because my views are not fully developed to any extent, it mostly has to due to the fact that I'm an Introverted Intuitive, and Ni by nature is not something that can be fully expressed through words.

Not only that, as I mentioned elsewhere, Ni is all about Meta-perspective - seeing things from a full perspective. When you see things from the "50,000 ft." perspective, there's simply too much to describe and explain to somebody else. You literally have to see it for yourself to believe it. Bluewing in his INFJ profile mentioned that INFJs are often overwhelmed by the myriad of ideas that flow through their minds.

To add on to that, Ni is very random and irrational. The insights it provides don't come readily, and only appear momentarily. So only for short, but very intense, periods at a time can I ever articulate my views to a great extent. Unfortunately, too often right when I'm the middle of articulation, my mind literally goes blank.

Which in the end gives the impression of my thoughts being rather fragmentary in nature. The reality behind the actual words is far different, there's literally an entire universe other people simply don't see.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-blogs/6761-comprehensive-thoughts-3.html#post325729

So yes I constantly seek after answers, but they always elude my grasp. Answers are merely the starting point for new questions. It's both exciting and frustrating. :(

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
if there existed someone who knew all the answers, why would there be need for multiple "answerers?" are all the answerers in agreement and have drank the chalice of "absolute truth?" if the answers are all subjective AND incomplete and riddled with "holes" that the questioners are able to perceive, wouldn't it just create an endless feedback loop where both parties are paralyzed - one by skepticism and another by some sort of solipsism? would there even exist an answer if all the answers are full of holes and only lead to more questions? have the answers become questions and the questions, answers?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
An interesting spectacle.

Wolfy thinks he is an answerer. He is a questioner.
Peguy thinks he is a questioner. He is an answerer.

Only the questioner has got the answer.
The answer is in the question.
There is nothing in the answer.
Why?
The answer is an empty vessel.
It is only filled by the solution.
The solution is in the question.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
An interesting spectacle.

Wolfy thinks he is an answerer. He is a questioner.
Peguy thinks he is a questioner. He is an answerer.

Only the questioner has got the answer.
The answer is in the question.
There is nothing in the answer.
Why?
The answer is an empty vessel.
It is only filled by the solution.
The solution is in the question.

exactly.