• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am an atheist but...

Mole

Permabanned
"if you find a Religion to be false, do you inform its followers?" is one with a simple answer. No, you don't. Or more specifically, if they aren't hurting anyone, why bother?
For some, Faith is a shield from the chaos and suffering that is so common in this world. It gives them hope, meaning, and a sense of community. Who am I to take that away?

If the religion is violent and practises holy war, it is a matter of self defence to take it away.

And if the religion is totalitarian, it is the duty of liberal democracy to oppose it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just read this whole thread again after RaptorWizard dug it up.

Reading it all in one go makes me realize it's a totally moot proposition. The OP presumes that believers have never heard that there are people called "atheists" who don't believe in God and point to scientific evidence to support their claim. Do we think so little of religious people that we presume they live in a bubble where the tenets of atheism have never crossed their mind?

Don't confuse rejection of your position for failure to grasp it - that's the realm of hubris.