User Tag List

First 12

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oy vey. I getting over verklempt now!
    That's redundant. Unless, of course, you meant to say you are over overwrought in which case I'd suggest you consult a basic grammar primer.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    That's redundant. Unless, of course, you meant to say you are over overwrought in which case I'd suggest you consult a basic grammar primer.
    Guess you didn't inherit the sense of humour. Oh well!

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    And I think it wasn't so much that the Arabs were poor military stategists, I think the ordinary soldier didn't care enough about their cause. Sure there were extremists involved but most Arabs were forced to participate when it became a "with us or against us" situation. They weren't prepared to die for the cause. The Israelis had no choice but to fight to the very last.
    At a military history forum I post on, the issue concerning the quality of Arab militaries came up in the course of a wider discussion about what if the Cold War turned hot. Here's what one Russian member posted:
    "My grandpa was among the two divisions of military advisors that were sent to Egypt, and he was of a very low opinion of the Arabs as soldiers - corrupt and elitist officers' corps that all but negated the effect of Soviet training and soldiers that hardly had a notion of what "disipline" was. He was inspecting AA rocket installation not far from the Suez canal and he would sometimes find the Arabs having siesta in the midday with no one staying on duty."

View Single Post - Could the Soviet's have won a conventional war in Europe
    In the aftermath of the Six Day War, the Soviet military did conduct several studies into these issues as to why the Arabs did so poorly. They concluded that the Arab militaries did indeed lack significant discipline and failed to properly conduct themselves in accordance with the weaponry and tactics they were taught.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

The Israeli's could mobilize a huge number of forces, plus, they had a large number of NT commanders.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Israel was in touch with reality while the Islamic States were not.
    I would prefer to say that Israel was in touch with Western countries and the aide that followed, but that's just me.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

OP, you need to look at Sun Tsu's Art of War. He says thaat when men stand on death ground, they fight with abandon. It means when you beleive you are going to die, you fight at your peak. The Israeli's stood on death ground, so they fought hard.