User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Sounds like typical fluffy ENFP paranoid reading. Are all NF's conspiracy theorists?
    Synarch, I recommend this book to you. Everything in this book is very well documented, and it has spun the head of everyone I recommended it to, including my last History Professor at UT, who nearly mocked me (like you) when I merely explained the book to him. After he had read it, he called me up after class one day and said, "You know I can't teach this stuff in class, 90% of the people out there are so set in what they think the government is and how it works, I just couldn't do it." He had turned a 180. It was refreshing.

And on another occasion, when the Federal Reserve came up in class and was to be talked about, he said "and if you want to know more about the Federal Reserve and its illegal activities, you can talk to that guy with the shaggy hair right there- his name is lance." He pointed me out in a very large class. It was kind of neat to be "the guy in the room" who had the DL on the Fed.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

Banned

Judging from your reading list, no wonder you are hardened and depressed sounding. You need to see some theatre or something. Something that will touch you.
    Synarch, I read everything under the sun. I was just trying to accommodate the request.

One of my all time favorite fiction writers is Gabo...hardly a depressing writer. I also have a major fondness for Tom Robbins. So ha! So much for your theory old boy.

I also regularly attend the theater and other events. See my Why I Will Miss Washington thread for evidence.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Synarch, I recommend this book to you. Everything in this book is very well documented, and it has spun the head of everyone I recommended it to, including my last History Professor at UT, who nearly mocked me (like you) when I merely explained the book to him. After he had read it, he called me up after class one day and said, "You know I can't teach this stuff in class, 90% of the people out there are so set in what they think the government is and how it works, I just couldn't do it." He had turned a 180. It was refreshing.

And on another occasion, when the Federal Reserve came up in class and was to be talked about, he said "and if you want to know more about the Federal Reserve and its illegal activities, you can talk to that guy with the shaggy hair right there- his name is lance." He pointed me out in a very large class. It was kind of neat to be "the guy in the room" who had the DL on the Fed.
    I don't occupy myself with things I have no control over. Knowing about secret cabals who pull the levers of power does nothing to:

1. Give me power
    2. Get me into secret cabals
    3. Give me lots of money

So, what use is it? I study things I can add to my "Synarch Improvement Project (tm)".
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Synarch, I read everything under the sun. I was just trying to accommodate the request.

One of my all time favorite fiction writers is Gabo...hardly a depressing writer. I also have a major fondness for Tom Robbins. So ha! So much for your theory old boy.
    Glad to see something other than ice water stirs in your veins. You're right though, I don't know you. Je m'excuse.

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't occupy myself with things I have no control over. Knowing about secret cabals who pull the levers of power does nothing to:

1. Give me power
    2. Get me into secret cabals
    3. Give me lot of money

So, what use is it? I study things I can add to my "Synarch Improvement Project (tm)".
    How does spending lots of time on typology forums satisfy these?

I never claimed it would be of use to you, but if you don't want to read about it, hold off on mocking people about it.

MBTI
    ENTP

How does spending lots of time on typology forums satisfy these?

I never claimed it would be of use to you, but if you don't want to read about it, hold off on mocking people about it.
    You're being paranoid again.

Banned

Glad to see something other than ice water stirs in your veins. You're right though, I don't know you. Je m'excuse.
    Excused.

Icy and difficult are not synonymous btw. I don't think any of the men I've been involved with would have described me as icy, and I know my children wouldn't, so cut me a little slack eh?

MBTI
    ENFP

You're being paranoid again.
    Sorry, I just don't like the term "conspiracy theorist." It works to destroy the credibility of those to whom it refers while providing no real refutation. So, I think any usage of that word is mockery.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Excused.

Icy and difficult are not synonymous btw. I don't think any of the men I've been involved with would have described me as icy, and I know my children wouldn't, so cut me a little slack eh?
    I thought I acknowledged that you had convinced me you had something other than ice water in your veins. I also said "excuse me" (albeit in French) and I said you're right. But, I will go further with you. If a man compels you to go a mile, go twain, after all.

I hereby cut thee slack!

MBTI
    ENTP

Sorry, I just don't like the term "conspiracy theorist." It works to destroy the credibility of those to whom it refers while providing no real refutation. So, I think any usage of that word is mockery.
    You may have a point and yet this term is usually pretty accurate as most people interested in conspiracies seem them everywhere. It's more a projection of their own fear and dishonesty than anything else.