• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

language of god

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Given the recent parlance over the existence of God, I'd figured I'd introduce a book on the subject. It's called The Language of God by Francis Collins. It's an easy enough read and can be interesting. It's Collins' personal story of belief and disbelief as he lays out several issues involved in the matter. I'm reading it right now and it's not bad for anybody. FYI Collins directed the Human Genome Project, scientific research of some note.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
This reminds me of a wonderful quote from Nietzsche, in Beyond Good and Evil pt. IV.

"There’s something fine about the fact that God learned Greek when he wanted to become a writer—and that he did not learn it better."

What is it Collins sees as the language of God? The human genome?

To me, math always seemed the closest. It is the only precise way to describe things - regular language is muddled.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This reminds me of a wonderful quote from Nietzsche, in Beyond Good and Evil pt. IV.

"There’s something fine about the fact that God learned Greek when he wanted to become a writer—and that he did not learn it better."

What is it Collins sees as the language of God? The human genome?

To me, math always seemed the closest. It is the only precise way to describe things - regular language is muddled.

It doesn't exclusively call on the genome project for proof. It's an exploration of different ideas and arguments from several perspectives accompanied by pieces of Collins' own personal history. Mathematics and other sciences are also discussed along with the genome. I think the title is what it is to atract readers.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It doesn't exclusively call on the genome project for proof. It's an exploration of different ideas and arguments from several perspectives accompanied by pieces of Collins' own personal history. Mathematics and other sciences are also discussed along with the genome. I think the title is what it is to atract readers.

This sounds like an awesome book, I'm going to have to pick up a copy.