• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I will kill myself

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Into It, I admire your willingness to ask the hard questions and analyze life for what it is.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Disclaimer*

I am not going to kill myself now. Nor tomorrow. Nor the next day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... if you decide to off yourself, say, 3 days after tomorrow, can I have your avatar's t-shirt? :cheese:

*oh, & I second what toonia just said, wholeheartedly.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1.Yes, for most people, suicide is an escape from pain. I pity that situation. But how would one "notice" the escape from pain? Doesn't matter. Schopenhauer says one makes the decision when "the terrors of life outweigh the terrors of death." Personally, I would hope my suicide would not be an escape from pain. I would like to endure as much pain as I possibly could take, because defeating pain raises your potential. I have considered suicide when I was at a point of great psychological pain and grief. Even then, it was only a thought in passing, and I was not in as much pain as I would have needed to be to carry it out at that time. I would greatly prefer my death to take place at a high point in my life.

2.Yeah, I really wish that I could edit the thread name at this point. The best I can do is add a disclaimer to the OP.

Oh. Looks like you're not as bad off as I thought.

Guess this means you won't be posting a link to a webcam stream so we can watch it, huh? I kind of figured you were the type to do so. Darn, I was really looking forward to the ensuing drama.

I'm kidding, of course. You seem interesting, and I'm glad you you're not going to kill yourself before I have a chance to meet you. ;)

(Hope the dark humor isn't getting to anyone. I just enjoy that kind of thing. Seems to be an INJ thing, from what I can tell.)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
... I would greatly prefer my death to take place at a high point in my life.

Having said that (yourself), wouldn't you think that 'high' point in your life is simply... yet to come? This would most definitely mean you have a chance, a healthy (enough) outlook in the life ahead of you.

... Why do you think there are people out there (somehow) seeking martyrdom, for instance? Would it help you to think what drives such people to a cause that they believed in?

Look, what I'm trying to tell you is - you've come this far in life against all odds, which suggests you got what it takes. Odds? I would encourage to think about some people... a lot of people out there seeking a cause, which befits their rights, human rights. How they would leave their mark in history, how not to get caught up in the prejudice.

... Are you getting the 'hardcore' kind of living, here? What do you think you've seen or felt or been 'hit' by so hard enough, which tempts you to consider this act? I don't understand.

For what your conscience might tell you, there are pursuits and challenges out there that would test you, up to the point where you may 'think' about dying, but it'll be that exhilaration that keeps you on the drive.

... It's true, life can be tough, but you ought to realize that where there's worth - hope and fear more-or-less coexist. Bailing out is simply out-of-question, here.

Don't want to say I would know best in this regard, but I'm sure a lot of people have been in that road - perhaps they were suicidal at a point in their lives, themselves? Hope never fails, and people can be good even against the odds.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
People commit suicide for all sorts of reasons. I've never seriously considered suicide, but there were times when my life seemed more trouble than I felt I could handle at the time to the point where I just didn't care and since I am going to die anyway, who cares when?

Anyway.

The thing I ALWAYS think about when thinking about suicide is the first hand accounts of people who have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge and survived to tell the tale. In every case, as they plummeted to their death they wished they could undo their suicide. So, imagine that for every survivor, there are tens of people who successfully commit suicide and in nearly ever case it is likely they realize what a colossal mistake they just made. It is chilling to consider.

So, this is life. Your time here is a gift. You get one little blink in the vast, empty darkness of eternity. Then you will be dead forever and ever. You will die soon anyway. Drink from the cup of life and drain the dregs. You might learn something you did not know. And, even if you didn't you will die eventually anyway. Stick it out. Exult in the suffering. Welcome the pain. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

If that doesn't move you. Think about all the people you will harm psychically in your passing. Think of the bad example you will set. Misery is contagious. You have a duty to fight for life.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well... if you decide to off yourself, say, 3 days after tomorrow, can I have your avatar's t-shirt? :cheese:

*oh, & I second what toonia just said, wholeheartedly.

Hehe, I really like that shirt...seeing me in it you can get a sense of who I am before I would say a word.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
The thing I ALWAYS think about when thinking about suicide is the first hand accounts of people who have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge and survived to tell the tale. In every case, as they plummeted to their death they wished they could undo their suicide. So, imagine that for every survivor, there are tens of people who successfully commit suicide and in nearly ever case it is likely they realize what a colossal mistake they just made. It is chilling to consider.

Yes, that is chilling.

Again, and this is in response to the guy who posted above you and starts every other thought with "..." I want to emphasize that I am not "reaching out," I am opening a philosophical discussion. And yes, I have had to deal with things that are very hard. I wouldn't use the word "hardcore lifestyle" but that just sounds like wearing leather and biking to me. Yes, at my darkest I did think about it. But I didn't plan on it, and I didn't attempt it. It was just a thought, that if things continued to go downhill for much longer, I did not know how much more I would be able to take. Luckily things improved to a degree not long after. And yes, my highpoints are to come. I have had many before as well and I'm in a pretty good spot right now, too.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Guess this means you won't be posting a link to a webcam stream so we can watch it, huh? I kind of figured you were the type to do so.

That is hilarious.

I often think about what outrageous things I'm going to pull off at my funeral. If I could pull it off, I would have myself raised up out of the coffin by strings, but that would be cruel. I plan to have some really funny shit go down though, and I've got time to get it all planned out. Funerals are just so morose, and what's more, BORING! You know, never will I see all my friends and family together. Not for the rest of my life. They won't get together until I die. So there's NO WAY I'm going to let those guys be bored. Maybe I'll design my coffin ahead of time, make it shaped like a hotdog...

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
... Luckily things improved to a degree not long after. And yes, my highpoints are to come. I have had many before as well and I'm in a pretty good spot right now, too.

That's good, man. :cool:

... Glad that you've come to.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
FWIW, curiosity keeps me going. Much as I feel I've seen everything, I'm continually surprised.

I cannot overemphasize the value of being pleasantly (or even unpleasantly) surprised.

The fact that my continued existence may well irritate the hell out of one or two contemporaries is but a bon mot.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
FWIW, curiosity keeps me going. Much as I feel I've seen everything, I'm continually surprised.

I cannot overemphasize the value of being pleasantly (or even unpleasantly) surprised.

The fact that my continued existence may well irritate the hell out of one or two contemporaries is but a bon mot.

The best revenge is in outliving your enemies.

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Life is just something that happens to happen. Don't make it mean anything. It doesn't mean anything. You're in pain when you make it mean something.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Life is just something that happens to happen. Don't make it mean anything. It doesn't mean anything. You're in pain when you make it means something.

You make being an INTJ sound quite easy.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
*Disclaimer*

I am not going to kill myself now. Nor tomorrow. Nor the next day.

So I've got to wait till Thursday at the earliest?

To escape pain is in fact our only motivator.

My understanding was that death was in fact our only motivator and that pain was one of the inhibitors that helped us escape it.

Of even my favorite books, you would not hear me say that I wished they would never had an ending. The joy of reading it is nice, but it is also pleasurable to regard the book as a whole.

You're aware that having finished reading one book you can move onto others, right? Because you're going to find it difficult to regard life as a whole once you have no consciousness. Regarding will be the last thing you'll be doing. Not-existing, now that's going to be more up your alley of options.

Not to question your motives totally, and please correct me if I'm wrong without taking it to heart, but is this all just an elaborate farce to fish for sympathy?