User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    2."Purpose" is an invention. It is subjective. So while my life has purpose to me, and to those I know, I doubt a greater purpose than this exists.
    It is subjective. But what would an objective purpose be, and why is there a need for a greater purpose?

Would pleasure seeking behaviour be considered objective or subjective? And if it is objective, is the creation of subjective purposes really that subjective as it fufills the first critiera?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You make being an INTJ sound quite easy.
    It's a lot easier than it looks.

You know, I think for maximum effect, this thread should be on the boards right ABOVE "Man pushes suicide jumper off" than below. What do you think?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's a lot easier than it looks.
    That explains why INTJs end up being more capable than me.

Another case of "It shouldn't work, but it does."

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    So I've got to wait till Thursday at the earliest?

1Not-existing, now that's going to be more up your alley of options.

2Not to question your motives totally, and please correct me if I'm wrong without taking it to heart, but is this all just an elaborate farce to fish for sympathy?
    1Yes, I'm not planning on regarding anything once I'm dead. It's more about the triumphant peace that will spread over me when I know that I'm finished. That I've created something that cannot be destroyed, that even after all those who ever knew me have died, it still was.

2I'm really not looking for sympathy. Actually, I've gotten way too much of it - and far more than I expected - in this thread (I do appreciate the kindness of those who offered it though). I'm not sad or in a pitiful position, so I don't deserve sympathy...it's really that simple. Judging by the responses I've gotten, I must not have been clear enough in my OP that this was not a threat of any kind, that I want to die with high spirits, and not wasting on some bed...and I would like to be old.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

well this thread is really uplifting. not sure what you're looking for but if the rest of us miserable fuckers have to keep living, why come you don't?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    well this thread is really uplifting. not sure what you're looking for but if the rest of us miserable fuckers have to keep living, why how come you don't?
    Your capitalization and comma placement needs work, too.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It is subjective. But what would an objective purpose be, and 1why is there a need for a greater purpose?

2Would pleasure seeking behaviour be considered objective or subjective? And if it is objective, is the creation of subjective purposes really that subjective as it fufills the first critiera?
    I like this thought. Way to be an SJ on these forums.

1.An objective purpose would not be. It could not be. And I don't see why there is a need for a greater purpose, but many people believe there is one just because they find this thought cold.

2.If we are observing and measuring the behavior, the actions can be considered objective, but the reasons for seeking the pleasure are subjective, so it would be more accurate to see these actions in a "subjective light," I think.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Your capitalization and comma placement needs work, too.
    haha thanks! :P that was quick i must say. if anyone were to "get it", I just knew you would!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm really not looking for sympathy.
    Good, it's fairly apparent you'll find little here.

I want to die with high spirits, and not wasting on some bed...and I would like to be old.
    I also would prefer not to waste away. But to die with high spirits? Kindly explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

I like this thought. Way to be an SJ on these forums.

1.An objective purpose would not be. It could not be. And I don't see why there is a need for a greater purpose, but many people believe there is one just because they find this thought cold.

2.If we are observing and measuring the behavior, the actions can be considered objective, but the reasons for seeking the pleasure are subjective, so it would be more accurate to see these actions in a "subjective light," I think.
    I'm just thinking that people usually think of an objective purpose as something that can only be given by God or the likes, otherwise it's all subjective. But it doesn't totally make sense to me, why many people seem to need this all encomposing greater purpose that is meant to be objective.

When we create stuff. It might serve an objective purpose, to serve our objective selfish gene which is to continue existance. Hm suddenly I remember what this is all about, whether there is meaning to existance at the most fundamental level.... Scratch the above comments out. I'll just remain as an agnostic on whether there is reasoning behind the movement of an atom.