MBTI
    ENTP

*pushes IntoIt off the bridge*
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Into It, I admire your willingness to ask the hard questions and analyze life for what it is.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    *Disclaimer*

I am not going to kill myself now. Nor tomorrow. Nor the next day.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well... if you decide to off yourself, say, 3 days after tomorrow, can I have your avatar's t-shirt?

*oh, & I second what toonia just said, wholeheartedly.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1.Yes, for most people, suicide is an escape from pain. I pity that situation. But how would one "notice" the escape from pain? Doesn't matter. Schopenhauer says one makes the decision when "the terrors of life outweigh the terrors of death." Personally, I would hope my suicide would not be an escape from pain. I would like to endure as much pain as I possibly could take, because defeating pain raises your potential. I have considered suicide when I was at a point of great psychological pain and grief. Even then, it was only a thought in passing, and I was not in as much pain as I would have needed to be to carry it out at that time. I would greatly prefer my death to take place at a high point in my life.

2.Yeah, I really wish that I could edit the thread name at this point. The best I can do is add a disclaimer to the OP.
    Oh. Looks like you're not as bad off as I thought.

Guess this means you won't be posting a link to a webcam stream so we can watch it, huh? I kind of figured you were the type to do so. Darn, I was really looking forward to the ensuing drama.

I'm kidding, of course. You seem interesting, and I'm glad you you're not going to kill yourself before I have a chance to meet you.

(Hope the dark humor isn't getting to anyone. I just enjoy that kind of thing. Seems to be an INJ thing, from what I can tell.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

... I would greatly prefer my death to take place at a high point in my life.
    Having said that (yourself), wouldn't you think that 'high' point in your life is simply... yet to come? This would most definitely mean you have a chance, a healthy (enough) outlook in the life ahead of you.

... Why do you think there are people out there (somehow) seeking martyrdom, for instance? Would it help you to think what drives such people to a cause that they believed in?

Look, what I'm trying to tell you is - you've come this far in life against all odds, which suggests you got what it takes. Odds? I would encourage to think about some people... a lot of people out there seeking a cause, which befits their rights, human rights. How they would leave their mark in history, how not to get caught up in the prejudice.

... Are you getting the 'hardcore' kind of living, here? What do you think you've seen or felt or been 'hit' by so hard enough, which tempts you to consider this act? I don't understand.

For what your conscience might tell you, there are pursuits and challenges out there that would test you, up to the point where you may 'think' about dying, but it'll be that exhilaration that keeps you on the drive.

... It's true, life can be tough, but you ought to realize that where there's worth - hope and fear more-or-less coexist. Bailing out is simply out-of-question, here.

Don't want to say I would know best in this regard, but I'm sure a lot of people have been in that road - perhaps they were suicidal at a point in their lives, themselves? Hope never fails, and people can be good even against the odds.

MBTI
    ENTP

People commit suicide for all sorts of reasons. I've never seriously considered suicide, but there were times when my life seemed more trouble than I felt I could handle at the time to the point where I just didn't care and since I am going to die anyway, who cares when?

Anyway.

The thing I ALWAYS think about when thinking about suicide is the first hand accounts of people who have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge and survived to tell the tale. In every case, as they plummeted to their death they wished they could undo their suicide. So, imagine that for every survivor, there are tens of people who successfully commit suicide and in nearly ever case it is likely they realize what a colossal mistake they just made. It is chilling to consider.

So, this is life. Your time here is a gift. You get one little blink in the vast, empty darkness of eternity. Then you will be dead forever and ever. You will die soon anyway. Drink from the cup of life and drain the dregs. You might learn something you did not know. And, even if you didn't you will die eventually anyway. Stick it out. Exult in the suffering. Welcome the pain. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

If that doesn't move you. Think about all the people you will harm psychically in your passing. Think of the bad example you will set. Misery is contagious. You have a duty to fight for life.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Well... if you decide to off yourself, say, 3 days after tomorrow, can I have your avatar's t-shirt?

*oh, & I second what toonia just said, wholeheartedly.
    Hehe, I really like that shirt...seeing me in it you can get a sense of who I am before I would say a word.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

The thing I ALWAYS think about when thinking about suicide is the first hand accounts of people who have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge and survived to tell the tale. In every case, as they plummeted to their death they wished they could undo their suicide. So, imagine that for every survivor, there are tens of people who successfully commit suicide and in nearly ever case it is likely they realize what a colossal mistake they just made. It is chilling to consider.
    Yes, that is chilling.

Again, and this is in response to the guy who posted above you and starts every other thought with "..." I want to emphasize that I am not "reaching out," I am opening a philosophical discussion. And yes, I have had to deal with things that are very hard. I wouldn't use the word "hardcore lifestyle" but that just sounds like wearing leather and biking to me. Yes, at my darkest I did think about it. But I didn't plan on it, and I didn't attempt it. It was just a thought, that if things continued to go downhill for much longer, I did not know how much more I would be able to take. Luckily things improved to a degree not long after. And yes, my highpoints are to come. I have had many before as well and I'm in a pretty good spot right now, too.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"