• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Deception and God

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thanks, I knew someone would find it at least entertaining if not humorous. There are alot of people who are more disruptive than productive that is for sure.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I don't know the whole of everything love has done...

But God sent love to die on the cross. Christ died for you so you could have love to be yours and live.

I missed this post.

Sorry for using the "flurry technique," but you're asking a question that no human could answer, so I just did my best, though I could have simply answered "No human can answer that."

My point was that I do not know what the love of God would look like. But I can point out the state of things and check whether or not they reflect a certain God.

Since I failed to figure it out, why don't you just go ahead and give me the answer now?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
But God sent love to die on the cross. Christ died for you so you could have love to be yours and live.

The idealism is beautiful. They did love in B.C. though, right? I guess the ritual was retroactive.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interestingly, a lot of Christians might agree with this. Why do you think it was called the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil? A snake represents cunning?

Basically, the hidden idea in the story was that reason/logic was the cause of sin. A curse that arose from eating the apple, so to speak. The idea is that pain and death are the price of knowledge.

Personally, I think whoever wrote the story was a Feeling type who hadn't properly integrated Thinking into their psyche, and projected "evil" qualities onto it. The moral of the story is basically "Ignorance and obedience is bliss." Not a moral I like, honestly.

I respectfully disagree with your take on this. The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil simply seperates us from the animals. Animals cannot do evil because they have no concept of evil, where as humans make value judgements every day - religious or not. The story symbolically attempts to explain why we need to rely on ourselves i.e. "working in the garden" as opposed to simply relying on God's provisions in the manner of a wild animal.

I think a T type actually could be quite fond of obedience, and many actually are. It may not be religious obedience some T's are demanding these days, but surely doctors and scientists and law makers would encourage the rest of us to follow their rules?

There's actually a lot of common sense in the Old Testament if it is applied toward the time in which is was written. For example, people didn't eat pork or shell fish because it was easier to contract diseases/parasites from it at that time. We even know today that pork isn't particularly easy for the body to digest. It was also easier to catch untreatable diseases from sexual intercourse, etc.

Of course, I am someone who believes in the fallen nature of humanity, so my argument ends here.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think a T type actually could be quite fond of obedience, and many actually are. It may not be religious obedience some T's are demanding these days, but surely doctors and scientists and law makers would encourage the rest of us to follow their rules?

Don't want to nitpick, but I think this is much more of a P/J distinction.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Of course, I am someone who believes in the fallen nature of humanity, so my argument ends here.

In other words, you're a Christian. Well, in that case, your disagreement with my interpretation is neither surprising nor meaningful.

You should have stated that before writing your post so it could be read with that disclaimer, not as an afterthought. It makes a major difference.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In other words, you're a Christian. Well, in that case, your disagreement with my interpretation is neither surprising nor meaningful.

You should have stated that before writing your post so it could be read with that disclaimer, not as an afterthought. It makes a major difference.

This is so nasty and closed minded I don't even want to dignify it with a response, but I will, just to let you know how narrow minded it is to say someone's opinion is not "meaningful" if they are a Christian, as if all Christians are the same. :dont:Which we are not. I do not interpret the Bible literally and came to Christianity as an adult through thought and experience after years of skepticism.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is so nasty and closed minded I don't even want to dignify it with a response, but I will, just to let you know how narrow minded it is to say someone's opinion is not "meaningful" if they are a Christian, as if all Christians are the same. :dont:Which we are not. I do not interpret the Bible literally and came to Christianity as an adult through thought and experience after years of skepticism.

I just mean that your opinion should be considered in the context of you being a Christian, because there are certain things Christians inherently reject as a result of the nature of their beliefs.

It isn't that your opinion isn't meaningful in any context, just that it should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's not meaningful in the context of responding to my post, because no one could accept my interpretation and still be Christian. It's not because you're not valid as a person.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just mean that your opinion should be considered in the context of you being a Christian, because there are certain things Christians inherently reject as a result of the nature of their beliefs.

It isn't that your opinion isn't meaningful, just that it should be taken with a grain of salt.

You're really a hateful bitch, aren't you?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
It isn't that your opinion isn't meaningful in any context, just that it should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's not meaningful in the context of responding to my post, because no one could accept my interpretation and still be Christian. It's not because you're not valid as a person.

Haha, wow! :shock: