User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 71

  1. #21
    Lasting_Pain
    Guest

    Default

    All I can say is when I die, I have a lot of questions for God. Even if I get accepted to Heaven or not, he will answer my questions.

  2. #22
    Member ADISCIPLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Obviously I think it is safe to say that noone really knows the truth. We can all speculate with our various biassed evidence, but in the end it comes down to faith vs faith. I cannot claim a religion, because it doesn't make sense to me. I could claim science (which my brain tells me to), but we don't have all of the pieces yet.

    Does a creator (or initiator) exist? The medium conclusion in the scientific approach would say that something started something. Nothing can come from nothing. I think that there was something that initiated (at least) everything as we know it, whether divine intervention exists we have no clue.

    I think anyone can put together reason and say it was from God. But if God is eternal as Islam, Judaism, and Christianity state, than time is really nothing outside of our universe, God wouldn't abide by it, he set it in place. If something is eternal than it must exist in a solitary moment, one continuous moment, or really no moment at all.

    If our souls exist forever after we die, than truly they must have always existed in some energy, maybe just a thought in a creator's head?

    As for the Bible, I am not a Christian (in fact I dislike most Christians I meet), but I have read the entire book a few times with a clear head and with a little research and here are my conlusions:

    During the times before Christ and until his death, stories were written and told as stories. For instance: Adam and Eve, Noah and the ark, Jonah and the whale, etc. People understood principles, morals, and values through tales. This is how they got their points across. I love the life of Christ because I think if you leave it in its context you can find some truth and grace in life. He makes incredible points applicable to our time when it comes to social order, class, government, and the like. He was a politician, he provided a great life to model after. I don't know if he did miracles or anything I just think he treated people right. I don't even think you can correctly type him MBTI haha.

    I don't think the Bible, or any other religious text gives the perfect explanation for the beginning of time. But I think that you can draw some good theories from it.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Into It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    All I can say is when I die, I have a lot of questions for God. Even if I get accepted to Heaven or not, he will answer my questions.
    If he condemns you to an eternity of fire and brimstone...

    Then even in eternity, I doubt you would be worth his time. He's not going to grant you three wishes before banishing you from all things good. Is he?
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

  4. #24
    Senior Member Into It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADISCIPLE View Post

    I don't know if he did miracles or anything I just think he treated people right. I don't even think you can correctly type him MBTI haha.
    INTP

    This is what he seems to me. But then, I haven't read the book in its entirety, and certainly wouldn't more than once. But you may be right, he may not be typable, because much of his life is allegorical.

    Do you agree with this? The INTP at least? If he wasn't born with all knowledge, then he figured a lot of things out, and in a classic INTP style it appears to me. This is if we accept him as a historical figure, rather than the literal son of God.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

  5. #25
    Member ADISCIPLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    INTP

    This is what he seems to me. But then, I haven't read the book in its entirety, and certainly wouldn't more than once. But you may be right, he may not be typable, because much of his life is allegorical.

    Do you agree with this? The INTP at least? If he wasn't born with all knowledge, then he figured a lot of things out, and in a classic INTP style it appears to me. This is if we accept him as a historical figure, rather than the literal son of God.
    Right, I think we must look at Jesus as a historical figure. "Son of God" is very vague, especially in this forum where we haven't distinguished "God" or even if he/she exists for that matter. If you don't know already I'm very new to MBTI and Psychology in general so it I haven't got all the Type Portraits figured out yet.

    As far as INTP, I haven't typed any people as INTP so just from reading the portrait I would say no, but close. So I tried to type him from scripture, what he did, where he went, who he saw, and what he said, etc. And I would want to say he was definitely Intuitive and probably Judging. I want to say Extroverted because most of the scripture he spends speaking amongst crowds or with his twelve. But the text also says he went by himself for meditation and prayer, and spent forty days alone in the wilderness, that seems like an Introvert to me. And for Thinking or Feeling he had to be right on the line because he wept, felt compassion, etc. But he was also a thinker which is pretty obvious. So from my analysis he could be any of these:

    INTJ, ENTJ, INFJ, ENFJ. Or maybe, he really was the son of god and was all types into one forming the most incredible human being of all time impurvious to all psychoanalysis!.

    Haha.

  6. #26
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    WTH is this thread about? God is a lying INTP???


    Can you summarize your argument in a couple of sentences? I lost the will to live wading thru the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #27
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    WTH is this thread about? God is a lying INTP???


    Can you summarize your argument in a couple of sentences? I lost the will to live wading thru the OP.
    i don't think "god" could be defined as anything within human conception, even if this "god" entity exists.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  8. #28
    Member ADISCIPLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    WTH is this thread about? God is a lying INTP???


    Can you summarize your argument in a couple of sentences? I lost the will to live wading thru the OP.
    Into It: If a God such as the Christian God exists, is he deceptive because He doesnt just tell us the answers and expects us to believe something less logical to be true rather than what we have discovered ourselves through science?

    Sentura: If there is a God, he is far to intricate to understand as a human.

    Athenian200: The story says rational human beings caused since, and that we should be ignorant and just believe.

    Grayscale: Mankind has always wanted to be God.

    Sunset5678: I believe in God because the people that dont embarrass the people that do and the Bible says this will happen.

    Kalach: This is a good argument because it is okay for people to lie to their loved ones to protect them.

    Antireconciler: This is a good argument, I cant dispute, someone else try.

    Jennifer: Its not illogical to promote faith and obedience.

    Oom: Does God even exist?

    Athenian200: I know I probably am wrong, I just cant live by blind faith.

    Fluffywolf: Humans are deceptive, not God.

    Into It: Yes I agree that it is not evil to lie to protect someone or something, but why would God design it to be subject to harm?

    Kalach: Lying to protect me is wrong, because I dont just want the truth, I need the truth.

    Into It: Kalach stopped reading what I posted because he believes that all ENFPs are ignorant. What I was saying was God would have the right to deceive someone if what he was hiding was evil in itself and would harm us little humans, but why would he set it up that way?

    Kalach: All ENFPs will tell you whats on their mind, because they all are ignorant! And I am supreme because I typed INTJ!!!

    Into It: You were referring to my hidden feelings? This post has nothing to do with my personal feelings and therefore they were not hidden. I think you have week Introverted Feeling, you need to work on that.

    Kalach: You are just trying to bullshit everyone until they dont care anymore. So what is Gods love like?

    Lasting Pain: Whether I go to Heaven or Hell, I have question to ask God, and he will answer them.

    Me: I think this is getting way off topic, so Ill change it: Does Science support a creator since some action must begin to create a reaction and so on, infinitely. And is that what God really would be, Infinite? So what type was Jesus?

    Into It: INTP. What you think?

    Me: No, I think NJ.

    You: Im too tired and lazy to read all of this, can you make it shorter and easier.

    Me: Yes I can, this is the best I can do, here you go.

  9. #29
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADISCIPLE View Post
    Athenian200: The story says rational human beings caused since, and that we should be ignorant and just believe.
    Sin, not since.

    I think if there's a God, s/he's probably an INTJ.

    I knew a really quirky, interesting INTJ author once, and their stories have the same sense of humor and justice that s/he does.

  10. #30
    Member ADISCIPLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Sin, not since.

    I think if there's a God, s/he's probably an INTJ.

    I knew a really quirky, interesting INTJ author once, and their stories have the same sense of humor and justice that s/he does.
    Sorry for the typo, I knew what you meant. And it was Jesus (as a historical person) I was trying to type, not God. I don't think you can "Type" God.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP and GOD
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 06:12 AM
  2. Liberal Democracy and God
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs, Cats and Gods
    By VYCanisMajoris in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM
  4. [NT] NTs and God
    By KLessard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 504
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM
  5. Risk, Reward, and God
    By notjeffgoldblum in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO